IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Raguraman

Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam

Rate this topic

Vishnu nama japa is very good but as u see the source of vishnu is krishna.People mistake it the other way round.

So the hare krishna maha mantra is good enough to chant in the kali yuga.

hare nama hare name hare name kevalam

kalau nast eve nast nast eva gathir anyatha

in this age of kali only the name of hari can liberate us.

And it easier to chant the hare krishna mantra and easy to distribute.

My mother still chants the vishnu sahasranama.But it is difficult to tell her the hare krishna mantra is enough.

Until recently she chants vishnu sahasranama in front of an image of krishna.Old habits die hard. : )

But when i tell her if she accepts krishna then why chant vishnu sahasranama ...well her reply was she never saw any difference between vishnu or krishna.There are all the same for her.Simple devotion of an indian women.

Sanatana Goswami Sri Brihat Bhagavatamritam (Vaikunta nama) Gaudiya math publication

These devotees of respective incarnations of Lord Narayana get the full liberty to serve to their full contentment the manifestation of their choice;. These different manifestations of Bhagavan Sri Narayana are essentially one and the same vaibhava aspects of the one Divinity. They are one and the same though morphologically they maintain their eternal separate existence;..

In the spiritual vision of a devotee different aspects of Sri Krsna may appear; different sportive lands amy appear. The same Lord of Vaikunta, the land of transcendence eternally remains in the different manifestations at different holy places such as Bhadridham, Sriksetra dham to the sole blissful pleasure of his single minded devotee

Hare Krishna,

But when i tell her if she accepts krishna then why chant vishnu sahasranama ...well her reply was she never saw any difference between vishnu or krishna.There are all the same for her.Simple devotion of an indian women.

Actually your mother is RIGHT.

There is no difference between Lord Visnu or Lord Krishna, All the names of Lord Visnu are equally effective.

I do not know from where you got this idea that Lord Krishna is greater than Lord Visnu or vice-versa.

Infact such a thought is blasphemous. It either means that Lord Visnu and Lord Krishna are different entities or that Lord Krishna divides his SVARUPA into different entities.

Either way such ideas are blasphemous to Lord Krishna.

Lord Krishna's form is GOD's SVARUPA= original form.That does not mean Lord's guna avatars as Maha Visnu etc. are different. It is the same Lord assuming different forms.

I would advise you to go through DVAITA VEDANTA philosophy of MADHVACHARYA. ATleast go through the basic beliefs in DVAITA VEDANTA. Then read through Gaudiya acharyas' works. This is the way I went through. Then you will not be as confused as you are now.

Dear Raguraman,

As u say that visnu is a guna avatar and they are different planetory expansions.But from what little i know krishna is excepted as the original form of the lord.

Just like if a man is a policeman,can be a husband and also a father.Each role he may dress and act differently accordingly.But ultimatly he is one person originally.Similarly krishna is the original form and all other narayana expansions are from this krishna .

If anybody say all narayana and krishna is equal it is wrong.Krishna is a purna avatar.The complete original form of god.And it is the mercy of krishna that he manifests as different forms of narayana.

There is no blasphemy is saying so but it is ignorance of individual souls to believe that krishna is just another avatar.

I do not know much about madhwa dwaita philosophy but if u go to the raghavendra temple in madras which comes in madhwa tradition you will find that above samadhi is hanuman (bhakta) and above that bala krishna.

Symbolizing the importance of krishna and we can seek the mercy of krishna through a bhakta like hanuman.

I think i am clear in my approach . Please read Bhagavat gita as it is and Shrimad bhagavatam by Bhaktivedanta Praphupada who comes in the Bramha sampradaya and you will find the krishna is source of all expansions.

Hare Krishna,

Well, let me ask you one question.

Are Lord Krishna and Lord Narayana same entities. Do they have same SVARUPA, like each of us have a svarupa of our own?

If you say no, then Lord Visnu or Narayana are different from Lord Krishna according to SVARUPA. This is truly a blasphemous idea.

According to what I know Srila Prabhpada did not say such things.

If your answer is yes then there is no difference between different forms of GOD as it is the same GOD assuming different roles and forms.

Hare Krishna,

I would suggest reading Brahma Samhita fully with the purport. They clearly say, according to my knowledge, that Visnu is not different from Krishna. They are all the same entitiy. This SVARUPA of GOD is immutable. They do not disintegrate and become different things. They remain the same identical entity always.

Anything that disintegrates does not exist anymore as cause and exists only as effect or series of effects. That is it has changed and so is not eternal.

Eventhough Brahma samhita or for the matter Panchratra texts say that Vasudeva becomes different things it simply means that LORD takes different manifestations. According to SVARUPA they are all IDENTICAL.

http://www.iskcon.org/sastra/f_bs.html

Part 1

TEXT 10

saktiman purusah so 'yam

linga-rupi mahesvarah

tasminn avirabhul linge

maha-visnur jagat-patih

WORD FOR WORD

saktiman--joined to his female consort; purusah--person; sah--he; ayam--this; linga-rupi--in the form of the male generating organ; maha-isvarah--Sambhu, the lord of this mundane world; tasmin--in that; avirabhut--manifested; linge-- in the manifested emblem; maha-visnuh--Maha-Visnu; jagat-patih--the Lord of the world.

TRANSLATION

The person embodying the material causal principle, viz., the great lord of this mundane world [Mahesvaral Sambhu, in the form of the male generating organ, is joined to his female consort the limited energy [Maya] as the efficient causal principle. The Lord of the world Maha-Visnu is manifest in him by His subjective portion in the form of His glance.

PURPORT

In the transcendental atmosphere (para-vyoma), where spiritual majesty preponderates, there is present Sri Narayana who is not different from Krsna. Maha-Sankarsana, subjective plenary facsimile of the extended personality of Sri Narayana, is also the divine plenary portion of the propagatory embodiment of Sri Krsna. By the power of His spiritual energy a plenary subjective portion of Him, eternally reposing in the neutral stream of Viraja forming the boundary between the spiritual and mundane realms, casts His glance, at creation, unto the limited shadow potency, Maya, who is located far away from Himself. Thereupon Sambhu, lord of pradhana embodying the substantive principles of all material entities, who is the same as Rudra, the dim reflection of the Supreme Lord's own divine glance, consummates his intercourse with Maya, the efficient mundane causal principle. But he can do nothing independently of the energy of Maha-Visnu representing the direct spiritual power of Krsna. Therefore, the principle of mahat, or the perverted cognitive faculty, is produced only when the subjective plenary portion of Krsna, viz., the prime divine avatara Maha-Visnu who is the subjective portion of Sankarsana, Himself the subjective portion of Krsna, is propitious towards the active mutual endeavors of Maya, Siva's consort (sakti), and pradhana or the principle of substantive mundane causality. Agreeably to the initiative of Maha-Visnu the consort of Siva creates successively the mundane ego (ahankara), the five mundane elements (bhutas) viz., space etc., their attributes (tan-matros) and the limited senses of the conditioned soul (jiva). The constituent particles, in the form of pencils of

Guest guest

All forms of the Lord, such as Matsya, Kurma, Krsna are Original form and are identical in all respects. There cannot be any difference or gradation among the forms of the Lord.

Gaudiya concept “krsna tu bhagavan svayam” is fundamentally flawed and worst form of mayavada blasphemy. This is a major sin (nava-vidha dveshha -- the nine forms of hatred of the Supreme Being, i.e denying His unique greatness and freedom from all defects and limitations) and will lead one to eternal hell and not to Goloka Vrndavan.

(This is Madhavacarya’s word, listed number 5 in Gaudiya claimed disciplic succession).

Krsna who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes.

Okay i get the point u are arguing that krishna and vishnu are not different.There is no comparison there are the same.

Okay but as u know the first verse of the Bhahma Samhita says krishna is the ORIGIN OF ALL.Prime cause of all causes.

I think the gaudiya sampradaya is perfect is saying that krishna is the source of all expansions.

But if u still feel attracted to the narayana form it is not wrong at all.There are devotees in ISKCON who feel more attracted to narasimha avatar than krishna and they are not forbidden to pray to narasimha.If u feel attracted to narayana form nothing is wrong.

What is important is to have devotion.No one will go to hell if he is more devoted to krishna and less to narayana.No matter which fountain u drink water from it will quench your thirst.

Hare Krishna,

Om purnamadah purnamidam purnat purnamudacyate |

purnasya purnamadaya purnamevavasisyate |

Om santih santih santih |

That is complete, this too is complete; A complete thing has evolved out of the other complete thing; and yet Even taking a complete thing out of the complete, what remains is also complete.

This is in reference to various avatars of Lord like Matsya etc.

This SRUTHI says that every avatar of LORD that comes out of his MULARUPA is as complete as the MULARUPA or SVARUPA.

Guest guest

Understood that Krishna is the supreme personality of godhead.

It is said that Krishna was Purna avtaar of Vishnu with 16 kalas.No other incarnations even Rama had 16 kalas.He only had 12 kalas.Then why is this difference in Kalas.

Guest guest

Srinivas

As you know the origin of vishnu sahasranama, bhisma gave it when we was on the arrow bed before he died , for the world to prosper. if your point was right in saying krishna is different than vishnu, i think bhishma would have called it as "Krishna sahasranama" instead of Vishu sahasranama. He know vishnu and krishna are the same. I hope we are not as self realised as bhisma to find fault with him.

Further on your comment on Raghavendra swami brindavan( its not a temple its brindavan, temples are for gods only.)Madhvacharya on whose lineage sri raghavendra comes says" Hari sarvothama, vayu jivothama" not krishna , as he know all are the same.