IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tarun

Jesus Christ

Rate this topic

Vinayji: vidya vinaya sampanne...

zaktyAvez AvatArs are so numerous, they're not listed.

Like ocean waves. Can u count them?

We wrote one paper on VNN: Was Christ BrahmA?

Some possible inference to Jesus is there in 2nd Canto BhAgvtm.

can someone please quote me verses in the hindu sacred books along with the english translation, about jesus christ.

i would also like to know the gap in time, between the arrival of jesus on earth and the mention of jesus in the hindu books!

But there are also several verses in the gita and other scriptures which state that there are and will be many fake gods/holy men (especially in the kali yuga, our current yug) who claim to represent god but are in fact just mortal men. Now considering that the kali yuga has been going on for the last couple of thousand years, jesus christ/mohammed/etc are probably what krshna was talking about.

But there are also several verses in the gita and other scriptures which state that there are and will be many fake gods/holy men (especially in the kali yuga, our current yug) who claim to represent god but are in fact just mortal men. Now considering that the kali yuga has been going on for the last couple of thousand years, jesus christ/mohammed/etc are probably what krshna was talking about.

According to the verses, many people who claim(ed) to be divine are/were fake. But it does not mean that all should be considered as fake. It is possible that some are genuine. So, why can't Jesus Christ be genuine?

Guest guest

Interesting u should say that. Because, as far as i know, Christianity in the beginning had two seperate branches. One was Aryan Christianity and the other was the more institutionalised Catholic church. In Aryan Christianity the belief was that christ was a more pure/enlightened manifestation of the All/Soul- ive heard it put before 'just a very good bloke' lol. Although id assume his teachings had some influence even if he was not considered to be the son of God. However it was the more institutionalised (and hence i assume more efficient) Catholic church which triumphed.

Guest guest

no.they were send by Lord Krishna himself.

Do you have sastric evidence to support that thesis. Great saints appear quite often throughout this world, even in Kali Yuga. That doesn't mean they are sent directly by Krishna.

The most interesting evidence about christianity and christ(and Islam also) is found in “Bhavishya Purana” supposedly composed circ. 2nd c., about king Shalivahana (last mentioned circ. AD 80) meeting a foreigner calling himself Ishvara Putara (Son of God), Isha Masih (Isha = Isa in Arabic = Jesus; Masih = Messiah), and claiming to be born of Kanya Garbham (Born of a Virgin).

About Adam & Eve

==============

Veda Vyasa, in his epic, the 28th verse, 4th chapter, 1st part in the book ‘Prathisargaparvam’ says like this: -

“Indriyani damithwa

Yehyaathmadhyaana parayana:

Thasmad Aadama naamaasou

Pathnee Havyavathee smritha”

Adaman and his wife havyavathy are born with all the virtues, complete control of the senses and the spiritual forbearance of the mind. God creates a captivating paradise and gifts it to Adaman to live happily. Adaman reaches beneath the tree of sin in the garden, eats its forbidden fruit, tempted by Kali disguised as a snake, resulting his carnal desires come alive, which culminates in his involving in sexual intercourse with Havyyathy.

And about Jesus Joseph Christ

=============================:

“Ko bhavaanithi tham praaha

Sahovaachamudaanwitha:

Eshaputhram cha maam vidhi

Kumaaree garbha sambahavam

Aham Eesa Maseeha nama:”

King Shaka asked “May I know, who you are!”. With apparent joy that male replied “Know that I am the Son of God. I am born in the womb of a virgin. ‘Easa Maseeha’ is my well known name”. (Bhavishya purana- Prathisarga parva, IIIrd part- 2ndchapter-

23rd verse.)

Guest guest

"We have great respect for Lord Jesus Christ. We accept him as powerful incarnation of Krishna, as much as we accept Lord Buddha." -SP letter to Syamasundhara 1969

There are many such quotes.

Guest guest

Oh wow, this is one of the strangest things i have heard, but the fact is simple. If you open the books like gita, bhagavatham or Ramayana, the only thing you will find is Jesus. I am not crazy, but in reality for millions of people all over the world, jesus represents the messiah or the giver of the truth to the suffering people so that they may never suffer. Well my friends, in truth, the books like Bhagavatham, Gita and Ramayana are the revealers of the truth. Therefore, if we look closely, we find jesus in every single word of these documents.

sincerely,

sudszy

Guest guest

in reply to: "Oh wow, this is one of the strangest things i have heard, but the fact is simple. If you open the books like gita, bhagavatham or Ramayana, the only thing you will find is Jesus. I am not crazy, but in reality for millions of people all over the world, jesus represents the messiah or the giver of the truth to the suffering people so that they may never suffer. Well my friends, in truth, the books like Bhagavatham, Gita and Ramayana are the revealers of the truth. Therefore, if we look closely, we find jesus in every single word of these documents.

sincerely,

sudszy "

I really like what you have to say on this matter. It is what I believe also. Being raised in a Christian setting, small town and VERY religious family, I have been exposed to only one side of the story. As I got older I was able to search out the REAL TRUTHS for myself. What I found is that all of the major religions speak of the same basic tennents. They are "love and respect" It is that simple. I believe that "GOD" is alive in everyone and everything.

Now how can I say that, when such evil as Hitlers, McVeighs, and Pol Pots exist in the world? Easily. They have ignored the "GOD" voice that is inside of them. They have supressed it and chosen a different path.

Again thank you for saying what I have felt for so long.

sudszy,

I have read Ramayana 20 times trying to figure out if it is a holy book, but can't comprehend! For me it is a fiction book that depicts the love, revenge, desires, defeat and triumph of Rama. It's not real.

Guest guest

namaskaar

What a pity that the white mans marketing efforts won the day and hearts of the masses. Jesus was a hindu, and his consort Mari the Magadhalene was born in India and the earliest Yesu movements are still in northern India.

Reading Acts of the Apostles in the western Bible, (The Eastern Bible does not have an Acts of the Apostles) we see clearly that the Lords movement ìs called The Way (as in Tao Teh Ching, and as in Buddha`s movement, and as the Lord Krishna's Way) -and that Paul (who never served apprenticeship under the Lord) started a sect of The Way after he adapted it to suit the western mind (as he understood it) and it was called Christianity.

St. Thomas founded communities and ashrams in Taxila and Kashmir many years even before Paul started ministering -and with the blessing and financial aid of Indian kings. The first organised devotees of the Lord were Aryan and Indian. The first publishing of Wayist literature came from India in the 1st century already - done by Indians. The story continues to culminate in the Lord Avalokitesvara and Trika Shaivism, among other beauty.

We should reclaim the Lord and not equate Him with Christianity, which is something all on its own. The earliest Hindu work to mention the Lord Yesu in India is the Acts of Yesu The Saviour, and Acts of Thomas. See Church of the East at http://churchoftheeast.ca or The Eastern Bible at http://prodeo.ca/easternbible

What a great forum this is.

In respect and gratitude

'sandra

Guest guest

which holy books,if you mean the vedic vedas then there is no mention of christ.

Guest guest

Jesus was not a Hindu he was a Jew "We Jews know who we worship" and a son of Isreal. Attempting to equate him with some kind of "aryan origin" is what Hitler and the Nazis were trying to do.

Jesus may have traveled in India and may have become a fully realized Siddha Purusha but it is unlikely that he had any need to identify himself with Hinduism which is after all simply Varna and Ashrama and Jesus had neither as he was also a perfect renuniate like Shankara and was not married to the prostitute Mary Magdelene as this would have been socially unacceptable in those times.

There are a lot of speculation about Jesus and India.

The Bhavishyat-purana is no proof, because it is written long after the birth of Christ and Mohammad. This is not a authorative scripture.

Jesus is not mentioned in any piece of Indian literature before the Muslim invasion.

It is just a tactic of propaganda by Christian missionaries.

They want to "bring Jesus back to India".

We Hindus don't need Jesus. Jesus may be a good person. But we have enough saints.

It is noteworthy that the Bible makes no mention of Jesus Christ between the ages of 18 to 30 .

Jesus Christ lived in India between the ages of 18 to 30 . After crucifixion , he returned back to India where he lived in Kashmir till his death . This has been said by the Indian spiritual masters Paramahamsa Yogananda , Satya Sai Baba and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. Jesus's teachings of chastity, non-violence, and renunciation were derived from Hinduism, Buddhism and Yoga.

The proof for this can be obtained from the books 'Jesus lived in India' , written by a team of Western scholars and archaeologists and ' Hinduism and Christianity' by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar( the founder of the Art of Living Foundation).

<!-- / message -->

Don't be blind my friend.

St. Thomas did not found any communities in Taxila or Kashmir. he landed in Kerala first.

According to ancient, strong and continuous traditions which are supported with modern archeological findings St. Thomas landed at Kodungalloor (Muziris) in 52 A.D. After preaching and establishing Christian communities in different parts of India, he suffered martyrdom at Mylapur in 72 A.D.[2]

The so called 'Christian Missionaies' you say are the later came Portuguese, british people, they even tried to convert the existing christians in India, and some of them even used force.

And here are the quotings from Rigveda. (its there!)

"Hiranyagarbha: samavarthathaagre

Bhuuthasya jaatha: pathireka aaseeth

Sadaadhaara prudhwivim dyaamuthemam

Kasmai devaaya havisha vidhemam.

'Prajapathy' alias 'Hiranya garbha', the first born, was born to the Holy

Spirit (Paramatma) before Genesis. Upon birth, He became one and

only God to the universe comprising the Skies, Stars Earth and the

Seas. He rules the endless firmament and the whole of the earth. We

please this deity, Prajapathy, who is called 'Kan' affectionately, with

offerings in sacrifices (Rigveda X: 121,1)

"Thaam yajnam barhishi proukshan

Purusham jaathamagratha

Thena deva ayajantha

Saadhya rushayaschaye"

Devas of heaven and the ruling fraternity along with the hermits

offered the first born male in sacrifice by consecrating him as the

animal of offering by tying him on a wooden sacrificial post. (Rigveda

X: 90:7)

Its surprising that in Rigveda there isn't any mention about the gods exists in hinduism now.

visit: ourcross.org/HinduFriends/To_HinduFriend.htm