IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hindu/muslim

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am a muslim and from my learnings of Islam it tells me not to put down any religion by you doing so is your own belief and not your religions

Guest guest

<< I am a muslim and from my learnings of Islam it tells me not to put down any religion by you doing so is your own belief and not your religions >>

Then you have not read koran and Hadith fully.

Just see what reason Ben Ladin gives for his jeehad, and what is being taught in teh thousands of madresas in pakistan and all ove the world.

Checek the total hstory of islam and see how they invaded othre's countries and forcibley converted or killed millions.

After you know what islam truely is, give it up.

If you do not, then you are simply misreprsenting islam here and trying to mislead the ignorant.

if you still think ben ladin and party are wrong, then go preach them islam, and do not waste time here.

we know what islam is.

we hindus are the victims if islam.

jai sri krishna! -madhav

Guest guest

Congratulations to you both. I ahve a question if you dont mind, as i am in a similar situation and need to resolve my thoughts so i can this very important make a decision about my life.

What are your husbands religious beliefs. is he religious at all? How does he deal with the difference in your religions?

Thanks Lina

Guest guest

My cousin, a Hindu, married a Muslim girl a few years ago. They had to elope and marry because her folks were creating a lot of trouble. At one point they even used physical intimidation.

Now this girl was not from a particularly fanatical Muslim family, but the community at large is pretty conservative. She herself was a student of martial arts.

After the registered marriage, her parents decided to accept the fait accompli, but demanded that they hold another Muslim nikah ceremony, to which my cousin had never had any objection in the first place (their original demand was that he convert to Islam, and no less). so they had a second ceremony the Muslim way.

Now there are more problems, since they have kids. The girl's side is continuously putting pressure to teach them Islamic things, constantly demanding more time with the children, etc etc.

So problems are many and unexpected, even if the couple themselves are good people. Fact is, marriage is primarily a social institution, and anyone who thinks "to hell with society" is seriously mistaken. Society will come knocking at the door sooner or later.

Guest guest

sitar ji,

read my post above (about my cousin who married a muslim girl). I think its a bit too early to say whether you have done your religious community a disservice or not by going in for inter-marriage, especially with a community that we have had problems with for the last 900 years or so.

I don't know where you are located, but we have seen reports in the UK where Pakistani youth are being encouraged to romance young Sikh and Hindu girls on college campuses, marry and convert them. This they have gone about with a degree of success, because the Indian community there has apparently done a poor job of imparting a religious education to its younger generation, much less making them aware of their history. The same old "tolerance and secular" mantra has lead to unprecedented atrophy.

Similar cases of "romancing other women to convert" came to light in Gujarat and Bhopal (MP) a few years ago, leading to minor tension.

The tactic of romancing and converting is not new. It has been in the Constitution of the Hizb-ut-Tahrir international Islamist organization for well over a decade now. It was also encouraged by the Prophet (for valid reasons in his time perhaps). Note that Muslim men are allowed to marry non-Muslim women, and even to have temporary liasons with them under mu'tah laws. But a Muslim woman can dare to be seen with a non-Muslim male only by risking the death penalty.

This history and factual theological precedent is worth considering while discussing this delicate and complicated subject.

Guest guest

My girlfriend is muslim, even though I am not planning to marry her there are some things I would like to share with other people.

I knew nothing about my religion (hinduism) until I came here (Fiji Islands). But of what I do know... in Hinduism there is no concept of conversion. Why? because Hinduism is the oldest religion and that time there were no other real religions so that you could convert them... so religiously speaking tehre is no concept of conversion. Another thing is that because there were no other real religions at that time there was no rules or anything that said that you cant marry someone from another religion. If the sacred books like the Gita, Puranas, Vedas etc., dont restrict you then you are only restricted from the artificial barriers that society and your own mind have made, and I think if the love is true these barriers will be easily destroyed...

Guest guest

hinduism being universal dharma for all mankind,

does not differenciate people by religion, but by their modes and charcteristics. e.g. scriptures talk of suras (devas) and asuras (danavas). gita/krishna descibes them. also scripture recommend marriage within varna. i.e. brahmin to brahmin, kshatriya to kshatriya, etc. these vernas are defined by the qualiteis and actions, not by birth.

thus, a muslim, a meat eater and folloer of an aggresive ideology would be asura, you probably are a sura. so such marriage may not bring peace.

now about true love.

first both of you need to love krishna.

if you cannot, then that is the first major difference.

if the muslim girl loves you, tell her to give up islam and be a hindu, and you both practice hinduism correctly.

suppose she says you to give up hinduism,

then she obviously hates hinduism, as all muslims do.

if you however give up hinduism, then you do not know the value of it, just as a monkey does not know the value of a diamond in hand.

inter religion marriage is not a wise thing.

it would work only when both do not care for any religion, or both agree to follow only one religion.

jai sri krishna! -madhav

Guest guest

"also scripture recommend marriage within varna"

(in this age of kaly everyone's sudra)

"thus, a muslim, a meat eater and folloer of an aggresive ideology would be asura"

"she obviously hates hinduism, as all muslims do."

(you are simply judging people without knowing them, it is an adharmic and asuric approach)

Guest guest

Dear Guest with Islamic Girlfriend

Don't pay attention to NRI. I don't know how important religion is to either yourself or your GF. However, as a bhakta of Caitanya Mahaprabhu coming in the Gaudiya Sampradaya, i advise you in a friendly way.... if your girlfriend is happy with her religion, don't encourage her to change it. Rather encourage her to go deeply into the mystical side of Islam, the inner path and come to know what Islam is really about minus all the negative propaganda it is getting nowadays. There are even websites on the internet for vegetarian muslims because the Prophet himself ate very little meat as did most muslims back in his time. Subsequently many Islamic Saints thru the ages spoke agaianst the eating of flesh if one wanted to truly develop a divine state of existence within themselves. What NRI does not know is that all the major religions which are commonly known now, that is the 3 Abrahamic religions; Judaism, Islam and Christianity, as well as Buddhism and Hinduism have "aggressive ideologies" somewhere in them. That is why as a Mahaprabhu bhakta i don't ascribe to any of them but appreciate true bhakti in all of them, if i see it anywhere. One need only read so called Hindu "shastras" for aggressive ideology towards women. True spirituality will never be found within any "ism", but if the paradigms of any particular religion seem to sit well with you, then u may cultivate an inner life within any of those paradigms....extracting the essence, discarding the un-neccessary.

JAI SRI RADHE!

Guest guest

<< "she obviously hates hinduism, as all muslims do."

(you are simply judging people without knowing them, it is an adharmic and asuric approach) >>

all i know is that she is a muslim,

and even when her friend or lover is a hindu,

she cannot give up islam. why?

becaue she loves Hinduism?

jai sri krishna! -madhav

Guest guest

All you know is that her lover is a hindu and she cannot give up islam and therefore she hates hinduism? All we know is that his lover is a hindu and he can't give that up. Why? Does he hate islam? There is no logic in this. Religion is a personal thing. No need to give up your religion for a boyfriend or girlfriend. God will be there for you when that boyfriend or girlfriend has left you. My advice to the two lovers.....leave india and move to the west where no one cares what your religion is.

JAI SRI RADHE!!!!

Guest guest

"My advice to the two lovers.....leave india and move to the west where no one cares what your religion is. "

Yeah, to the West where no one really cares for true religion at all. Period.

Wherever you emigrate, you cannot escape from the fact that a marriage should be between two spiritually compatible people. Secondly, you can only choose to ignore the complexity of society by saying "to hell with society" and fleeing to a country where social links are precariously loose. Where we come from, the families of the couple are involved in the relationship, which is how the social web remains in tact.

A lone couple may successfully raise their kids without warm relations with one or the other family, but of this became the norm then we can safely guess what will happen to society as an entitiy in itself.

Have respect for all religious traditions, realize that each tradition requires a community, and therefore also respect the boundaries of the community also.

Guest guest

if the situation developes like that, i expect to see one of these day an Hindu Osama Bin Laden..

Ram HU Akbar!!!

Guest guest

Just to set things straight, Hindu scriptures even forbid certain marriages between different castes, what to speak of different religions.

In addition to this it is advised that one associate with those practicing dharma, while simultaneously giving up the association of those who practice adharma. People who kill cows or eat their meat are adharmis according to Hinduism. Thus one is advised to sever connection with such people.

Guest guest

we are in kali yuga, there's no caste, evryone is sudra and yavana, and everyone is adharmi.. especially if he behave as adharmi in the name of dharma...

Guest guest

i guess ultimately its a question of whether the spiritual practice is more important to the persons involved or if their romance is more important. i suppose the vaishnavas who are very serious about their yoga are in an extreme minority.

Guest guest

I don't see why all of us who are supposed to be "serious practicioners of yoga, dharma, bhakti" or whatever are concerning ourselves with the coupling of one amongst millions (or is it billions now?) of couples in india. The person who wrote the post is probably not even reading our comments but doing something useful with his time. Anyway, u all are assuming he's a vegetarian. Most hindus in india nowadays are not pure veg anymore, they are eating at least eggs, if not other things. Even in holy and traditional places like Mathura/Vrindavan. Whereas in USA there is a growing number of muslims who are becoming vegetarian for ethical reasons. Moreover, why concern ourselves with the boyfriend/girlfriend scene of a third world country or any country for that matter. I advised the couple to move to USA coz my experience in doing so has been fruitful. I can worship the Ishta Deva of my choice here without all my extended relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins, bhabis, bibis, fufus, fifis) breathing down my neck to worship theirs. Plus i find the atmosphere here more congenial for quiet contemplation upon the Name. Something that my muslim friends also appreciate, the Name. I know relationships between muslims and hindus in india are strained, not without good reason too. But here it is different. We are lumped together socially. An oppurtunity to learn at lot, as i am doing about the Sufi tradition. And, maybe due to the progressive atmosphere, the muslims here are also open minded enough to hear from me about my path and appreciate the similarites with theirs (the Name). In india muslims may not be open to hearing from the local hindus and quite frankly, can i blame them when even i am not interested?

We all need to spend more time in sadhana and less on the net. This is a virtual world here.

JAI SRI RADHE!!!!

Happy Chanting!

Guest guest

no problem, free to have this opinion, but if you think that the problem of religious fanaticism does not depend from the spirit and has to be solved only in a materialistic way, there's no need for you to call the dharma, the induism, the religion, the scriptures to demonstrate the strength of you theory

if the solution is only politic.. a civil war, deportations or something like that, do not speak of religion especially if you think that it's all a romance

Guest guest

Amazing so you believe that allah is some one else Krishna is god and you are some one else I am some one else a muslim is some one else.... HAHAHAHA!

What do you know about the word Advaita Philosophy? (do some research about it)

DO you recite Bhramarpanam BhramaHavihir before eating...?

what does it mean, does it say dont love a meat eater?. No It means that the whole world is a manifestation of Bhraman (GOD) and whether a muslim or Hindu plan animal table chair is all god....

then who am I to differntiate...

Guest guest

I am the same guy who posted the message earlier and I am very much a hindu and proud to be one ... I am quoting Bhagwan Shri Sathya Sai Baba's words...I quote, "The word Islam means a state of mind, a state of mind in which one is totally and completely surrendered to god" You said that a muslim is a follower of aggressive ideology.. recite the Gayitri mantra because you are dillusioned. Just because a few people are terrorists and they happened to be muslims, islam is an ideology that is aggressive???? and what about hinduism? so many violent hindu's too so hinduism is an aggressive ideology?... when you dont have the vision to see other people as your self (atma) and god as one you have no right to judge other people because you have not understood the true meaning of hinduism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know sanskrit very well, read a lot of scriptures too? Sura and Asura....? how would you classify yourself?

Guest guest

Meat eating is considered Rajasik, Vegitarianism is considered to be sattvik if the food is not stale. Bhagvad gita says the one must transcend the three gunahs... Or you will be caught in the cycle of karma, you will begin to see yourself as the doer and then experience the fruit of your action. Do not discriminate people by their behaviour being sattvik, rajasik or tamasik. You need to transcend these three gunahs, only then are you great. Not if you are a totally sattvik and attached to you `sattvikism'... that destroys the whole thing...

Guest guest

sure.

look at the history of 1000 years of islam.

is it not proof enough?

islam has invaded india, and ignoring that

a "swami" says islam is good.

herhaps he fears that if he tells the truth that islam is barbaric, then some muslims will kill him.

every hindu preacher needs anga rakshakas.

then they will be able to tell the truth as it is.

<< when you dont have the vision to see other people as your self (atma) and god as one >>

why not you and the "swami" got to saudi arabia and preachislam to the wahabis?

why that far? ben ladin and party is is in pakistan.

see there what is being preached in thousands of madresas.

do you know that these madresas are factory houses to produce world class islam terrorists?

do you know that they are funded by saudi arabia?

do you know that this "swami" (nor any kafir) is not allowed to visit mecca?

jai sri krishna! -madhav

Guest guest

from "Aggressive Ideology????????????" post 2 or 3 posts up.

"I am quoting Bhagwan Shri Sathya Sai Baba's words...I quote, "The word Islam means a state of mind, a state of mind in which one is totally and completely surrendered to god"

-----

madhav must be refering to Bhagwan Shri Sathya Sai Baba as "swami'