IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Caitanyachandra

ONLINE Sanskrit Tutors.

Rate this topic

Online SanskRt Tutors, yes!

Exactly what I need. Where art thou? thee? ye?

In these zlokas/sentences:

kukkuTasya gatiM dhatte, dhamanI kapha sanginI

of cock moves __ __, due to mucous

&

hari haMsa gatiM dhatte, pitta zleSmAnvitA dharA

frog swan moves __ __ __ mucous

what does the word 'dhatte' mean?

Guest guest

http://www.samskrita-bharati.org/

I met Charu Bhave two weeks ago at McGill. A charming lady who has become something of a Sanskrit missionary. They have developed Sanskrit language teaching materials that resemble most spoken second language courses. The goal is speaking Sanskrit, but of course, that leads to the ability to read, etc.

It's a good way for someone who wants to learn in a more natural way, rather than the dead classical language style that is usually used.

Guest guest

I would like any information on the meaning of this word as well as related internet websites. I understand it derives from the words for "nine" and "new".

Thanking you in advance,

Pamela

Guest guest

The old "The Sanskrit Web Site" is now called "Sanskrit & Sánscrito". And the URL has changed too: www.sanskrit-sanscrito.com.ar (since it is our own domain name, it is likely to last the same for a long time).

Gabriel

Sanskrit & Sánscrito

Guest guest

No, it is written properly. "Dhatte" is the 3rd person sing. Aatmanepada of the root "dhaa" (to place, think, produce, etc.) in Present Tense, that is, "he/she/it places, thinks, produces, etc.". So, "gatiM dhatte" might "he/she/it produces the motion or movement of... cock, etc.", I think. I do not know the original text or the subject being dealt with. Aayurveda, maybe?.

Gabriel

Sanskrit & Sánscrito

Guest guest

please help me... i am getting a tattoo... i want compassion in sanskrit..... i am having a hard time trying to find how it is written... please help me.. thank you...

Guest guest

I am from italy, I want to have a tatto wtih a sanscrit word but it seem so hard to find someone to traslate some words

Guest guest

did u find anything?? i am looking up the same thing except i want bodhichitta. pretty much means the same thing, if u have any info at all please email me at jason22wills@hotmail.com thank you so much!!