HTML Basic (very)

Rate this topic

<MARQUEE> <font color="FFD700"> <H2>Hare Krishna! </H2>

</font color> </MARQUEE>

Posted Image

<MARQUEE><MARQUEE DIRECTION=DOWN>

<font color="red"> <H2>All Glories To Srila Prabhupada! </H2>

</font color> </MARQUEE>

Actually it is all pretty simple. It is simply getting the codes and placing them in your site or post. I found some excellent sites and printed out their instructions a long time ago and refer to those documents all the time now. I am no html master - I just copy the codes for what I need or want to do.

Do a google search of html codes and you can find out how to do just about anything for your website including forms with drop down boxes, mouse-overs etc.

<font color="Red">What is your favorite color?</font color>

<SELECT NAME="Favorite_Colore"SIZE="1">

<OPTION SELECTED>Blue

<OPTION>Red

<OPTION>Yellow

<OPTION>Green

<OPTION>Black

<OPTION>Orange

<OPTION>Purple

</SELECT>

Kinda takes the mystery out of the webmaster!! It really is a lot of fun to do these things.

As Govindaram has noted - he just found this stuff out yesterday.

There are some things that I have not found the codes for and perhaps someone here can help. Problem is I can't remember right now what they were - /images/graemlins/confused.gif

To anyone who is interested:-

You can notice the following three things in the above pose:-

1. The text is moving from right to left.

2. Its color is red.

3. It is larger than what we normally see when we type a text.

Now let us see how to write html code to create these effects. Please note that I have put white space after < and befoe > in the following. This is because otherwise you will not be able to see what html tags you should use. But, when you are writing html tags, then do not use these white spaces.

The moving text effect is produced by MARQUEE html code. So, if you want the text "Hare Krishna" moving from right to left, just write:-

< MARQUEE >Hare Krishna< /MARQUEE >

Here < MARQUEE > is start tag and < /MARQUEE > is end tag. lso, note that I have not specified anywhere that the direction should be from right to left. This is because it is default and, therefore, need not be specified.

So, you know how to create moving text effect. Now, let us see how we can make color as red. For that use start tag as

< font color="red" > and end tag as < /font color>

As you can notice, the word "red" is not used in end tag.

The size of the text in Govindaram's post can be made by putting the heading as H2. So, start tag should be < H2 > and end tag should be < /H2 >. Here H2 means Heading2 style as you can see in Microsoft Word.

So, the complete text can be written by combining the tags for MARQUEE, font color and heading as shown in the following html code:

< MARQUEE >< font color="red" >< H2 >Hare Krishna< /H2 >< /font color >< /MARQUEE >

Please note that the order of tags is not important. But, make sure that the tags must be nested. In other words, if the opening tag for some code comes latter, then it end tag must come earlier.

If we remove the white spaces after < and before >, then we will see the following: -

<MARQUEE><font color="red"><H2>Hare Krishna</H2></font color></MARQUEE>

Sorry, I saw your posts and Govindaram's explanation after I had posted mine. When I first saw Govindaram's post, then I did not see the explanation. It seems that he edited his post or may be that I did not give sufficient time to my browser to refresh.

This thread will be fun. We can experiement with html and also ask for codes we can't figure out.

I found the easiest thing for me is to find a site with the codes and cut and past - changing text or whatever according to my needs.

Guest guest

<marquee width="90%"> /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="blue"> Krishna rules! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif</font color> </marquee>

<marquee width="90%"> /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="red"> Radha rules! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif</font color> </marquee>

Here is how I did the drop box..take out the extra spaces after the < or the > so that it will work.

[ color:"Red"]What is your favorite color?[ /color]

< SELECT NAME="Favorite_Color"SIZE="1">

< OPTION SELECTED>Blue

< OPTION>Red

< OPTION>Yellow

< OPTION>Green

< OPTION>Black

< OPTION>Orange

< OPTION>Purple

</SELECT >

<marquee width="90%"> /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="blue"> Krishna rules! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif</font color> </marquee>

<marquee direction=right width="90%"> /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="red"> Radha rules! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif</font color> </marquee>

I also would like to know if I am replying to ILK's post.

Now I'm starting to really <marquee> feel the power</marquee>

When I come back this evening I'll try something else. By then I_L_K and Govindarama should be approaching the mid-master level.

Thanks guys /images/graemlins/smile.gif

<H2>

</MARQUEE><MARQUEE WIDTH="60%"> <font color="red"> Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/ <font color="blue"> Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare </font color> </font color> </MARQUEE><MARQUEE WIDTH="20%">

<font color="orange"> All Glories to Srila Prabhupada! </font color> </MARQUEE> </MARQUEE><MARQUEE WIDTH="20%">

<font color="green"> All Glories to the Assembled Devotees </font color> </MARQUEE></H2>

<MARQUEE WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=50><font color="blue">Hare</font color></MARQUEE><MARQUEE WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=50><font color="red">

Krishna!</font color>

</MARQUEE><MARQUEE WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=50><font color="green">Hare</font color></MARQUEE><MARQUEE WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=50><font color="purple">

Krishna!</font color>

</MARQUEE>

<MARQUEE BEHAVIOR=ALTERNATE> /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif</MARQUEE>

<MARQUEE BEHAVIOR=alternate HSPACE=50 WIDTH="25%" BGCOLOR=lightblue>

I thought so...

Good to see ya!

</MARQUEE>Hare Krsna!!

Here is the code for this: but remember to take out the extra spaces by the < or the > to make it work for you.

< MARQUEE BEHAVIOR=alternate HSPACE=50 WIDTH="25%" BGCOLOR=lightblue >

I thought so...< P >

Good to see ya!

< /MARQUEE >Hare Krsna!!

Guest guest

I mean that is:

<marquee width= "30%"> <font color="purple"><h2> I LOVE KRISHNA! </h2></font color> /images/graemlins/cool.gif </marquee>

And also :

<pre><font class="small">code:</font><hr><BODY BGCOLOR="######"> </pre><hr>

<marquee> <font color="blue"><h2> RADHA KI JAI! </h2></font color> /images/graemlins/grin.gif </marquee>

<marquee> /images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="red"><h2> KRISHNA KI JAI </h2></font color> </marquee>

But your posts on the previous page has colored test? I do not understand what you mean.

Is this what you mean:

< MARQUEE DIRECTION=down >[ color:blue]Krishna [ /color]< /marquee>

Makes this:

<MARQUEE DIRECTION=down><font color="blue">Krishna </font color></marquee>