IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

translation into hindi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Since hindi and sanskrit are so closely related, I was wondering if someone could transalte the most appropiate word for 'love' into the devanagari system?

Guest guest

What about the word piya? Doesn't it mean love too? If so, what's the difference?

Thanks,

Guest guest

I've also stumbled across the words prIti and pyAra. Could someone enlighten me about their meanings?

Piya= beloved.

Priti= sweetness or sweetheart

Pyara= Dear one, dearest.

Piya is only used for lover.

Priti is usually a feminine name, but also could be used as a masculine name through additions to Priti for example, Priti kumar would be masculine.

Pyara is usually said about the person one really likes...it does not have to be just beloved... but it could be used in any relationship.

For example, a mother might say "Mera beta bahut pyara hai" - this would translate to "My child is very dear to me" (please correct me if i am wrong)

So, you can also use pyara as an adjective or something that describes a person or an action or a relationship.

For example, you can say "Hamari Pyari Dhosti" (Pyari is feminine use of Pyara), this would translate to "Our dearest friendship" which would be equal to "Our treasured friendship".

Guest guest

Ok, so the word prema should translate correctly into the noun love?

And which devanagari is right? The premA or prema picture? And what's the difference between them concerning the actual meanings and uses?

Thans for all the help!

was written by Avinash.

Posted Image

I did not just take anyone's word that they are all-knowing and correct. I researched books, the web and also asked people that I know and found that the correct one is written by Avinash.

It would be beneficial for anyone wanting to have something permanent engraved onto their bodies to do the same so as not to end up with something different than they had in mind.

post-153-138274048659_thumb.gif

Guest guest

Hello to all!

Can you help me? I need the real Sanskrit word for "love" and I'm very interested to see also a picture (mybe a attachement) how it is written. I mean "prema" and not Priti or Preman or Karuna. As I want it for a tattoo on my body I want to be secure...

Thanks in advance

Manfredo