IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

krishna : the colourful dancing god by osho

Rate this topic

I remember when we moved to US first thing we saw on TV was the sunday morning "religious" roundup. I was convinced it was some kind of parody of religious services or a freak show. Coming from Europe, I could not fathom it was for real. Only later we have learned that millions of people give money to such cheaters.

it still makes me laugh even after all these years. I have always been curious why God needed the 14 million so bad and what He spent it on.

I am ROTFLMAO!!!

And why would God pick Oral Roberts to hold hostage? O.R. must have done some great sacrifices in his previous life to have picked for this!!

yes I can picture him now, sanding on one leg in the forest, survivng on one molecule of oxygen for 13 kalpas, all the time praying in his mind, "O'Lord, I wish to be your captive."

Good lesson there on being very specific when we pray.

If osho is a animal how come his books are still sold in the world.And accepted all over the world ? Especially in india.His ashram still exists in india.

"I WANT TO REMIND YOU THAT WHETHER I AM HERE OR NOT THE CELEBRATION HAS TO CONTINUE.IF I AM NOT HERE,THEN IT HAS TO BE MORE INTENSE AND IT HAS TO SPREAD AROUND THE WORLD.

CELEBRATION IS MY RELIGION.LOVE IS MY MESSAGE.SILENCE IN MY TRUTH."

These words of osho do not seem he is a animal but a deeply rich,happy,joyfull human being.

It is very easy to say he is bad but was not jesus crucified himself for his outspokeness.Great humans are always misunderstood as they are more outspoken.

Read his books and make your judgement.

Guest guest

"If osho is a animal how come his books are still sold in the world.And accepted all over the world ?"

cheated buy cheating books

"Read his books and make your judgement."

already done, they're bogus

Guest guest

These words of osho do not seem he is a animal but a deeply rich,happy,joyfull human being.

It is very easy to say he is bad but was not jesus crucified himself for his outspokeness.Great humans are always misunderstood as they are more outspoken.

Read his books and make your judgement.

Let's see, according to the testimony of his own disciples, the rich, happy, joyful Osho:

-- was addicted to drugs (benzodiazepines in particular)

-- was racist and bigoted

-- had illicit sex with several female disciples

-- was an outspoken fan of Hitler

-- raped and impregnated at least one of his female disciples

-- was anti-Semitic and thought the Jews had what was coming to them

-- sexually abused other female disciples

etc etc.

I don't believe in Jesus, but how exactly is this Osho anything at all like Jesus? Oh wait, I get it. They're alike because both of them were persecuted, right?

So your logic is that since Jesus was innocent and persecuted, then Osho, because he was persecuted, must also have been innocent??

Obviously, if your intelligence quotient exceeds that of a doorknob, you are automatically disqualified from being an Osho follower. The converse appears to be true also - those who are Osho followers tend to have no more intelligence than that of a doorknob.

What I find especially entertaining is the way followers of this discredited organization now try to chant Krishna's name and praise ISKCON. When Osho was living it up in the USA with his fleet of Rolls Royces, he had no use for Krishna then. Only because he has been so thoroughly discredited does he now make a pretense of invoking Krishna's name, as if by doing so he can somehow boost his own credibility as a spiritual leader.

I think we all know that this "Srinivas" fellow isn't going to budge from his position, and will likely respond by giving all kinds of licentious misinterpretations of Puraanic stories just to apparently validate Osho's behavior. I therefore move that the moderators please ban this fellow's Osho propaganda so that we don't have to listen to the blasphemy that will amost invariably follow. I for one have no desire to sing classical music to a donkey.

Thank you

If i beleive this is a discussion forum and i aint saying follow osho and not prabhupada.Neither i am saying i am a osho follower.

Apparently his book on krishna was of interest.And so are praphupada books.This is a discussion forum and if i seem to be a osho follower you are mistaken .Reading a book written by a person and discussing about it is very natural is a discussion forum.

I could have posted as a guest.Banning me would have no effect as i could always login on a different name.

I beleive it is important for discussion forums to be open to all types of thoughts.It is good that you have expressed a lot a lot of anti-osho comments.This will help people to decide who is correct.

I aint going to post any comments on osho books as i see that it is pointless to discuss even a book i have read recently.Regardless of the lifestyle that person has lived.

But i would continue to say " read his book and make your judgement "

I will not post anything related to osho and i am sorry if if it seems to propogate osho .

Guest guest

When former university professor Acharya Rajneesh suddenly changed his name to Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, I was dismayed. The famous enlightened sage Ramana Maharshi was called Bhagwan by his disciples as a spontaneous term of endearment. Rajneesh simply declared that everyone should start calling him Bhagwan, a title which can mean anything from 'divine one' to God. Rajneesh became irritated when I would politely correct his mispronunciations of English words after his lectures, so I felt in no position to tell him that I thought his new name was inappropriate and dishonest. That change in name marked a turning point in Rajneesh's level of honesty and was the first of many big lies to come. "

"Acharya, Bhagwan Shree, Osho...all the empowering names taken by Rajneesh could not cover up the fact that he was still a human being. He had ambitions and desires, sexual and material, just like everyone else. All living enlightened humans have desires. All enlightened men have had public lives that we know about and all have had private lives that remained secret. The vast majority of enlightened men do nothing but good for the world. Only Rajneesh, to my knowledge, became a criminal in both the legal and ethical sense of the word"

well i have read the whole article in the web site.i am surprised to see that the same person claims that osho was enlightenend.so is it really possible for osho to do these things.

also i have never been to osho's ashram.also i am not an authentic person to say whether osho was enlightenend or not.but i have read many books by osho including Krishna:the man and his philosophy.i find this book is very beautiful.

Guest guest

HareKrishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!I offer my obeisances unto HIM.!

I have read both sides.First of all, how come a person in total delusionment become anything close to spiritual.Clearly, he is an being with animalistic senses. He is neither great nor ordinary.From his lifestyle it is clear he is a criminal of different degrees all put in one.

He might be smart,intelligent, and adept in writing skills, so he can write beautiful mind stirring sentences that people find it fresh and refreshing. That any good writer can do.But is this a forum for good writing skills trying to exhibit good books.No, this is a forum for spiritual discussions. If iam a good writer, I can write about Krishna beautifully and sell million copies and call myself GOD. Then I too can become a guru.God is more than the words in the book, is more than what we see, hear or feel. He is above everything. People elevate idiots like osho who came up by using God's name. If he had any ounce of spiritual strength, he will not do what he did.

Shri VedaVyas has clearly said that it is impossible to be in the material and spiritual plane at the same time. We should be in the material platform with total detachment and serve Krishna. That being the case, osho has stooped to new levels of materialism and is deeper in the hole than anyone. But people elevate him because he has released some books & "SOUNDS" correct spiritually.

Please, what is wrong with people.Srila Prabhupada clearly says, one cannot realise God by speculative knowledge which according to me is exactly these books are. God can be realised only through the practice of Bhakti in this age of Kali.Clearly, osho has not done any bhakto practice.Then,if he did not live an examplary life then how can his teachings be effective.Clearly, all his books are nonsense and can only corrupt the mind.

"Whatever that glitters is not GOLD"

The life of any Guru is an indicative factor of how he/she is. Clearly osho is nothing but a psycho with good writing skills.

HareKrishna!

anand

Guest guest

Osho is more worse than animal i read one of his dicple's book ( swami dharmavrat ) . He was first enthusiastically joined that movement After frutr~n he resingned that movement . He says " He is most cruel even than hitler and stalin . he cheated his qwn disciples . osho has no philosophy by conventional sense the most possible reason for that he was afraid that somebody will find out fallecies in that HE had only critised from Jesus to budhha to mahaveer evryone osho taugt "Dhyan" to his disciple but if u analyse carefully that has borrowd fr Hindu Yogmarga ( has striking simi. with NAathpanthi dhyan ) if he stoled the hindu process (it's fact even his followers will refused t o accpet)

Guest guest

Think over it !

You chant 16 rounds. That is Great ! But it's strange that you want to stay with both (Osho and prabhupada ). Will you please elaborate, how can you ?

Great Acharyas says that marriage is base of society and sign of developed culture . Osho says marriage system is ridiculous. Osho gives example of open -spouse system of uncultured tribes of Bastar (MP-india)

Which option you will choose if you are unmarried ?

Acharyas says, you may follow Brahmcharya(Bachelorhood) and there is nothing wrong in it. But,according to Osho, Brahmcharya is totally unnatural and nonsense .

Sri krishna explains in BhagwadGeeta (3.37) - " LUST is greatest enemy of conditioned soul and it binds oneself to this material world which is abode of miseries "

But Osho advocates free Sex.

So, Do you recommend free sex policy ?

Osho teaches Meditation . Yes I agree, meditation is good But

I think it is not much practical (Due to its degree of complexity).Also a very few people in society can meditate perfectly . The ultimate understating is "Devotional service is supreme" Sri krishna also confirms this in BhagwadGeeta - " Bhaktya mam abhijanati "

My point is that if one is on negative axis, it is good to uplift him or her upto zero point ( What meditiation does ) ( even Budhhism also speaks about such void ) But, We should understand that thereexist something better , something positive beyond that . That positive

thing is the loving relationship between God & us which can be achieved only through medium of Bhakti (devotional service)

Lord krishna is limitless defectless absolute truth whereas Osho was subjected to the defects and he has had his limiations. So, it is not difficult to decide, who should be our ideal .

At one point of time, I was also thinking that let me have (so-called) enjoyment and devotional service ( for example chanting that you do) simultaneously . But is that possible ? No ! Never !!

because it leads you nowhere.

I Hope you will consider my points seriously and stop fluctuating.

May the paramatma in your heart guide you !

Guest guest

Beloved Guest, Have you ever had a taste of meditation and bliss? To be a brahmacharya and renouncing sex will never help a person to grow multidimensionally. Sex is an intrinsic part of life not to be renounced at all. One can renounce physically, but how to renounce it from one's mind. Isnt it a hypocrisy to think of sex all the time and be celibate in public. Osho's message is of awareness in everything one does, including sex. Moment to moment awareness. Here Now. Meditation is not confined to just sitting with your eyes closed but being meditative in everything. Try one of His active meditations. Will help you to understand better. Love.....

Guest guest

osho is not aware of basic vedics concepts on krsna, how can he teach awareness? Stop a little your "moment to moment" meditation and think if you are learning from a real guru or from a poor dead madman

Guest guest

How can u say that osho was just a man with good writing

skills if most of the books u are refering to are

spontaniously spoken?

It shows that u dont really know what u are talking about.

Its clear that osho was not acharya how preached basic vedic

conceps in a way that was known to us.

Guest guest

I heard osho community people dont wear cloths and they roam around without. Is this true? please clarift

Guest guest

There are exually very strict clothing rules.

Everybody where's maroon collered robes.

They cover most of the body.

During evening meditation, when a video of an osho lecture is played everybody wears a white robe.

If would take of your clothes inside the ashram i guess

that u would be expelled

Guest guest

This person does not seem to be a disciple at all. He more looks like paid by US Govt. or some orginised religion to write bad about OSHO. I dont support such fellows, if you want to go by such standards, there are many people who were against Buddhas.

The main point based on which I suspected this fellow, who wrote such obnoxious stuff is, he reduced the ideal to his level and didnot accept the fact that a human who has animal propensity can raise upto the God conscious level.

He only says man can universal consciousness at maximum to do some miracles.

One who cannot understand highest principles of spirituality can never understand any Guru, forget about OSHO, because Gurus are manifestations of highest spirituality. I dont understand one thing how can one who has gone and reaised soul, can succumb to sexual desires. This person says Osho was fully realised but was not able to control his sexual desires. This looks almost stupid to me and ridiculous, only ameteurs talk like this.

Guest guest

If you are thinking to boost up your ego well he can be a topic. Common break up your boundries. Dont look just from the windows get out of room.

Learn both the extremes from him and forget him. He is the example on himself. Break up your constraints towards life and start living being as rascal as you can be

First of all, do anyone knows what Enlightnment means? Gautama Buddha was the Enlightned One and he set a perfect sample of such person.

An Enlightned person is someone who disattached his emotions and attachments to the World he lives in - no desires (sexual or material), no needs, no ambitions, and live for sake of the World alone. THAT is enlightned person.

Obviously, by changing his name to something else and showing his own desires and such, this person is not an enlightened man but a thief who will steal from others.

And what does he meant by Jews forced Hitler to commit genocide? I find that offending.