IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

helena in sanskrit

Rate this topic

Krishna is a trillion times better than this ponce, find somebody better to look up to Helena, if you want a taste of His glories then chant this mantra anytime/anywhere esp morning time good...

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare Hare

Guest guest

In telugu , the alphabet are very different, so it is not wise to compare the english alphabet which are 26, to the 56 characters of telugu.

It is the same when you compare it with tamil... you just can't compare english with tamil.

it just does not happen.

You see the first letter in the picture that i posted...

It is called "HA" if you give it a "Hetvam" which is a stress... it becomes "HEY"

It is an exeptional rule that the hetvam should not touch the main "HA"

Note: these characters in telugu are used to make certain sounds.

Unlike Tamil consonants which are only 18 (6 hard, 6 soft, 6 medium)

The Telugu consonants are 36- 4 are never used, so we can say 32.

i will quickly explain it to you...

The first letter that we see in the name above is HA and it is a consonant thats why the hetvam (U turned to the left) is not attached.

LA is the next letter, there is no rule that la should be left alone, so we attach the turned U to it.

The Na looks like HA but the main difference is that the "Hetvam" would be attached to it... but there is no need of "Hetvam" because we are not writing NEY we are writing "NAA"

So we write NAA

The line sticking on top of the NA is called a "DHIRGA" and dhirga is used to stress or elongate the expression.

So, It becomes HELENA. Not HELEN... if the dirgam is not there then it would become nnn which would then be pronounced HELEN.

To compare tamil and telugu to English would be like saying

"britney spears is not a bitch"

You wrote Salena or something... this is telugu.. it is supposed to be Helena, not Salena.

You must have confused yourself with Sa and Ha. There is a difference between both, but it is reasonable for you to be misled because it happened to me also when I tried to learn it.

Sa is not written like that though. Sa is written with out the zero in the bottom.

The Hetvam is not a check mark like we see it in Devanagari. Hetvam is a pitching syllable and tells you to use a certain pitch.

For example, if you give a hetvam to HA, then you make it into "HEY".

The difference is easy to see if we say HA(low pitch) HEY (High pitch)

Your SA is like NA and NA is like SA , if you switch them, they would spell Nalesa.

LEji, a small correction! Talugu is not same as Telugu /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Well, it is believed that sanskrit is the root of all other languages in India. So its easy to become a polyglot beginning with sanskrit. Also Telugu script is similar to that of Kannada. So its slightly easy to understand kannada if you know Telugu well but not vice versa.

To ILK: Adentandi "anni bhaashamula kanna Telugu bhaasha minna" kada? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mana Matru bhasha ki jay! anni ti kante chakkati bhasha mana andramma bhasha /images/graemlins/smile.gif

just like,

Anni ti ki chakkannaina prabhu manna venkateshwarulu (krishna ofcourse). Cuz the last time I went there they chanted Govinda all the way in the temple! it was great!

Anyway,

Chudandi enta chakkaga unndho aa ratha yi post meeda /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am really enjoying this thread!!

To ILK: Adentandi "anni bhaashamula kanna Telugu bhaasha minna" kada?

As for the superiority of Telugu - I guess it depends on taste. I agree it is a very interesting script and my interest is certainly sparked!