IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

is hinduism the TRUTH?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dear gtest,

thank you for giving 8 questions to the christisn 'saved' one. this is the kind of debate we want to do with them.

then they will learn something (i.e. never bother ot think of converting the vedic people.)

jai sri prabhupada!

Guest guest

where is he who ridiculed and questioned. I dont find any response from him.

shyam

Anyway, i am a hindu, and why would i reply the first post if I wrote it??

However, even if that guy is trying to ridicule, why do we have to drop to such a level where we have to be mean to him.

It is easy to be mean, and it is very hard to be compassionate to the most tamasic of people.

Oh yeah, but i am the guest who posted, "Is it ok to see krishna in everything... even in inappropriate ones?"

Guest guest

Some Christians, to be not mayavadis, accepted Jesus as God.

But this understanding has no spiritual background.

Most people in this world accept the shelter of Mäyäväda philosophy

(the body of the Lord is made of material elements, because the Lord must be formless and as such impersonal)

and follow that inauspicious path which is devoid of bhakti.

Consequently, if there were no separate sampradAya for

those who practice Suddha-bhakti that is untainted by the faults of

Mäyäväda, it would be very difficult to attain genuine .-saNga.

Therefore, it is stated in the Padma PurANa,

sampradAya-vihinA ye mantrAs te viphalA matäH

Sri brahma rudra-sanakA vaiSNavah kSiti-pAvanAH

Vaishnava acaryas (spiritual teachers) in the four sampradäyas (disciplic schools)—namely

Rämänujäcärya in the Sri-sampradäya,

Madhväcärya in the Brahma-sampradäya,

Vsnuusvämi in the Rudra-sampradäya,

Nimbäditya in the CatuHsana-sampradäya—purify the

whole universe.

DiksA mantras not received from the AcAryas

in one of these four sampradäyas will be fruitless.

Guest guest

Of these four, the Brahma-sampradAya is the most ancient and

has continued through the disciplic succession until the present

day. These sampradAyas adhere to the system of guru-paramparA (disciplic succession) and

they have brought the Vedänta and other supremely auspicious

literatures unchanged from the most ancient times, and by the potency

of the system of paramparA, there is not the slightest chance

that they have made any change or eliminated any portion. There

is, therefore, no reason to doubt the literature that the sampradäya

has authorized. Sampradäya is an effective and indispensible arrangement,

and for this reason, the .-sampradAya system is continuing

amongst saints and sädhus from the most ancient times.

Only the names of the most prominent äcäryas who have

appeared from time to time are mentioned.

para-vyomeçvarasyäséc chiñyo brahmä jagat-patiù

tasya çiñyo närado ‘bhüd vyäsas tasyäpa çiñyatäm

BrahmA, the master of the universe, is the disciple of

ParameSvara Sri NäräyaNa, and Näradaji became the disciple

of Brahmä. Vyäsadeva became the disciple of Näradajé.

çuko vyäsasya çisyatvaà präpto jïänävarodhanät

vyäsäl labdho kåñëa-dékño madhväcäryo mahäyaçaù

Sri Sukadevaji became the disciple of Sri Vyäsadeva in

order to check the spread of impersonal jïäna. The celebrated

Madhväcärya also received krishna-diksä from Sri

Vyäsadeva, Narahari became the twice-born shisya of

Madhväcärya.

tasya çiñyo naraharis tac-chiñyo mädhavo dvijaù

akñobhyas tasya çiñyo ‘bhüt tac-chiñyo jayatérthakaù

Mädhva-dvija became the disciple of Narahari. AkSobhya

was Mädhva-dvija’s disciple and accepted Jayatirtha as his

disciple.

tasya çiñyo jïänasindhus tasya çiñyo mahänidhiù

vidyänidhis tasya çiñyo räjendras tasya sevakaù

Jïänasindhu became the disciple of Jayatirtha, Mahänidhi

became Jïänasindhu’s disciple and accepted Vidyänidhi as

his disciple, and Rajendra became the disciple of Vidyänidhi.

Guest guest

is different.

are kshatriyas out cast here?

jai sri prabhupada!

aw come on already...

Kshatriya are supposed to be military people and people who protect others or the government agencies...

Well, I am sorry to say but, If you want to be a kshatriya... go into the army and protect your country from various types of "muslim invasions" that you despise.

Or try to be compassionate like a brahmin, live a good life and gain wisdom and bhakthi and finally go back to my krishna.

I say this not to offend you, but I have read that hinduism , which is supposedly my religion does not teach intolerance and rudeness toward other religions , but teaches compassion and understanding.. thank you!

case closed

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

<<go into the army and protect your country from various types of "muslim invasions" that you despise.>>

so this says you consider india not your country.

assuming you are a hare krishna,

you love krishna follow viashnavism that is a branch of hinduism, go to pilgrimage to india, but do not care for india.

when kshatriyas worry about your freedom to worship krishna,

you tell them to get away and join army.

need to remember that the time now is dirrerent when no gov. can protect every one from terrorists, it is the duty of each person to adopt to kshatriya dharma.

jai sri prabhupada!

But, what ever happens now, happens due to the very will of krishna...

And i am sure that he will protect the people even if they don't surrender to him.

look at buddhism... Even though muslims and other atheists like from china tried to kill the religion all together... what is happening now?- the same religion that was almost extinct is now spreading fast into the western hemisphere and western countries.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't know where this discussion is going so i will stop now... you are right in your own way and i am right in mine.

Guest guest

I have accidentally stumbled across this website in search for the meaning of a hindi word. But was then drawn into reading all your thoughts and arguments. Basically, thanks. Really interesting hearing peoples views on religion.

Guest guest

Indra, Agni, Varuna - the wise ones call

the One True Being by many names.

Rigveda, the world's oldest book(4,000 BCE)

Guest guest

You want to be careful what you tell 'scholar'. If what you say does not go with his views, he switches to sarcastic mode. You can expect questions like "Who is this scholar, sir? Max Mueller?"

The 4000 BC claim is simply not true as there is no archaeological or philological evidence to support such dates. One has to be astonishingly credulous -- not to mention ignorant -- to accept this date for the Rig Veda.

Cheers

Guest guest

Professor Dinesh Agrawal of Penn State University

reviewed the evidence from a variety of sources

and estimated the dates as follows:

• Rig Vedic Age - 7000-4000 BC

• End of Rig Vedic Age - 3750 BC

• End of Ramayana-Mahabharat Period - 3000 BC

• Development of Saraswati-Indus Civilization - 3000-2200 BC

• Decline of Indus and Saraswati Civilization - 2200-1900 BC

• Period of chaos and migration - 2000-1500 BC

• Period of evolution of syncretic Hindu culture - 1400-250 BC

http://sanskrit.safire.com/pdf/ORIGINS.PDF

Guest guest

The quote was presented to show that Hindus

worship the One True Being, Brahman, through

their Ishta Devatas.

I put the date of the Rigveda in expecting to

see some uninformed Hindus come out and reject

it.

Guest guest

Good for Dinesh Agarwal & team. The more the theories, the better. The outcome is either the mainstream position gets reaffirmed or else is seriously undermined by some strong evidence, which if not now, will subsequently prove the mainstream position wrong causing to rewrite history. This is how a scientific/logical approach works. The earth was flat until it was proven round (The process was not smooth). Perhaps a hundred years from now, conclusive evidence will be found to show that the Rig-veda is 50,000 years old.

However, any new theory has to be critically examined by competent people before it can prove it's mettle. 90% of new theories bite the dust under critical examination due to lack of proper research and incorrect analysis. The same applies in this case. These theories will be examined and if they are found to contain some material of value, they will have due impact. If not, they will find their way to the trash can. But the important point is, until & unless the former happens, the mainstream position will remain unchanged. In other words, the Rig-veda is not 6000 years old as of today. Neither is the Great Pyramid 12500 years old, although there are many people out there who would love to -- for personal reasons - see such dates come true. For instance, Bal Gangadhar Tilak may have proposed the North pole as the origin of the Rig-veda, but the claim is worth exactly nothing without substantial evidence to back it up.

For now, Dinesh Agarwal, Rajaram, Talageri, Frawley & supporters have to wait with anticipation...

Cheers

Guest guest

Sir, you have been living under a rock.

Please crawl out. Acquire some new

knowledge on the subject. Please do not

pop off on subjects unfamiliar to you

or which you find difficult to understand.

I expected that some termites will come out of

the woodwork and deny the great antiquity

of our civilization. Thank you Sir for

proving me right.

Guest guest

In response to this post:

===============

1) One of the 10 Commandments is: Thou shalt not kill. Can you please explain why Christians have taken that to mean non-killing of just humans?

2) The Christian church actually believed in reincarnation up till 553 AD, and then abolished it. Speaks volumes for the integrity of the church.

3) The Christian church has a pitiful human rights record. It is all the more ironic that church leaders like the Pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury denounce war, but their churches have committed some of the worst atrocities in history. It is sad that most indigenous religions have been annihilated by Christians e.g. Mexican, African, Aboriginal. This is continuing today with the destruction of Hindu society in India and Nepal. When will Christians get the message - LEAVE US ALONE.

=========

1) The "Thou shalt not kill" is a metaphor. It is a flourishing way of saying "thou shalt not MURDER". After the Flood, when food was scarce, God gave people the right to eat meat. Actually, before then all people were vegetarians.

2) The true Church NEVER believed in reincarnation. That is a concept from the gnostics, who were a religious sect that copied from both hinduism and Christianity to create a curious monstrosity of hybrid religion. The early Church appears to have had a problem with the gnostics invading their ranks, and Paul calls people like them "antichrists", meaning contrary to everything Christ (and Christians should) stood for. The information you have is incomplete.

3) every other religion has had horrific records, too. Hindus, if i recall from "Around the World in 80 Days", burned widows alive. Hindus also had the caste system, where millions have suffered and perished under a ruling elite.

Consider the following story, one which i recently discovered:

===========

Suppose you drank a terrible poison that twisted your insides and nearly killed you. However, fortunately you were able to pull through and survive. Then, one day, you see another person preparing to drink that very same kind of poison. Would you:

a) ignore them. It's their choice;

b) warn them and just walk away; or,

c) do everything in your power to stop them?

To Christians, Hell is like this poison, a very real place, and a most terrible place to end up. Many Christians were so zealous to save others from this horrific end that they ended up forcing conversions. What these Christians did not realize was that such a conversion was useless; the Bible says "ask, seek, knock"--and yet forced converters do not ask, seek, or knock. These Christians that did this committed a grevious error.

Finally, you must remember that Christians are only PEOPLE. People, even according to the Christian religion, are fallible, corruptable, and often make terrible errors. Indeed, this is the reason Christ even came! To save us from our faults.

But this does not mean that these faults suddenly do not exist in THIS life. We still are under the power of sin. What Christ means is that we do not need to fear death--and Hell.

It is people, fallible people, who committed these atrocities. NOT Christ. NOT the Bible. People. In order to look at how peaceful a religion is, you have to look at its original adherents and its religious texts, not at the actions of people living generations later who got it wrong. There is a big difference between people getting a good religion wrong and the original principle of the religion. After all--hindus have committed atrocities. Yet in order to look at what hinduism truly stands for, you have to look at the original principles.

I hope this cleared things up.