IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

lusting after women is driving me crazy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, I can't stop thinking/lusting after the female form. Whether it be through pictures, videos, or real life. Whenever I see a woman, sexual desires enter my mind. This occurs almost all of the time, all day long. However, at the same time, my attraction to Krsna is growing stronger and stronger. I can't stop thinking about Him, chanting His names, reading His lilas. If I try to restrain all sexual urges, I know I will go crazy...so what should I do? Can I keep lusting, but somehow channel it towards Krsna? If so, how?

Welcome to the battlefield. You can't stop that sense drive by any process other than strengthening your attachment to Krsna, which you say is growing.

There are some techniques which help a little. Like trying to just observe the lust as it appears and maintain the observer position. The lust comes, the head turns,you are aware of the feelings and then it passes. Remember Krsna as you just watch this experience pass by.

You might try studying some gross anatamony and then force yourself to see the raw truth of the bodies as they are.

I have some videos and books with actual pictures(photos not drawings) of cadavers all cut up, skinned and exposing the whole mess. The muscular and skeletal system, the veinous system, the internal organs etc.

See it for what it is. At first you are overtaken by aversion but then you get past that and can see it for what it is. A machine.

For instance we are attracted to experiencing our body kissing the mouth of some pretty woman. So just think what a mouth is. It's the end of a long tube that runs down to the stomach and then further that tube becomes the intestines and finally an anus on the other end. That is what we are kissing. A tube that ingests and digests food, absorbs nutrients, and forms and expells turds.

Do we really want to kiss the 'sweet' end of such a tube?

If we saw one lying by the side of the road would we pick it up and upon figuring out which hole is the anus and which is the mouth then begin to kiss the mouth end?

Behind it all we want to love and experience intimacy with another living being. But this natural desire of the soul cannot be satified by substituting some biological machine for a real person, that is, another soul.

Only one who can learn the process of nescience and that of transcendental knowledge side by side can transcend the influence of repeated birth and death and enjoy the full blessing of immortality.-Sri Isopanishad mantra 11

Knowledge breeds detachment. Understanding what we are and what we are not.

But truthfully we won't really suceed fully this way. It may be somewhat helpful. Our only hope is for Krsna to reach down and pick us up. The more we chant and pray for mercy the better off we will be.

Patient determination fellow soul.

Hare Krsna

Here is a story that Prabhupada told =============

Once upon a time there was a prince who met very beautiful young

girl. He visited her house to see her but she was very chaste. The

prince wanted to marry this beautiful girl but she didn't want to

marry him. So she said to the prince, "Alright, you want to marry

me, you are attracted by my beauty, so I will distil my beauty in

the next ten days, I will distil my beauty into liquid form and

then you can come and see this distilled form of my beauty." So

the prince said, "Alright." Then she said, "If you still want to

take me as your wife then you can take me." The prince replied,

"Alright, that's fine, I'll come back in ten days and certainly

I'll take you as my wife my beautiful young maiden."

As soon he left the beautiful young girl started to take very

strong purgatives, medicine which would cause her to vomit and

pass stool. She kept all the vomit and stool in a big pot. She

didn't eat anything, she was simply passing stool and vomiting, so

within ten days her whole beautiful body was destroyed. She was a

grey colour, she was very skinny, very weak, you couldn't

recognize her as the same person.

After ten days the prince came back to visit the beautiful girl.

She opened the door for him. When the prince saw her he said, "I

have come to see one very beautiful lady who I am about to marry."

So the girl said, "I am that beautiful young lady." He replied,

"No it isn't true. How could it be possible?" She said, "Yes I am

that beautiful young lady, I have distilled my beauty, come and

see it." The prince thought, "This will be interesting." She took

him to the place where she was keeping the big pot containing all

of her stool, vomit and urine and she said, "Here is my beauty."

This is the story of liquid beauty, and it is a fact. That is

actually the beauty of the material body, it's simply a bag of

pus, stool, urine, blood, mucus, horrible things. And we are just

attached to the skin and as soon as the skin is no longer

beautiful we are not attracted any more.

eh!!... no problem, you are just a normal male human being with all the hormons and everything at his place..

the key is not stopping to act, the key is to spend more time with krsna and, as a consequence, to spend less time with maya

so chant hare krsna, increase your japa rounds and their quality, read devotional books, meet and associate with devotees, join or build nama hatta groups, accept services even at home more as possible

---

and..... take a wife (or a girlfriend if you are young!!)... better if a krsna devotee one

in this way your lust will hopefully be for your legitimate wife/grilfriend and not for all the girls in the world.... a great improvement!!!

the key is "association and chanting"

In buddhist meditations , such as metta meditations, you try to observe the mind like it is a movie or something.

Try it, just observe the thoughts that run through your mind when you see a beautiful figure, but do not provoke them and do not be a part of them... stand aside in yourself and also do not act toward such thoughts.

This way, you will see that what you are fighting is a natural occurence. When you recognize it as a natural occurence, you will certainly not fight it then continue with krishna- then he will surely decrease your attraction to this material world and increase the dormant attraction that you have for him (gradually).

To fight the maya is not with in your control, you can't help it, but to act in maya or to not act in maya is with in your control.

So, leave the fighting to krishna and act for krishna, not for maya. In other words, what I am trying to say is do not act in those thoughts, just let them pass... do not provoke them or subdue them by force.

Guest guest

welcome to the club.

this is why it is said that person who can conqure the universe is nto as glorous as person who can conqure lust.

And if the sexual urge has to be controlled you have to do fasting .

And fasting also strengtens the mind.

Fast once a week on friuts/satvic guna will become more.You are in rajasic guna if you have more sexual urge.

Avoid spicy food,throw out all the literature/videos you have collected.

If you want instant relief from lustfull thoughts drinking 2-3 glasses of water and deep breathing 2-3 minutes will help to neautralize the emotion.Then slowly breath to normal.

Food/Breathing(Pranayama) have a direct influence on our lust.Do the suppress your thoughts but simply realize that your mind is up to its tricks.If you follow the above two it will be possible.