IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Video games

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just curious, is playing video games against Krishna Consciousness Philosophy?

What if the games are a bit violent.

Someone should make a Krishna video game. You could really make something amazing if you knew how to do it. I know I'll probably get flack for it because technically video games are probably a form of material sense gratification but if you could relate it to Krishna wouldn't it spiritualize it?

Guest guest

The games I was talking about are "Age of Empires" , "Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast"

stuff like that..

how do you spiritualize that stuff?

Keep playing the video games. Don't worry about it. If the worse you do is play video games, then you are a very fine individual. Work on the big ticket items first, and then whittle down to the smaller, more innocuous ones.

I have played Jedi Knight II. I learned more from the game Civilization than I ever learned in 16 years of schooling. I am not going to advocate video games because I don't think Srila Prabhupada would have probably been in favor of them but being the hypocrite that I am I do play them. Since I have been chanting Hare Krishna I have found my enjoyment of video games has gone down some but I do have my days when I still love them. In fact I'll be straight up honest with you, I find the X-Box to be a masterful piece of technology and truly a work of art.

The end results of video games is (talking from experince of playing 4-5 hours a day for couple of years)

1. waste of time

2. you will waste your eye sight (material eyesight) will be looking through world via THICK glasses even though you had good eyesight

3. grow up - last advise

BTW i'm not giving advises to someone else - promary to myself as well.

reg. spiritual games.....

I would think about it.... say 1000 names of visnu game - you have to remember 1000s names and its meaning.... something ilke that would be nice. as educational but playing with bows and arrors (or guns) splitting blood everywhere - if you really like it Krishna will arrange it (in next life you will be with Kalki Avatar and will see lots of blood and strategy) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My dear spirit souls,

I think a Krsna Conscious video game would be great. Just imagine a game about the Mahabharat like a fighting game similar to the Lord of the Rings game. With the computer technology available today I think it would be amazing to play the character of Arjuna battling against Karna, magic arrows and all!

Your servant,

Narayani

Actually, I was thinking the same thing.

Mahabratha Epic is one of the longest and most beautiful one the world have ever seen? If they make it into a movie like LORT, think of the impact it will have. I bet it will be more than that Jesus movie. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Maybe India should think about hiring Peter Jackson to do it. After all, India has resources and expertise in computer field to generate 3D characters required and Jackson has directing ability.

Guest guest

like to know more information about this game because ilike all GODS especially LORD KRISHNA .so i would like to know

about this game and play.so i request you to allow me(kesava)to play this game.

thanking you