IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Raguraman

Can Krishna be compared to Allah or Jehovah ?

Rate this topic

"former devotee" said:

AND in the final page of Revelation there is a warning about those who add or subtract from the Word of God. Check it out.

For those that don't know, there is a book of the Bible called Revelations. All the books of the Bible were written at different times(over thousands of years) by different authors and later compiled in one book called the Bible.

Revelations was the last book written and included to be bound together as the Bible. It was a vision that was given to John. He was also warned not to change a thing concerning his revelation. Since it comes at the end of the now bound compiliation of these books people think it refers to the whole of the Bible and more loosely to the whole of God's revelation to mankind.

Of course we know we have no right to alter Holy Writ. But the way they have come to misuse this verse precludes any further revelations from God to mankind.

This I consider a most hellish proposition.

Our hope is in continued revelation both personally as we advance and are able to assimulate more as well as collectively as mankind as a whole grows in understanding.

In fact we the soul will be learning more about the ways of the Personality of Godhead for all of eternity. As we perfect the process of bhakti-yoga we will find that the process continues even after perfecting it. The change will be one of growing into spontaneous love, it will be natural but the learning of Krsna will always go on.

Guest guest

our problem is that we are not really practicing any religion or spirituality, we are in most cases at the stage of kanista adhikari

in this way we are occupied in finding difference among spiritualists and not finding a common ground to help ourselves and fight together materialism

first let us became good devotees and humble, then we will be able to use the variety and differences in religion at the service of the lord

i cannot imagine that chaitanya mahaprabhu, jesus, mohamed and buddha are wrestling and quarrelling in paradise

Guest guest

I dig where your coming from. For it Iwriteen In Concerning the last days that the Peoples will wall with their Gods and we with the Lord our God. I thank you for understanding and we will all know in the end which is the beginning of our eternal Lives. Which even today we are live.

Let God be true. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the goverment shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the prince.

Guest guest

Boy some of you guys really know how to shoot a fellah down.

But thankfully We all seem very confident in our Faiths and this is good. I am happy to have found this site. Yes we will Know the truth all of us. No doubt we all on a path either wide or narrow. Love will prevail. In the final time God will answer us all. Though it is no surprise that other then one of you, everyone else has ignored the scriptures above. No doubt because non can argue with God's words. Will anyone declare to me what is wrong in the verses above? The biting words feel softer than a kiss in the end.

And what can gods made of men do? For God is Spirit and that Spirit manifest everything. Both the evil and good.

As we would all agree with this: Isaiah 55:6-11 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts: neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

and Isaiah 44:6-11 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of Host; I am the first and I am the last; and besides me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? Ye are my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any. They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed. Who hath formed a god, a molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing? Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.

these are not my opinions but the very words of a Living God.

Peace and Love

no offence

Bible which exists now are merely corrupted version, fashioned by Christians (who are anti-Jews and anti-Islam).

Christians (openly) modified their own Bible to show that People of the Book who existed before Jesus were still doing sinful things (such as you mentioned) because Jesus had not died for their sins (the Original Sin concept). This was one of the ways for them to strenghten the Original Sin concept, nothing more.

And Christians also modified the lineage of Abraham other son to be evil and corrupted due to Muhammad's claims of being in the same lineage as Abraham was.

Take the story of Moses opening up the Red Sea for example. Knock of his staff and the sea opens up, only to close later onto the invading Egyptian forces. That is Bible's version.

Actual history proves that the Red Sea mentioned is actually the Sea of Reeds (swamp area, north-east of Egypt) where the chariots couldn't move swiftly and the Egyptians were cut down by Hebrews who were defending themselves against them.

and Isaiah 44:6-11 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of Host; I am the first and I am the last; and besides me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? Ye are my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any. They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed. Who hath formed a god, a molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing? Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.

these are not my opinions but the very words of a Living God.

Which God is that? Jesus? Who Christians made God and created image out of him to worship?

Or Muhammad? Who Muslims worship indirectly ... taking his every words as words of a God and go foward and make war against peaceful people who had done nothing to harm them?

Christians NOR Muslims has NO right to come and condemn anyone (much less Hindus and Jews) about their ways. At least Hindus and Hebrews follow their ways peacefully without attacking others or force-converting anyone. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hinduism is not a single religion

its the collection of Saivism,Shaktismn,Vaishnavism,Smartism is known today as Hinduism

But All four believe in karma and reincarnation and in a Supreme Being who is both form and pervades form, who creates, sustains and destroys the universe only to create it again in unending cycles. They strongly declare the validity and importance of temple worship, in the three worlds of existence and the myriad Gods and devas residing in them. They concur that there is no intrinsic evil, that the cosmos is created out of God and is permeated by Him. They each believe in maya (though their definitions differ somewhat), and in the liberation of the soul from rebirth, called moksha, as the goal of human existence. They believe in dharma and in ahimsa, noninjury, and in the need for a satguru to lead the soul toward Self Realization. They wear the sacred marks, tilaka, on their foreheads as sacred symbols, though each wears a distinct mark. Finally, they prefer cremation of the body upon death, believing that the soul will inhabit another body in the next life. While Hinduism has many sacred scriptures, all sects ascribe the highest authority to the Vedas and Agamas, though their Agamas differ somewhat

Eg-like Christianity-(30+ CE) Christianity is divided into three main sects: Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Protestant. Among Protestants there are over 20,000 denomin-ations.

Eastern Orthodox-(1054 CE),Lutheran -Martin Luther (1517),Anglican -Henry VIII (1534),Methodist -John Wesley (1739)

Worldwide Church of God -Herbert Armstrong (1933),Baptist John Smyth (1609),Presbyterian -John Knox (1625),Quakers -George Fox (1647),Mormon Joseph Smith (1830) to sum in word they are called Christianity

The Ultimate Truth

Saivism: There are no divine earthly incarnations of the Supreme Being.

God Siva is one with the soul. The soul must realize this advaitic (monistic) Truth by God Siva's grace

With bhakti as a base, emphasis is placed on sadhana, tapas (austerity) and yoga. Ascetic.

texts-Vedas, Saiva Agamas and Saiva Puranas

Geographically widespread, strongest in South and North India, Nepal and Sri Lanka.

Time less Truth to be accepted

Saivism is ancient, truly ageless, for it has no beginning. It is the precursor of the many-faceted religion now termed Hinduism. Scholars trace the roots of Siva worship back more than 8,000 years to the advanced Indus Valley civilization. But sacred writings tell us there never was a time when Saivism did not exist

It provides knowledge of man's evolution from God and back to God, of the soul's unfoldment and awakening guided by enlightened sages. Like all the sects, its majority are devout families, headed by hundreds of orders of swamis and sadhus who follow the fiery, world-renouncing path to moksha.

The Vedas state, "By knowing Siva, the Auspicious One who is hidden in all things, exceedingly fine, like film arising from clarified butter, the One embracer of the universe by realizing God, one is released from all fetters." Aum Namah Sivaya

The Cosmic Dance of Shiva.

God and his creation are One. Yet God hides himself from his creation to give himself the joy of discovering God. God is both Creator and the Created. This is also known as the Wisdom of Balance. The Uncreated God and The Created God are One, yet the creation is attached to the grand illusion of separateness. Whenever God's creation discovers God, God discovers himself all over again. God delights in the dance of hiding and discovering his glory. The Cosmic Dance of Shiva.

Your life is your part in this awesome Cosmic Dance. Your birth begins with your God Consciousness hid from you. If you have not discovered your unlimited potential in this life you will die, and your soul will go to the unseen state awaiting its chance for another birth. This is the gem of knowledge known as Reincarnation.

About Vaishnavism

Vaishnavism is also an ancient Hindu sect centering on the worship of Lord Vishnu and His incarnations, especially Krishna and Rama. Largely dualistic, profoundly devotional, it is rich in saints, temples and scriptures. Aum.

The worship of Vishnu, meaning "pervader, " dates back to Vedic times. The Pancharatra and Bhagavata sects were popular prior to 300 bce.

The Bhagavad Gita states, "On those who meditate on Me and worship with undivided heart, I confer attainment of what they have not, and preserve what they have." Aum Namo Narayanaya.

But There is no denial of incarnations and 10 avatars of Lord Vishnu..... But,,,,

Proof that Lord Shiva Was there in all yugas and was worshipped by all God and Goddess.There are many instances

He was worshipped by lord Rama and Ravana also as he was the only God and energy of good as well as evil,He was a Kind Father who granted all the wishes of the children's who pray to him he never see if his children's intentions but if they pray to him he grants them without thinking he never judges you by you mistakes or past things every time you go to him he you are a New person coming to him with your problems to be solved.

Because of his innocence's he is called Bhole nath,

But also Notice that when he was around on Earth he did not meet any avatars or none existed only in Heavens his stories with Brahma and Vishnu are mentioned.

Here are few incidents mentioned in Holy books about Lord Shiva documented and of his appearances

Lord shiva takes the shape of (Lingam) Controls the universe and all the Gods

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

why the lingam is believed to be one of the most potent emblems in Hindu ideals.

It all started with Brahma and Vishnu, who were arguing over their relative supremacy. Their vain arguments were interrupted by a superluminous glow from a strange and blazing pillar, its shape reminiscent of the linga. Both of them sped towards this indescribable flaming light, which grew before their eyes into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the heavens. Overwhelmed and terrified by the unfathomable vision, the two gods decided to seek the beginning and end of this burning immensity. Brahma taking the form of a swan flew upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring the shape of a boar. Both of the gods however, could not fathom the extent of this fiery column at either end, and returned exhausted and bewildered to the level they had started from. At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and Shiva revealed himself in his full glory. Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu bowed before him. Thunderous laughter, or the sound of AUM, issued from the pillar, filling the sky.

Brahma's head was Ripped off By lord shiva

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->once, Brahma and Vishnu were discussing who was the supreme god and then when they came to know from Veda that Shiva is the supreme being, Brahma ignored and spoke bad about Shiva. He got angry and cut off Brahma's head that spoke ill of him, leaving Brahma with four heads instead of five.Shiva is the creator of Dance and of the first 16 rythemic syllabus ever uttered, the Sanskrit language was born. Dance of anger is known as Tandav Nritya, joy as Ananda nritya. Thus, Shiva is also known as Natraja, lord of dance and it is said that on 13th day of each bright lunar fortnight of Hindu calendar, after 6 in the evening, falls a sacred hour called Pradosha and if you worship this time than one gets powers of Universe. It is believed that all Gods gather to witness the dance of Natraja, Shiva.There are around 30 million Linga in temples in India, famous one formed of Ice at Amarnath, Somnath in Gujarat and it is said Shiva sleeps in all Lingas in Chaturmasya and so if one worships the Shivlinga this time, than it is very auspicious. Going for Pilgrimage to all 12 Jyotirlinga means one washes away the sins of last seven births and also reciting the mantras purifies the soul and can attain peacefulness

Lord Krishna's advice to Arjuna

After hearing about the Pandav's exile, Krishna goes to visit them. He advises the Pandavs to prepare for war and tells Arjun to do penance to obtain divine weapons. Arjun does penance and eventually pleases Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva bestows him with the divine Pasupata weapon and advises him to obtain other weapons in Indralok. Rishi Duruvasa visits Hastinapur. In an attempt to humiliate the Pandavs, Duryodhan requests that the sage visit tha Pandavs as well. Rishi Duruvasa promises to do so

Lord shiva grants Draupadi her desired wish

When Sage Vyasa visits the family, he explains to Draupadi that her unique position as the wife of five brothers results from a certain incident in her previous birth. She had in that lifetime prayed to Lord Shiva to grant her a husband with five desired qualities. Lord Shiva, pleased with her devotion, tells her that it is very difficult to get a husband with all five qualities that she desired. But she sticks to her ground and asks for the same. Then Lord Shiva grants her wish saying that she would get the same in her next birth. Hence she gets married to five brothers each who represents a given quality.

The Sad Truth

The Ancient brahims Abolished the Savism concept which was practised in India and that time India was in peak of its glory they created caste system according to their occupation and classified according to their jobs which they do in daily life created upper and lower caste and ruled them and the kings which was major draw back in Hindu society which created chance and opportunities from other cultures to easily enter India and showcase our drawback and spread new religion In India The Mother of all religions which Once taught the world the art of war,science ,medicine dance Martial arts, many More is now stands divided

"Mankind ought to be taught that religions are but the varied expressions of THE RELIGION, which is Oneness, so that each may choose the path that suits him best." - Swami Vivekananda)the saivism concept

Om Nama shivya