IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sandy

What is GOD?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

there is no answer, as any answer would belong to the relative world, and Truth or God is absolute.

Dear Sandy,

Can you find the sugar that is dissolved in water? You can only know the presence of sugar in it by just tasting it. You can not deny the fact that there is sugar in it, can you? Like that God has to be felt, nobody can make you feel Him for you. You can experience it by sincere devotion & faith. When we are not able to see the stars in the presence of sun, how can you see the God when our mind is covered by desires& attachments. Only when you give up all your desires & attachment, you can start realising Him. So first give up your ego, wishes & attachment before trying to realise HIM. The short way to God is to cut short your ego!

HariBhol!

viji

you offer a taste-test analogy but is it possible to *know* Brahman by relying on sensorial perception? Indeed, it is the accepted definition that *GOD* is Absolute Truth. basically, it's amorphous, non-material, and consists entirely of well-worded paradoxes. mostly dualities. you know; it is INFINITE, yet it is NOTHING; it is OMNIPOTENT, yet it does not act; it has form, yet it doesn't! all very confusing, supposed to transcend human cogency. so, by my limited understanding of this sort of thing, once you (generally speaking) arrive at this knowledge of the absolute, you thereby cease to exist—corporeally, psychologically, the whole gamut. Nothing and everything, all at once. in simple terms, you become *one* with everything, even though you had been before . . . rats . . . this is hefty material, as you can see. I'm probably the wrong guy to even begin to explain it to those unfamiliar. The only real suggestion I could give you is to avoid bhakti-yoga. while it's perfectly healthy and as a kid I was always fascinated by the assignment of gender to what is truly an insensible non/entity, there's something totally irrational—and feminine—underlying the concept of bhakti.

with out bhakthi yoga you can never realize God. Like theory of relativity God is manifest & un manifest, He has form & He is formless. both are true. If you feel God has form He has . What ever name you give Him, He takes that name.What ever form He is given, He accepts it. Only devotion can make us feel His presence. Only by our mind we have to realize Him first. How can you attain Him avoiding bhakthi yog, in all the yogas you will have ego, attachment to the fruit of action. So only bhakthi yoga is best for realizing Him!

HariBhol!

viji

but why bhakti yoga, specifically? in what way does it surpass, say, *yoga-misra-bhakti*. isnt the ideal method of transcendence ultimately *relative*? there can be no ideal! wait! wait, i get it now. but wherefore this idea of undying adoration, is it such a great idea to personify the Absolute?

Bhakthiyoga surpass all yogas because it does not reqire any conditions. Yagja can be done only by few people, it requires lot of materials, money, man with out wife or woman with out husband can not do yagjas. Where is in bhakthiyoga, anybody, anywhere can be done. Just surrender to God having unflinchable faith. He will take care of you.All you need is sincere faith in Him.

HariBhol!

viji

Well, that is the ultimate aim of any soul to be one with Supreme consciouness all of call "GOD". After all it is a Journey of a Soul.

But as long as I am in this body I want to experience complete bliss,the state of permanent happiness, joy and love. What I have understand with my expereince is that it is possible only by getting the state of 'enlightenment'.

Sandy

I am asking for enlightenment or 'mukti' and not 'moksha'. Moksha is to be free from the cycle of birth and death while mukti is to be free from all kinds of sufferings.

To get rid of sufferings one must get the state of 'englightenment' or 'mukti'.

When the self dies sufferings do not bother you. I do not say that there is no suffering but then if you get that state you do not suffer.

sandy

What is truly eternal will never cease to exist. Once you re-awaken your spiritual consciousness you will experience your true SELF and that self does not "die" or dissolve once you achieve mukti. You will simply be stunned or shocked in your ecstasy of Brahman's light. But for most souls such state is not permanent and due to their desire for ACTIVE enjoyment they come back to the material Universe. Bhakti provides both liberation and active enjoyment in the spiritual world. Hare Krisna!

Enlightment is possible only if you give up your vasanas, desires, attachments & fruit of action. if you give up all the above you can realize your SELF which is enlightment. You can attain that state in this body itself.

HariBhol!

Dear Sandy,

Hare Krishna!

I do not want anybody who reply on the basis of his knowledge he has read in vedas or puranas.

You are saying that I want to see someone, but there should be no light. I want to see something without light. Is it possible to see anything in dark? Similarly it is not possible to know about God without Vedas/Puranas/Bhagavad Gita...

I want the answer from them who have actually experienced GOD.

Those people are very rare in this world. And the ONLY means by which they can convey the vision of God is with the help of vedas/puranas. Because, mundane words can never describe the person who is above any mundane designations!

So, Please try to have an attitude of respect for the shaastras and try to learn from the shaastras, instead of trying to see in the darkness /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Krishna!

Dear Somesh,

I respect Shastras, Vedas and Puranas. All those who are trying to preech me this are highly misunderstood my point. In faact when I say i do not want answers from these scriputers I mean that these things I know and it is clear to me intellectually and for all you guys too. But I am interested in those great people who have expereinced GOD today in this mundane world. These are the people who if share the expereince of GOD would be the great source of inspiration for all of us, who have almost agreed to that fact that in Kali yuga it is impossible to have expereince of GOD.

Guest guest

god is a person who created us.HE is known as all mighty and all beautiful. If u want to know about god, the solution is to pray.If u believe in HIM u will get an answer

Guest guest

I tried to go to your links, and it said that they do not exist. Thanks anyway Jai Srila Prabhupada !

Guest guest

"You are saying that I want to see someone, but there should be no light. I want to see something without light. Is it possible to see anything in dark? Similarly it is not possible to know about God without Vedas/Puranas/Bhagavad Gita..."

In the animal kingdom u got animals that have lived so long in the dark that they have evolved without eyes, they dont see jack, but if u enter the cave they see u in the form of sound,smell and radar, so u may know God thru ur heart that is without eyes, or with ur soul that dont have any eyes or anything, u can know God in other ways then Vedas/Puranas/Bhagavad Gita, it is not the only way, is a good way but not the only way!!

Guest guest

I got first and second experience of God, I say like the Sufi´s say to read books about God, is like reading a cockbook about a special dinner and how it taste like and so on, u can only say what it taste like when u tasted it, and if u like it u eat it again and again and again...

Im 23 and ive searched for God for some years from the age of 11 when I thaught that lifes . and it must be more to this then suffering, second experience of God I get from the Gita that remind me how it is, and what He has told me, I have seen God many times in different forms, I hear Him when He talks to me but louder then anything u can imagine, He has saved me numerious of tims with His precense, He is a person like the HK say, but He is not bound to a form like us, He can be at several places at once and still remain the same!! This I havent got from a book but from first hand experience!! My mission in this and other lifes aint to do more then He asks of me, I preach to everyone that the onlyway to be happy is to surrender to the Lord, im in my heart are never sad, I got bliss u talk about!!

Guest guest

it takes time to find but everyone who believes i think would agree it is the overwhelming safe zone. a channel that suddenly appears and opens doors in your mindframe. it is inner peace, the pure untainted soul. you communicate and breathe through this transcendental plane. the gita says 4 kinds of men search for god. the seeker of truth, the seeker of knowledge, the sufferer, and the man of wisdom. it is through the gradual process of soul-cleansing that you find god. im still struggling as well. but through meditation, i can focus on that open channel that exists somewhere inside me and everywhere around me, like a light that envelops you. it is with pure faith and belief that it starts to make sense. when you sacrifice yourself to god and destroy your ego so there is no more I, my, mine. krishna said he freezes the man of faith in the state he is in, until that man searches for Him. you've taken the first step, but remember, these enlightened men you speak of can take many, many years to achieve what you are talking about. perhaps you should read the experiences of such people, such as yoganda or prabhupada.

Guest guest

i forgot to add i have experienced it. if for the most briefest of moments. ive been meditating only for a matter of months but there was one instance where it shone in my mind like anything, i experienced a tunnel and i heard a voice giving me a message. i cried for the first time in years. i dont know if what i experienced was god, or if it was my own mind playing tricks. but i guess that was what samadhi feels like, albeit for much longer duration then a minute.