IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Swaminarayan Mantra?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My Guru "Sri Vishnuswami" & "Sri Guru Daata Mahatma" has told to respect all "genuine" sects (paricularly vaishnava).

respect is for everyone... to accept that one's god is another thing, if he's not god he's a cheater

" Anyone who says "Swaminarayan", his sins will be forgiven by Supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan"

Swaminarayan.......I guess I am now sinless for a moment .....boy that was easy...

"If someone says "Swaminarayan" just once, it is equivalent to 1000 names of other names of God. It gives an unexplainable good result fal."

I said it.......I guess I am still waiting for Fal.

"If someone says "Swaminarayan" at the time that person is about to die, that person will achieve Moksha"

Didn't Sri Krsna said this in Geeta. Instead Swaminaranyan Sri Krsna said remembring me at the time of death.

"I will not try to contemplete on Women which does not belong to me and take that to my heart which inturn leads to the physical sinful deed"

I always thought, women is also a creation of God. Evil is in the mind of the beholder, not in the women. Control your mind and purify your heart and you will see God in everything.....including women.

Guest guest

No....this is not true.

He had no oblection to his followers worshping Shri Krishna, but he is the supresme. He spread the glory of shri Krishna because at the time of his divine incarnation, many were followeres of Shree Krishna AND THEY NEDDED A BASIS TO BELEIVE HIM.

Shri Krishna live within Lord Shri Swaminarayan.

Guest guest

"but he is the supreme"

When did Swaminarayan say he was supreme? The Vedas certainly do not describe him as the Supreme Lord...

"He spread the glory of shri Krishna because at the time of his divine incarnation, many were followeres of Shree Krishna AND THEY NEDDED A BASIS TO BELEIVE HIM."

This is what intelligent people can identify as MENTAL SPECULATION - did Swaminarayan say that this is why he spread the glory of Krishna? NO. Did the Vedas say that Swaminarayan would do this? NO. You are making a mental concoction...

Here is the reason that Swaminarayan spread the glories of Krishna and this is not mental speculation, because it is from the words of Swaminarayan himself:

'I pray to Krishna, the source of all incarnations'

There is the reason: source of all incarnations i.e. the ORIGINAL SUPREME LORD...

"Shri Krishna live within Lord Shri Swaminarayan" - again MENTAL SPECULATION...

Guest guest

Jay Shree Krishna Govindramji,

I was just searching for something on google and i came on this discussion board.

I think even after 2 years of the 1st post, the discussion is still fresh, as many are misunderstanding this subject.

For the Mahatmaya of the matra swaminarayan, we can not ignore what Gunatitanand swami, the reincarnation of "Purna Purushottam Narayan's" abode called Akshardham him self, said for the Mantra Swaminarayan in his talks :

Just as a check is useless without the appropriate signature, Gunatitanand Swami places a stamp or guarantee bond on the SwamiNarayan mahaamantra for becoming brahmroop (fully liberated). Gunatitanand Swami explains the power behind chanting "SwamiNarayan" in several Swami Ni Vato, including chapter 1, number 154. First, something as dangerous as the poison from a black cobra is eradicated by this mahaamantra. Shastriji Maharaj and Yogiji Maharaj (http://www.kakaji.org/gunatit.html) illustrated this when Yogiji was bit by a black cobra, and then dissolving the poison by SwamiNarayan prayer. Yogiji added that avaguna (seeing negative in others), and qualities such as jealousy are also poisonous, and are eradicated by the chanting of this mahaamantra. Second, the attachment to panchvishay (objects attractive to the 5 senses) goes away. Third, the SwamiNarayan mahaamantra makes one brahmroop (completely liberated). And fourth, kaal (time), karma (effect of past deeds), and maya (illusory force), which restricts and binds all jiva (souls), are dispelled by the force of the mantra. By continuously chanting with the samjan (understanding) of its immeasurable value, the SwamiNarayan mahaamantra becomes mastered and there is total effect.

So i can conclude that the chanting of this Mantra even by ingorence, will raise your Punya to open you the correct path towards moksha. and Chanting of it with propor understanding gives us the results i wrote in the last para.

I hope this will help you understandig.

Hari Bol

Jay shree Krishna

Jay swaminarayan

Guest guest

SwamiNarayanan Worships Krishna. Why must anybody worship SwamiNarayanan ?? Instead one should worship Krishna himself.

COMMON-SENSE.

IS SWAMINARAYANAN HIMSELF WORSHIPS KRISHNA THAN PEOPLE LIKE US SHOULD WORSHIP KRISHNA TOO.

Guest guest

Why not,

Who ever you worship, worship him with proper understanding, and with total devotion.

In my last post, i was not doing any comparition or competition of Lord Krishna with lord swaminarayan.

I was just explaining the power of the mantra as per the initial question of Govingramji

Guest guest

The Acharyas of the Sampraday are more than mere administrative heads. They are the spiritual leaders and the Guru through whom the path to atyantik kalyan (ultimate redemption) is opened.

Sahajanand Swami (Swaminarayan) adopted Ayodhyaprasadji from His elder brother Rampratapji and adopted Raghuvirji from His younger brother Ichcharamji. He accepted the two as His own sons and handed the Northern- NarNarayan Dev Desh (diocese) to Ayodhyaprasadji and the Southern- LakshmiNarayan Dev Desh to Raghuvirji in Vadtal on VS 1882 (1826 AD) Kartik Sud 11 - Prabodhini Ekadashi (ironically on the very same day He was given the Acharya-pad by Ramanand Swami).

The NarNarayan Desh is based in Amdavad (Ahmedabad) and LakshmiNarayan Desh in Vadtal. Though known as NarNarayan Dev and Lakshminarayan Dev Gadi, both are the Swaminarayan Gadis as they are the only authentic gadis established by Lord Swaminarayan Himself.

The Acharyas are householders and their respective wives (Gadiwala) stand as the females’ Guru. The Gadi is passed on to the most capable of the Sons from their family.

The Acharya’s role is to

• initiate followers into the Sampraday with a Samanya Diksha by giving the special guru-mantra

• initiate sadhus (monks, ascetics) by giving them the Maha-Bhagwadi Diksha

• perform murti-pratishtha, install deities in the temples

• authenticate scriptures of the Sampraday

• act as the Guru and leader of the entire Sampraday.

These responsibilities have been prescribed in the Shikshapatri, Satsangijeevan and Desh Vibhag no Lekh, and according to these shastras no other individual other than the Dharmavanshi Acharyas are permitted to carry out the above duties. Therefore, the sole authority of the above lies with the two Acharyas.

“My Bhramin, Kshatriya and Vaishya followers who have received Shri Krshna Diksha (initiation) from the Dharmavanshi (descendants of Dharmadev) Acharyas, shall wear a double tulsi kanthi (rosary) around their neck and shall wear a U-shaped tilak on their forehead, chest, and both harms.” (Shikshapatri Shlok 41)

Therefore, a Swaminarayan follower is only a genuine Swaminarayan follower once he has received diksha from the respective Acharya. A Swaminarayan sadhu is only a genuine Swaminarayan sadhu once he has been given diksha by the Acharyas.

In the Shikshapatri (62), Swaminarayan Bhagwan clearly states

“And the form of Shri Krshna that has been given by your Acharya for the purpose of your worship and the forms that the Acharya has installed (i.e. in the mandirs) are the only forms of God worthy of worship. The rest are worthy of respect but not worthy of worship”

Therefore, the only murtis (deities) worthy of worship are those installed by the Acharyas.

In the Shikshapatri, Swaminarayan Bhagwan has placed a lot of importance on the Acharyas.

Shlok 71:

“All my followers shall never enter into debate with their Acharyas and shall serve the Acharyas with food, clothing, money etc according to their capacity.”

Shlok 72:

“Upon hearing of their coming, my followers should immediately go to greet and welcome the arrival of their Acharyas, and when the Acharya returns from the town my followers shall see them off to the outskirts of the town.”

In the scripture Purushottam Prakash, the writer Nishkulanand Swami describes the instance when Swaminarayan Bhagwan established the Dharmavanshi Acharyas.

Sahajanand Swami felt that now that He had established the grand temples and splendid Sampraday, He wanted to keep His sadhus free from the affairs dealing with wealth, power etc. He therefore decided that He would create leaders for each and every sadhu and householder, who will subsequently be responsible for the Sampraday.

This was in accordance with one of His three resolves; i.e. to establish the leaders of the Sampraday from His own family - Dharmakul.

Before declaring His intention to select His own family, Lord Shree Swaminarayan first gathered the senior sadhus/saints and followers and revealed His intention to install successors to the leadership.

The gathering that included seniors such as S.G. Muktanand Swami, S.G. Gopalanand Swami, S.G. Brahmanand Swami etc. as well as householders such as Dada- Uttam Khachar, unanimously recommended to Lord Shree Swaminarayan that He retain the leadership in His own Dharmakul and select Ayodhyaprasadji or Raghuvirji.

Lord Shree Swaminarayan was very pleased with this suggestion, for this was His own thinking as well. Since there was no room for discussion or further consideration, it was concluded that Lord Shree Swaminaryan's successors will be from His own Dharmakul and will be householders.

Sahajanand Swami then adopted Ayodhyaprasadji and Raghuvirprasadji as His own sons and made them the Acharyas – the Gurus of the Swaminarayan Sampraday.

He then declared, “Those who serve these Acharyas with food, jewellery, vehicles, animals, flowers etc shall be worthy of Akshardham…………. I shall emancipate those who serve and respect these Acharyas. Through these Acharyas I shall give kalyaan (give Akshardham) to all souls………." (Purushottam Prakash Chapter 37, Verse 6-20)

“…After a lot of thought and consideration I have decided to give the Gadi to them…” (Chapter 39 Verse 8)

“Therefore all of you shall obey the Dharamkul and serve them. They are not ordinary beings; they are great Devtas (Gods). As well as being my Sons they are Brahmin and my Bhaktas and by serving them you shall earn immense happiness. All your wishes will be fulfilled, this is my command that is to remain permanently.”

“So both householders and sadhus obey their (Acharyas’) commands, and not the fancies of the mind. Do not take any actions without their consent…..do not enter into debates with them even if you are greater in knowledge or wisdom…you shall regard the Acharyas as faultless – you shall obey their commands. If you keep them pleased then I will be pleased with you because they are in place of Myself….. I am forever residing in them. I am in them, and they are in Me. I am never far from them and I give darshan (divine sightings) residing in them……….”

“I am forever residing in the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. After seeing such followers I have decided to remain here (in the satsang), therefore those who worship the Acharyas have worshipped Me.”

(Purushottam Prakash Chapter 40)

The establishment of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas was therefore immensely important for both administrative and spiritual purposes.

The constitution of the Sampraday is laid out in Desh Vibhag no Lekh, which describes in detail the functions of the Acharyas.

“….it is my command to all sadhus, bhramcharis and all satsangi's, that for the purpose of your kalyaan (emancipation) you must obey and follow the two Acharyas of Dharmavansh, and obey their commands by thought, action and speech. If this is compromised and whoever turns elsewhere (rejecting the Acharyas) will find that they will never find sukh (happiness) in this world or the worlds beyond and will experience immense distress…” (Desh Vibhag no Lekh)

Furthermore, in one of the most authoritative scriptures the Vachamanamrut, Swaminarayan Bhagwan clearly states one of the prerequisites for attaining Akshardham

“…The devotee who is aashrit of Dharmakul (i.e. he who has received initiation from Dharmavanshi Acharya and remains loyal to the Acharya) gets a divine Brahm-state body by God’s wish…” (Vachanamrut, Gadhada Pratham Chapter 1)

So it is imperative to be a humble loyal follower of the Dharmavanshi Acharya once receiving the diksha (guru mantra) in order to be qualified to achieve a Brahm form.

Even Gunatitanand Swami, one of the main sadhus of Swaminarayan Bhagwan states “He who insults the temples, Acharyas, sadhus and satsangi’s will find his roots being destroyed and will inevitably fall from the satsang.” (Swami ni Vato Prakran 5, Vat 104)

Sahajanand Swami has decided to remain on this earth in His Acharyas. They are a version of Him. Being Purushottam Narayan Bhagwan, Sahajanand Swami kept an eternal method of attaining Akshardham by first requiring followers to obtain gurumantra or diksha and obey and respect the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. This is a system, which He has established for each and every follower. It was not a system that was to be changed or altered in the future in any way.

In S.G. Nityanand Swami's Shree Hari-Digvijay (endorsed by Lord Shree Swaminarayan) a debate between many great Vedic pundit- scholars and Lord Shree Swaminarayan is well documented.

The pundits challenge Lord Shree Swaminarayan's establishment of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. It was argued that a householder being a leader of renunciates (sadhus etc.) was anti-Vedic and had no firm basis in the scriptures of the Sanatan Dharma.

Lord Shree Swaminarayan explained in detail how it is in fact preferable to have householders leading a fellowship that consists of male and female renunciates and grihastha - householders.

He provided scriptural evidence for this and stated examples such Vyasji, the founder of the 4 Vedas and 18 Purans and considered the 'Universal Guru' in whose memory we have 'Guru-Poornima'.

Rishi Vyas was in fact a householder. Similarly, Rishis Vasishta and Yagyavalkya were also householders as was Brahmarshi Vishwamitra. A more distinct example is of Shukadevji, who recited the Srimad Bhagwat to King Parikshit, was a shishya (disciple) of King Janaka.

Therefore, the gathering of pandits and scholars agreed that the setup of Dharmavanshi Acharyas was more than coherent with the Vedic Dharmas and was worthy of honour and admiration.

Today there exist many sects that claim they are following the philosophies of Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan, where in fact nothing could be further from the truth. As Swaminarayan Bhagwan has emphasised, there is no Akshardham for those who do not honour, obey, respect and serve the Dharmavanshi Acharyas, no matter how great a devotee they are.

It has now become necessary to question ‘Swaminarayan Temples’ whether they are in fact Swaminarayan Temples since the deities appear not to have been installed by the Dharmavanshi Acharyas, which is an outright breach of Swaminarayan Bhagwan’s likings (refer Shikshapatri Shlok 10 and then Shlok 62).

It has also become necessary to question the authenticity of ‘Swaminarayan’ sadhus. According to the scriptures mentioned, a Swaminarayan Sadhu is he who has received the initiation (maha-bhagwati diksha) from Dharmavanshi Acharya- no one else.

Once this has been appreciated, one can realise the true grandeur of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. They are another form of Swaminarayan Bhagwan and though they appear as humans, they are at a status even higher than Akshar-Muktas. Therefore all Swaminarayan Satsangis should obtain initiation from one of the two Dharmavanshi Acharyas and remain under their instructions and always honour and respect them as they would Swaminarayan Bhagwan Himself.

Guest guest

The history behind the birth of Nar Narayan Rishi is majestic. After completing the murti-pratishtha ceremony of Shree NarNarayan Dev in Amdavad, Lord Shree Sahajanand Swami held a sabha in the grand chowk. Sadguru Anandanand Muni requested Maharaj to recite the katha of Shree NarNarayan Dev.

Shreeji Maharaj said that the same account is found in the Purans when Sanat Kumar visited Dharmadev in his abode.

Sanat Kumar arrived at Vishnupur, the divine abode-dham of Dharmadev, from Badrikashram. The dham was beautiful, filled with peace, harmony and paradise. Untouched by maaya, Vishnupur was residence to Dharmadev and His wives.

Sanat Kumar entered a grand palace where Dharmadev was being served by His wives Ahimsa (non-violence), Bhakti (devotion), Daya (compassion) etc.

The form of Dharmadev was gloriously charming. Sanat Kumar said to Dharmadev that He had come from Badrikashram to meet him. Upon hearing this, Dharmadev immediately fell into samadhi – much to the amazement of Sanat Kumar. A little while after Dharmadev awoke.

Sanat Kumar asked Dharmadev "Great devtas such as Brahma, Vishnu, Shiv etc and even Vasudev himself worship you and meditate upon you. Dharmadev! How come you entered into a samadhi? Who were you seeing in the samadhi?"

To satisfy Sanat Kumar’s curiosity, Dharmadev replied "Just as you mentioned Badrikashram I entered samadhi. Badrikashram is the dham of my sons Shree NarNarayan in devta form. They are the forms of Lord Purushottam Himself. I was meditating upon their wonderful murtis."

Sanat Kumar was surprised to hear Dharmadev’s words "Shree NarNarayan Rishi is Lord? I was under the impression that just as Narad is a Rishi, Shree NarNarayan too are great sages. I did not know they are Bhagwan Himself."

"Sanat, Shree NarNarayan Dev are Purushottam incarnates. Let me tell you the history of their birth." And so Dharmadev explained how Shree Nar Narayan Dev were born.

When nothing but Purushottam Narayan existed, Lord decided to initiate the creation once again. First He looked towards Akshar through whom then Purush was motivated. Purush then joined with Maha Maya from who infinite Pradhan Purush were created. From the joining of each Pradhan Purush mahatt and the three ahamkars appeared. The 24 elements then emerged from the three ahamkars to then form the body of Virat Narayan, who then continued the process of creating universes.

Lord then looked towards Purusha and as a result from Purusha’s heart Dharmadev and Brahmvidya emerged. Bhagwan Purushottam instructed Dharmadev and his wife Brahmvidya to reside in each of the infinite universes, for whoever were to serve Dharma would attain happiness. Dharmadev requested to stay with Lord and not leave Him.

Bhagwan in turn replied "I will be wherever both of you are. For now, reside in each universe as well as in your own Vishnupur Dham. Later, I will take birth from you."

Dharmadev then re-emerged from Bhrama and then left to reside in Vishnupur. After many kalpas passing (millions of years) Dharmadev became upset from not seeing or meeting Lord. He and his wife came to earth on the banks of the river DevNadi and began to do tappashcarya (penance). The tapp was extremely severe. They ate very little, if anything at all and every second was spent in devotion to Bhagwan. They endured extreme heat and cold and were only motivated by the prospect of darshan of Lord.

After many milleniums passed Dharmadev experienced divine darshan of Lord in his heart. Soon after, both his and his wife’s body starting to emit vast amounts of tej (bright light). The tej was so powerful that it blinded the entire universe with its brightness. It spread beyond the earth to the heavens and beyond. Immediately, all the devtas such as Indra, Shiv, Bhrama, Vishnu, Sankarshan, Vasudev, Aniruddh etc. rushed to the banks of DevNadi – they realised that Bhagwan had taken birth.

They all prayed to Lord to withdraw all the brightness so that everyone could do darshan. Once the tej disappeared the huge gathering at the banks of the river DevNadi were overwhelmed to see Bhagwan in four forms. With delight the devtas named them Hari, Krshna, Nar and Narayan.

All those there began to do poojan of Bhagwan in chatruvyuha-svaroop (four forms). One by one all the devtas offered pooja to Hari, Krshna, Nar and Narayan. After the devas, devis such as Lakshmi, Parvati, Sarasvati etc came to offer pooja to Lord. Narayan stopped them. He did not allow the females to come close to the four of them. He told them that they had accepted akhand naishthik brahmacharya (celibacy) vratt.

Dharmadev fainted from disappointment after hearing thess words. After regaining consciousness he asked Narayan "Why have you accepted such a severe vratt of brahmacharya? You have only just manifested on this earth and you are already practising such tyag (renunciation)?"

Narayan said "O father Dharmadev, brahmacharya is the greatest of all vratts. I am most fond of brahmacharya vratt. We have no liking for materialistic pleasures of this world. We are completely detached. However, please be satisfied that only Myself (Narayan) and Nar and not Hari and Krshna, will continue with this vratt." Dharmadev was pleased to hear these words and the devis proceeded to offer pooja to Hari and Krshna.

After the poojan, aarti was offered to the Lords after which Hari, Krshna, Nar and Narayan went to DevNadi for bathing. The personal forms of the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Sarasvati, Godavari etc were disappointed. They felt that now Bhagwan will no longer bathe from them. The holy rivers therefore decided to enter the clouds above DevNadi and shower the four forms of God with their water. Offering their abhishek from the abhra (clouds) the Lord pronounced the river DevNadi as Sabhramati (modern day Sabarmati).

After returning from the bath in river Sabhramati, Lord accepted poojan once again. Lord Narayan then offered advice and guidance to all the devtas and people present. Narayan declared His and Nar’s desire to leave for Badrikashram where they would reside and perform tapp.

Narayan requested Dharmadev to return to Vishnupur; Lord Hari to join Lakshmiji in Vaikunth; Lord Krshna to go to Gaulok and the remaining devtas to their respective abodes (Vasudev to Svetdip etc.)

Accompanied by rishis such as Naradji, Lord NarNarayan then proceeded towards Badrikashram where, seated under a banyan tree, they would perform tappashcharya. After some time, due to the curse of Rishi Durvasa, the earth was destroyed once again (pralaya). Shree NarNarayan used this opportunity to return to Akshardham. After the passing of many manvantars, the earth was resurrected. This time a demon by the name of Sahasra-Kunchi or ‘Kunchi’ was extremely troublesome to the pious people. He was granted a boon that he would be near enough impossible to kill. His life was protected by 1000 shields (sahasra-kunchi). To destroy one shield would require the challenger to perform one thousand years of tapp and then enter into battle with Kunchi for a further thousand years. Under such circumstances, many feared Kunchi was immortal and undefeatable.

At the request of the bhaktas, Bhagwan decided to rid the world from the troubles of Kunchi. He decided to return to the earth as Nar Narayan once again. For this to happen, Dharmadev returned to earth with his wife Moorti to perform tappascharya. As before, the penance was severely austere.

Then, in Satyuga on the day of Fagan Sud Poonam (15) during the nakshatra of Uttara Falguni Lord Shree Nar Narayan was born.

They were born as batuk-brahmcharis, not as baby toddlers. The dual child form of Bhagwan was enchanting. The birth was rejoiced and celebrated by all of the many devtas. By the wish of Dharmadev, the devtas made a swing decorated with fragrant and colourful flowers. Lord NarNarayan sat on the swing whilst the devtas showered them with flowers. The birth was celebrated with splendour.

Lord Narayan then said "I have come to perform tapp on this earth in BharatKhand. Badrikashram is particularly dear to Me. I will now return there to continue with the tapp." And so Lord Nar and Narayan left for Badrikashram. This time their father Dharmadev and mother Moorti joined them in Badrikashram.

Whilst Nar performed tapp for 1000 years, Narayan would battle with Kunchi to destroy one of the shields. They would then alternate. This continued until Kunchi had only one shield left. He realised that his immortality was lost and so begged Surva Dev (the Sun) for protection. Surya Dev migrated Kunchi to Kunti’s womb, the mother of the Pandavas. Kunchi was born to Kunti as Karna who was abandoned at birth.

To complete the task that had been started, Lord NarNarayan too took re-birth. Narayan manifested as son of Vasudev-Devki Shree Krshna in Mathura whilst Nar was born to Kunti as Arjun. During the great war of Pandavs-Kauravs, Kunchi was killed by Nar avatar Arjun.

The birth place is now known as Narayan Ghaat, which is situated on the banks of River Sabarmati (formerly DevNadi) in the city of Ahmedabad.

On the auspicious day of Fuldolutsav (Uttara Falguni nakshatra in the month of Fagan) a swing decorated with flowers is made in which the Lord is placed and worshipped to commemorate the birth of Shree NarNarayan Dev – king of Bharatkhand.

To this day, Lord Nar Narayan continues to perform tappascharya in Badrikashram for the welfare of Bharat Khand. He was born as Swaminarayan after the curse of Dhurvasa in Badrik ashram. This was because of his own will. He had to clear many evils that took place in Bharat Khand. He was born to Dharmdev who was born as Hariprasad and Bhaktimata born as Premvati (Moortidevi).

It is stated in the Padma puran (one of the 18 purans of our religion as directed by god supreme):

II Datatrayam krutyuge,

tretayaam raghunandana,

dvapare vasudevaha,

kalou swami vrushatmaja II

This means that in satyug I (god) will be born as datatray, in tretayug as raam son of the raghu clan, in dwapar yug I will come as Krishna son of vasudev and in kaliyug I will come named Swami son of Dharm (Dharmadev).

It also states in Vishnu dharmottar:

II Pakhandbahuleloke swami namna hari swayam,

papank nimagnam tajuddhaaryishyati II

II Mahadharmanvye punye,

naamna paapvinashke,

hariprasad vivrasya,

swami namna hari svayam II

This means that in kaliyug where evil triumphs, I purna purushotam will arrive on the earth named hari. I will redeem many souls and increase their punya (good deeds). I named as Swami will be born to Hari (Hariprasad, orginal name of Dharmadev).

Guest guest

swaminarayan is not bogus. how dare you! shame on yourself. never mention any thing bad on any one! lord swaminarayan will punish you!

Guest guest

YOU KNOW SOMETHING. SWAMINARAYAN IS NOT BOGUS. BUT I CAN SAY THAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE BOGUS. AND ALSO YOU. YOU ARE NOT A PERSON WHO IS TRUSTED BY ANY ONE. IF SOME ONE SAYS THAT YOUR PARENTS ARE BOGUS. THEN WHAT WILL BE YOUR REACTION.

ALL SWAMINARAYAN FOLLOWERS REACT SAME WAY.

SO AGAIN NEVER TRY TO WRITE LIKE THIS. OTHERWISE GOD IN WHOM YOU BELIEVE WILL PUNISH YOU. BECAUSE SWAMINARAYAN FOLLOWERS NEVER SAYS BAD FOR ANY GOD. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT STUPID OR MINDLESS LIKE YOU

Guest guest

I used to get offended by people who were against my beliefs. I think we should try to educate that person rather than to become defensive. After all, everyone and everything is god. This is what Hinduism says regardless of what form of "God" one believes in. We must try to see god in everyone. There are lots of people (yes. in this kaliyug today) who experiences everything and everyone as a part of themselves. Anyways, lord Swaminarayan did declare he is a god hiself but he installed the murtis (idols) of Ratha krishna, Gopitath, Narnarayan Dev...at the 7 main Swaminaray temples built during his times.

Guest guest

Abhishek,

You really belevies in swaminarayan then you should follow amadavad gadi or vadatal gadi's acharay. not in pramukha swami. You can read shisapatri. God have created two gadi and he said that follow them.

Guest guest

I AM SORRY TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHO DO NOT LIKE BAPS. I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT. IT REALLY PAINS TO SEE YOU ALL WORRIED HOW WE ARE GROWING FAST. AND I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE MISSING THE DIVINITY IT OFFERS. OH! IF YOU DON'T LIKE PRAMUKH SWAMI THEN DON'T. NOBODY IS FORCING YOU. JUST KEEP TO YOUR OWN. I LOVE PRAMUKH SWAMI. THAT'S IT. WHETHER YOU LIKE HIM OR NOT.

Guest guest

Sure like him by all means.I like him too. But just remember the philosophy BAPS teaches is not what LOrd Swaminarayan taught. People who do not follow the Sikshapatri ans the Swaminarayan scriptures are called vimookhs by God Himself.

Reality doesnt lie in breakaway sanstha's like BAPS. Reality lays with what God set up and wanted. And what Bhagwan Swaminarayan calls a sampraday.

By the way Gunatitanand Swami isnt Akshardham incarnate... Gopalanand Swami is. As sadguru Nishkulanand Swami overheard God telling this to sadguru Gopalanand Swami in KAriyani Akshar Oradi, and noted it doen in the Niskulanand Kavya.

Guest guest

You don't understand what I have just said. Do you? If you know my philosophy is wrong just be happy. If your philosophy is right just be happy. You know your philosophy is bleak and you are not satisfied and are trying to bleak other's philosophy. Why do BAPS don't go around telling other's that their philosophy is .. Because they obey Maharaj to respect all sampradays and not to vilify them. If you are so firm about keeping the niams on shikshapatri, why can't you obey this? And you must know this: DON'T CRITICIZE WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

And this is what you don't know:What is Baps.

I would explain to you using vachanamrut, shikshapatri, miracles, experiences of people that come to one generalization that Pramukh Swami is Pragat Bhagwan. But why should I tell a fool, who only knows how to blacken. So keep up with your philosophy and may it serve you well and lead you to God realization and grant you dharma, bhakti, vairagya and jnan. My prayers to Bhagwan Swaminarayan that you don't go around with your avgurn of pointing your fingers to others. For you are disobeying the very shikshapatri that says don't vilify saints,...and don't criticize other's religion. May you obey this niam. Thank you and Jay Swaminarayan.

Guest guest

The philosophical position of Lord Swaminarayan may be described as Navya Vishishtadvaita, i.e. ‘Neo Qualified Non Dualism’. It holds that Jiva, Ishwar, Maya, Aksharbrahman and Parabrahman are the five fundamental realities distinct from one another.

Parabrahman or Purushottam

is the highest reality, the supreme Godhead, one and unique. He is, at once, superior to everything and immanent in everything. He is concrete reality with perfect personality. The Jiva, Ishwar, Maya and Aksharbrahman constitute the body of Parabrahman - and Parabrahman is their Soul.

Aksharbrahman (Akshardham or Brahman)

is superior to Jiva, Ishwar and Maya but subservient to Parabrahman. It is a buoyant, all-pervading and pure consciousness. It serves the supreme Lord in a two-fold manner : In its personal aspect it serves the Lord wherever He incarnates Himself. He is the ideal devotee and the most appropriate medium for the aspirant striving to reach the supreme Lord. On the other hand, in its impersonal aspect, it serves the Lord by being His divine abode which is formless, infinite and all-pervading and in which infinite muktas (liberated souls) serve the Lord. It is also the basis of all that is subservient to it.

Maya or Prakriti

is an inert primordial substance from which the universe comes into existence. It is constituted of three gunas (modes) and causes confusion and delusion in the Self.

Ishwar

is a cosmic self, a conscious spiritual being conditioned by the adjuncts of Maha (higher) Maya. There are innumerable Ishwars and each is assigned the duty of taking care of a universe, or at least a department of it.

Jiva or soul

is the finite individual Self - a conscious spirit, knower, enjoyer and doer of things. It is conditioned by the adjuncts of Maya. It pervades the whole body and yet its power of knowing and willing ultimately depends upon God and is governed by God. Salvation consists in the realization of Ekantik Dharma comprising dharma (righteousness), jnana (knowledge), vairagya (detachment) and bhakti (devotion unto God). This is the goal to be pursued under the guidance of a saint who is in constant rapport with God, the manifest form of Aksharbrahman. This is the highest state one can realize now, in an embodied state of this worldly existence.

Sadhana

Satsang is the only means for ultimate redemption or absolute Brahmanization. Lord Swaminarayan says, "The eternal truth Sat is Atma and Sat is Paramatma. The contact of Atma with Paramatma is Satsang." The Fellowship established by Lord Swaminarayan is also called Satsang. Mortification of all physical desires and service at the lotus feet of the guru who is the manifest form of Aksharbrahman are the sadhanas prescribed by Lord Swaminarayan.

Sadhana

Satsang is the only means for ultimate redemption or absolute Brahmanization. Lord Swaminarayan says, "The eternal truth Sat is Atma and Sat is Paramatma. The contact of Atma with Paramatma is Satsang." The Fellowship established by Lord Swaminarayan is also called Satsang. Mortification of all physical desires and service at the lotus feet of the guru who is the manifest form of Aksharbrahman are the sadhanas prescribed by Lord Swaminarayan.

The attachment towards such a guru should be deep. He should be worshipped on par with God. When a seeker approaches him he explains the cardinal truth that ‘Thou art Atma, the eternal truth and the knower whereas thy body, mind, indriya and prana are all perishable.’ This preliminary knowledge distinguishing the Atma and body as separate is essential for setting apart Sat from Asat or Chit from Achit. It is the first step in the divine ladder to become one with the guru of Brahman.

The seeker should serve such a guru through thought, word, and deed. He should constantly meditate upon his form because it is only through the bondage of divine love with Brahman, that association with Parabrahman becomes possible. This is called jnanyajna. One who successfully performs it ultimately attains Brahmic consciousness and becomes the instrument for the revelation of God. He becomes fully established in dharma (righteousness), jnana (knowledge), vairagya (detachment from material pleasures) and bhakti (devotion unto God). He becomes a jivanmukta (liberated in this very embodied state) realizing the infinite greatness and powers of Parabrahman. And such a bhrahmasvarup saint is Pramukh Swami Maharaj.

Guest guest

Gunatitanand Swami

Glory of Bhakt Mulji as Described by Maharaj in Bhadra:

Thereafter, Shriji Maharaj, who was moving about, arrived at Bhadra for the first time in the Samvat year 1859, on his way back from Kutch, Maharaj encamped on the bank of the river Und. The devotees of the village came to have His darshan. Bhakta Mulji also came along with his father and began to prostrate himself before Maharaj. When Maharaj put His two lotus feet on his head, Bholanath said, "Maharaj, he is a new satsangi." Maharaj then said, "He is a satsangi from time immemorial. He is the very incarnation of Akshar Dham." Bholanath added, "Maharaj, keep Mulji in Your service, he always remembers You." Maharaj then again explained to him, "He is constantly in My service, but you can't see that. He is My disciple since times immemorial, and he has imbibed My image in all his three stages, including the stage during which he was in his mother's womb. He is Anadi Mool Akshar."

Maharaj celebrated Diwali festival here and Bholanath went to the Dham."

The next time Maharaj arrived at Alaiya, all the devotees of Bhadra went to Alaiya and requested Maharaj to come to Bhadra. So Maharaj arrived at Bhadra in the month of Aso in the Samvat year 1863. This time he put up at Vashram Suthar's place.

Each and every devotee of Bhadra insisted that Maharaj should dine at his place. So Maharaj dined at everyone's place turn by turn. In the afternoon. Maharaj would go to the river Und for a bath and take with him Vashrambhai, Dosabhai, Rajobhai, Ramobhai, Ratnabhai, Muljibhai and Sundarjibhai. There was a huge banyan tree nearby from where he dived in the river, played water sports, made people meditate on the river bank and in this way indulged in many exploits. Once he even spread a chalakha (a square piece of khadi cloth) on the surface of the river water, sat on it, made other devotees Mulji and Lalji Suthar sit on it, and steered that piece of cloth like a ship with the help of his spiritual yoga strength. Such were His divine exploits before the devotees of Bhadra.

Here Maharaj kept Bhakta Mulji constantly in His company and granted him divine bliss. Once Maharaj was on his way to the place of Deva Kanabi, on a dinner appointment. Mulji's house was on that way. Maharaj arrived there with a group of devotees. At that time Mulji was taking milo and curd. Maharaj enquired about his well-being and proceeded further. On the way, Maharaj described the glory of Bhakta Mulji and said, "This Mulji who lives in a small hut at present and eats milo, will one day live in palaces, will become the controller of thousands of devotees and will become a great tyagi. His glory will spread in the land and overseas, His idol will be installed in the temple along with My idol and millions of devotees will worship him." In this way when Maharaj was busy describing the glory of Bhakta Mulji, all of them arrived at Deva Kanabi's house. The thoughts of Maharaj were preoccupied with Mulji and so naturally he asked, "Have we arrived at Mulji's place ?" Everybody then replied, "No Maharaj, this is the house of Deva Kanabi and we are supposed to dine here." Hearing these words, Maharaj beamed a smile.

After some time the day of Sharad Poornima arrived Maharaj announced it as the birthday of Bhakta Mulji, His Abode Incarnate and celebrated this 'Akshar Janmotsava' for the first time at Bhadra in His own presence by distributing the mahaprasad of milk and paumva (parched and flattened rice). In this way Maharaj devised such occasions to make others realise the glory of Bhakta Mulji. One day it was Bhakta Mulji's turn to host the dinner. Along with other devotees like Vashrambhai, Dosabhai, Ratnabhai, etc., Maharaj arrived very early at Bhakta Mulji's place. Mulji had gone to the farm for some work and Sakarba was busy cooking. Sakarba offered a seat to Maharaj. Maharaj sat on the seat and asked Sakarba, "Does Mulji ever remember us ?Maharaj ! He constantly remembers You every minute of the day. He does not forget You even when he is busy working. I feel that Mulji does not love anybody more than You in this world."

"We also constantly remember him," said Maharaj with a smile. Sakarba felt encouraged at this response and recalled the past, "Even when he was a mere boy he used to tell us about Your various exploits such as Your thread ceremony, Your entry into the forest, Your arrival at the village Loj, etc., and used to assure us that You would certainly come here one day " On hearing this Maharaj smiled and said, "Mulji is so great that he upholds the infinite Brahmands. He is above the Prakriti and the Purush. He is the incarnation of Sacchidanand. He is omnipresent and he is the cause and base of everything. We carry out all our actions through him and cannot live without him even for a moment. It is through relation with him that all the Jivas, Ishvaras and avatars obtain final salvation by becoming pure Chaitanya Brahman..."

On hearing the divine utterances of Maharaj, Sakarba and the others were fascinated. They felt elated. Maharaj continued:

"You are all emancipated through your relations with him. Your son is full of many redemptive virtues but at the same time he is above 'gunas'. He is omnipresent and yet, he constantly enjoys proximity with us and remains in our service. Mulji himself is Brahman, the infinite glory of whom is described in the scriptures. Nobody else has been fortunate like you, for you had the darshan of Brahman and Para-Brahman simultaneously... You will realise Our true glory only when you've realised the glory of Bhakta Mulji who is the personified form of Akshar..."

Everyone present became absorbed in divine delight. Calm pervaded everywhere. Everyone was gratified to know the real identity of Bhakta Mulji as the gate of salvation. Meanwhile, Mulji Bhakta also arrived there. Till now people had only witnessed his divine exploits; today they had an opportunity to know his real identity from the very lips of Maharaj Himself. Maharaj then proceeded for dinner. Maharaj insisted that Mulji Bhakta should also dine with them. Thereafter, Maharaj left and went to His rest house. In this way, during His one month stay at Bhadra, Maharaj granted divine happiness to everyone and made them realise the true glory of Bhakta Mulji. After this Sakarba departed from this world and went to Dham.

Guest guest

My Akshardham:(thus spoke Lord Swaminarayan)

Kuraji Dave of Pipalana was present in this assembly. Maharaj addressed him, and said, "When Ramanand Swami had arrived at Pipalana from Bhuj, you had come to Loj to convey his message to Muktanand Swami.

"At that time, as a reward for the good news you had brought, Muktanand Swami had given you a kerchief. Then I had told you, "Right now I don't have anything to give you, but go, I shall give you in gift My Akshardham. Do you remember this? Kuraji replied, "Yes, Maharaj." He was overwhelmed and felt that Maharaj would give him something. Maharaj then began to laugh and said, "Take it. This Gunatitanand Swami, who is My Akshardham, is gifted to you. I have not been able to grant My adequate happiness to satsangis of Sorath region and therefore, I dedicate this Sadhu to you. He is My Akshardham and he is My everything. So your work will be done if you'll serve him properly and remain in his company."

Thereafter, Maharaj looked at Swami and gave him blessings, "Whoever comes to Junagadh and renders his service to you according to your needs, we'll relieve him of his lapses of hundreds and thousands of births in this very birth only." In this way Maharaj gave the Mahantship of Junagadh to Swami on the Chaitri Poonam day in the Samvat Year 1883, expressed His infinite happiness and blessed him.

The work of Junagadh temple was on the verge of completion. Nagars had tried to hurl many obstacles but by the grace of Maharaj the work of the temple was well completed. On third day of Vaishakh Vad in the S. Y. 1884 the idols of Radha-Raman Dev were installed ceremoniously. Thereafter, Maharaj instructed all the devotees and said, "I will relieve any person of his lapses of his innumerable births within one birth only, if he comes here to remain in the company of Swami for one month every year." Then he advised Gopalanand Swami, "You should come here every year and remain here for one month. In case you are not able to come here during one year, come the next year and stay for two months According to this order, Gopalanand Swami, Atmanand Swami (senior) and Nityanand Swami came to Junagadh every year to stay in the company of Swami.

On this occasion the Nawab of Junagadh came to Maharaj for the darshan and requested Him, "When the documents of the temple-land were being prepared You had promised that You would stay here, so please stay here forever." Then Maharaj asked him, "Should I stay Myself or anyone like Me should stay ?"

The Nawab folded his hands and replied, 'Only God is like God Himself." Then Maharaj looked at Swami and told the Nawab, "This sadhu is like Me. He is capable enough to do things which I can do. I will keep him here as the Mahant." The Nawab was pleased and said, "Then it is alright."

On the occasion of samaiya of Janmashtami in the year 1885, Swami came to Gadhada. Maharaj was putting up in the Akshar Ordi. Swami came there and prostrated himself before Maharaj. Shuk Muni was sitting near Maharaj and was writing a letter. When Swami came in, he got up to find something. So Maharaj asked him the reason for his getting up. He replied that he was trying to find an asana for the Mahant of Junagadh. On hearing this, Maharaj laughed and said, "His greatness does not lie either in the Mahantship or in the asana; he is great since eternity." Shuk Muni was awed to hear about the greatness of Swami from the very lips of Maharaj

Guest guest

" I Dwell in you Eternally":

Even at the time of the end of His life, Maharaj showed everybody how He was in union with this supreme saint who was His Dham. During His illness, Maharaj kept Brahmanand Swami by Himself and granted him divine bliss. When he decided to go to Dham He instructed Brahmanand Swami to go to Junagadh and send Gunatitanand Swami from there. Maharaj did so because He had promised Swami that He would certainly send for him before leaving for Dham. Brahmanand Swami found it very difficult to part from Maharaj under such distressing conditions but he had to obey the orders and go.

When Brahmanand Swami reached Junagadh, Swami was already awaiting orders from Maharaj. On getting the message, he immediately left for Gadhada. Nobody was allowed to go near Maharaj as He was seriously ill. But Maharaj had instructed Sura Khachar to allow Swami to come to Him. When Swami arrived he was soon taken to Maharaj. While having the darshan of Maharaj, tears rolled from Swami's eyes. He prostrated himself and then sat on the floor near Maharaj's cot. Maharaj and Swami looked into each other's eyes. Maharaj addressed Swami and said :

"Mitha Vhala Kem visaru, Maru Tamathi Bandhel Tan Ho,

Tarasyane Jem Panidu Vahalu, Bhukhyane Bhojan Ho

........Mitha Vhala..."

"O, my dear sweet, how can I forget you ? I am bound by you, I pine for you just as a thirsty man yearns for water and a hungry man for food ... 0 ..."

Swami also responded in similar tunes. Thereafter, Maharaj enquired about Junagad. Maharaj had resolved to go to Dham. But before that He called Gopalanand Swami and recommended to him, "We have appointed you as a senior of both the regions. But please pay special attention to our Akshardham Gunatitanand Swami, and Raghuvirji who are intensely attached to Me." He recommended to Swami also, "I am not going to be in this world any longer. But you should spread My full glory and grant divine bliss to all our satsangis."

Thus, on the tenth day of Jeth Sud in the Samvat Year 1886, Maharaj departed to Dham independently with the help of His Yoga strength. There was mourning all around. Gopalanand Swami and Gunatitanand Swami consoled everyone. The funeral rites of Maharaj were performed at Laxmiwadi. Thereafter, Swami went to answer a call of nature and on returning, he saw green grass swaying around the brooklet. Seeing this Swami thought, "Oh! Water is the life of this grass. How green it is ! Similarly, Maharaj was our life. He is gone!" While these thoughts were running through his mind, Swami became unconscious and fell down. Suddenly, Maharaj emerged there in a divine form and brought Swami back to consciousness, and said, "Swami! I have not gone away! I dwell in you eternally." Having said this Maharaj disappeared. Swami, who was feeling unhappy by the departure of Maharaj, felt overwhelmed after the darshan of Maharaj and engaged himself in spreading the Ekantik Dharma according to the orders of Maharaj.