IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sushil_kanoria

NADI ASTROLOGY !!

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna to all the devotees,

Please Accept my humble Obesainces unto your lotus feet & all glories to Srila Prabhupada !!

First of all let me tell you that I have taken "hari naam Diksha" or first initiation from my guru maharaj, Narsimha Das Brahmachari Maharaj. He is not from ISKCON but belongs to the same Gaudiya Vaishnava Sampradaya, Actually his guru maharaj & Srila Prabhupada both were God brothers.

Now coming to the Nadi Astrology, First of all let me tell you the brief description of it. In the ancient time all the Sapt rishis they foresaw that few people will be very interested to know about their future, so they wrote every thing on the palm leaves regarding their future life.

For a male they take their right hand side thumb impression & for female they take Left hand side thumb impression, they see the the number of spots & line in that & accordingly take out our related palm leaf which tells our past & future.

One of my fiends went there & told me about his expierences to me, then out of curiosity I too went there, just two days back to nadi astrologer & was just stunned the way he said my past so accurately.After going through many leaves he came to my leaf & started asking question to me,

nadi astrologer asked, were you born on 17th i said yes.

n.a : were you born on 73.

Sushil: yes

n.a :is the month july.

sushil: yes

n.a : was the day tuesday.

n.a : is your father's name prabhu dayal.

n.a : is your mother's name rani.

n.a :you have one younger sister who is doing post graduation in "commerce"

n.a : you have one youger brother who is in class 12th .

sushil: yes.

n.a : you are a mechanical engr.

then he said this is your leaf & then told every thing what will be happing in my future life reading that palm leaf, right from my career to my married life.

I am unable to understand how those rishis were knowing all these things, I knew about nadi astrology 5 yrs back & planned also to meet them during that time but due to some reasons I canceled it, It is said only when the right time comes the person visits them, like at this time when my brother is studing in class 12th I was destined to meet them. I am still confused ???

In that, it is also mentioned regarding the mokha "salvation".

when that person will get salvation ?

whether in this birth or in the next ??

Regarding the moksha I consultated my guru maharaj & asked him, whether moksha can also be predicted by any one ??

He said materialistic things can be predicted, but spiritual life & moksha are the things which cannot be pridicted by any one. This can be changed by three types of people:

1) The Supreme personality of the Godhead, Lord Shri Krishna.

2)By our Forefathers, who are in Pitra Lok &

3)By a saint.

What is your opinion J.N.Dasji ??

& what other vaishnavas think of it ??

Hari Bol,

Sushil

If you read Chaitanya charitamrita there is a story of astrologer visiting Nimai in His house.

There is a vedic system jotish sastra which astrologers get trained by their guru astrologer.

Is it possible, answer is Yes.

Can you become one. answer is Yes

Can you go consult astrologer. answer is why not if you have money. (especially if you getting married starting travel or business enterprise)

Can you consult astrologer to find out then you go back to Krishna? Anster is; CAPITAL LETTERS NO.

If he real astrologer he will tell you upfront this things is out of his leak.

The bugus bhrigu will tell you, yah yah you can go back to Goadhead in 7 lifetimes because in this lifetime you ate a buffolo and for 7 more lifetimes you will be born and in each life time come back to pay some more paisa to me.

In any case it is bona fide system and as everything bonafide in this world it is very rarely seen.

PS. Reg forefather in Pitriloka. This is 1st time I hear about this that they have influence on your going back to godhead or not. I guess if your forefather was pure devotee (like prahlada maharaja) whom nrsimhadeva promissed you and <so many> generations before and after you will be liberated because you were born in this family. I think Nrisimhadeva answered on Prahlada's request to liberate his father from hell /images/graemlins/smile.gif then Nrisimhadeva tore him up.

Guest guest

It is my understanding that the Nadi readings and the Bhrigu readings mentioned in the following verse by Srila Prabhupada are one in the same. The only precaution would be to go to someone bonafide. The astrologer you told about seems like he might be genuine. Please post his name and address.

CAITANYA CARITAMRITA ADI LILA TEXT 104

TRANSLATIONS AND PURPORTS BY HIS DIVINE GRACE A.C.BHAKTIVEDANTA SWAMI PRABHUPADA

TEXT

ke achilun ami purva janme kaha gani'

ganite lagila sarva-jna prabhu-vakya suni'

SYNONYMS

ke achilun ami--who I was; purva janme--in My previous birth; kaha--please say; gani'--by your astrological calculation; ganite--to calculate; lagila--began; sarva-jna--a man who knows past, present and future; prabhu-vakya--the words of Lord Caitanya; suni'--hearing.

TRANSLATION

"Please tell Me who I was in My previous birth," the Lord said. "Please tell Me by your astrological computations." Hearing the words of the Lord, the astrologer immediately began to calculate.

PURPORT

Through astrology one can know past, present and future. Modern Western astrologers have no knowledge of the past or future, nor can they perfectly say anything about the present. Herein we find, however, that after hearing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's order, the astrologer immediately began his calculations. This was not a facade; he actually knew how to ascertain one's past life through astrology. A still-existing treatise called the Bhrgu-samhita describes a system by which anyone can immediately get information about what he was in the past and what he is going to be in the future. The brahmanas who went door to door as if beggars had perfect command of such vast knowledge. Thus the highest knowledge was easily available even to the poorest man in society. The poorest man could inquire from an astrologer about his past, present and future, with no need for business agreements or exorbitant payments. The brahmana would give him all the benefit of his knowledge without asking remuneration, and the poor man, in return, would offer a handful of rice, or anything he had in his possession, to satisfy the brahmana. In a perfect human society, perfect knowledge in any science--medical, astrological, ecclesiastical and so on--is available even to the poorest man, with no anxiety over payment. In the present day, however, no one can get justice, medical treatment, astrological help or ecclesiastical enlightenment without money, and since people are generally poor, they are bereft of the benefits of all these great sciences.

Please find below the address of Nadi Jyotishi.

Sri Agasthiya Maha Siva Nadi Jyothida Nilayam,

1-8-701/3, G.N.Panthulu Nilayam,

1st Floor, Padma Colony,

Nallakunta (VST Road),

Hyderabad - 44.

Ph: 040-7622105

Please let me know your experience, once you vist Nadi Reader.

Hari Bol

Hari Bol Subala,

I think Forefathers do help in the progressment of our spiritual life, I have heard this many times & from many people.

Last friday when I was in Vrindavan(Mathura), I was just talking to one "Vrajvasi" who was a brahmin, & seems to be somewhat Learned, while going thru the discussions, at one point he told me that, it is just because of the blessings of your(mine) purvaja(Forefathers), that you are fortunate to be a Vaishnava, & to visit Vrindavan regularly. Of course without the mercy of Radharani, nobody can visit Vrindavan, he added.

It is also said that, Our forefathers pray for us in the pitralok, so that we become Krishna consciouness, & can help them to get out of the cycle of birth & death.

If you go thru one book, called "Gita Mahatmaya" in that it is clearly mentioned, If one recite a particular chapter of Bhagwad-Gita, how one's forefather gets liberated, from the clutches of birth & death, & that's the reason they pray for us so that, we choose correct path & help them getting liberated.

Humble request to all the Vaishnava's pls. correct me If I am wrong.

Hari Bol,

Sushil

Guest guest

Give more details about the book that U've mentioned viz., the publisher and availability. Thx,

Acharyulu

Guest guest

sir,

with due regards i would request u to please give me the address and contact number of nadi astrologers in new delhi. an early reply would add to convinience.

Thanking you.

yours sincerely,

ritesh

Guest guest

Hi there

can i have the address & phone no: of the nadi guru u met & who told certain things which were so correct.

if u can pls mail me the same on my mail id that is meenalrakhan@sify.com.

i m in stage of deliema & quite upset with how things are goin on in my life so i m lookin for somehting to hold on.

if u can then pls do send me

regards

Meenal

Guest guest

I went to a nadi astrologer yesterday and he asked me same types of questions as he asked you. I had no reasons not to believe that the leaf was not mine. However, he has called me again after preliminiary identification. The problem is as far as my horoscope goes I have MRITYUJOG which will end mid next month.

I am confused. I am curious, fascinated at the same time wondering that if they actually predict my death to come in a month,will not I be disturbed. Can you guide me as to what should I do.

Regards

Khushi Moitra

Nagpur

Guest guest

Dear Khushi,Nothing to worry...God is always great,I say nothing will happen to you.Because more than any humanbeing or any astrology or shastra God is powerful.

Believe in him, no need to loose your confidence...if everything was predefined ,than what is the use of our exisetence."Purusha-prayatna"and "daiva-bala" goes hand by hand.

Excessive attention to the minutiae of astrology is one of the superstitions which has hurt the Hindus very much. Weak men, when they lose everything and feel themselves weak, try all sorts of uncanny methods of making money, and come to astrology and all these things. "It is the coward and the fool who says, 'This is fate'" - so says the Sanskrit proverb. But it is the strong man who stands up and says, "I will make my fate." Buddha says, "Those that get a living by calculation of the stars by such art and other lying tricks are to be avoided"; and he ought to know, because he was the greatest Hindu ever born. You will find that astrology and all these mystical things are generally signs of a weak mind; therefore as soon as they are becoming prominent in our minds, we should see a physician, take good food and rest. "

These were the wise words of Swami Vivekananda. Swami was highly critical of Astrology. " So what is the use of going to stars for explanation? " he would ask. " It is our duty to ignore them rather than hearken to them and make ourselves nervous. This I lay down as the first essential in all I teach: anything that brings spiritual, mental, or physical weakness, touch it not with the toes of your feet. If you want your nation to live, keep away from all these things. These superstitious ideas are springing like mushrooms in your country. "

Swami was convinced that astrology was all nonsense and the astrologers were cheats. And he would try to convince people not to be fooled by such frauds. Very recently, the Panaji Police arrested one such astrologer in a city hotel and an amount in excess of 2 lakhs was recovered from him. It was obvious that this astrologer, like others of his ilk, knew nothing about predictions, else he would have escaped before the police arrived.

"The duty of the philosopher is to raise you above superstition. Even this world, this body and mind are superstitions; what infinite souls you are! And to be tricked by twinkling stars! It is a shameful condition. You can swallow the stars by the handful if you want; such is your real nature. Be strong, get beyond all superstitions, and be free." This was the message the great Swami has left for us, and it is high time the Establishment cracks down on all these charlatans who pose as astrologers.

Guest guest

Dear khushi,

Believe in yourself and Believe in God...if you keep thinking about your death you will become weak,sad and you will loose interst in your life, its just like when i deer sees a Tiger coming to eat, its start running to save his life...but its so affraid and confused that in the end itself will fall in the foot of tiger and will become food for tiger...inspite it had the ability to run and save its life....its all in mind!!

So, cheer up ...God is there who has given us a such a beautiful life...believe in that almighty...do good things to other...fill your brain with positive thoughts not with the negative one, and be happy forever!!.

Astrology has attracted human-interest since time immemorial. But in modern times astrology is more and more related to religion. There is a stern need to declare that religion and spiritualism has nothing to do with it. The following points will highlight the irrelevance of astrology in human life.

1. The astrology basically is related to prediction of future events. The accuracy of these predictions is not cent percent and no astrologer would ever highlight his failures. Now by declaring that the future events are already decided, these astrologers cast serious aspersions over the intellect of human beings. The most obvious question is that why a man should possess intellect when whatever he thinks and subsequently does is predestined. It is this possession of intellect that makes humans superior to other animals. The life of animals may be pre destined because of lack of intellect due to limitations of the body but it certainly can't be the case with humans.

2. The second point is that the astrologers claim that by knowing the future beforehand, a man can work better and can avoid certain future mishaps or perhaps decrease it's intensity. The question is that if the future is decided than how can it be modified? The astrologers contradict themselves on this point. It opens the possibility of unscrupulous astrologers taking people for a ride. For example an astrologer reads the horoscope of a person and finds out that the person might suffer a loss of Rs.100. But he tells his client that he would suffer a loss of Rs.500 and if he undertakes certain remedies his loss would be decreased to Rs.100.

If in future the loss turns out to be Rs.100 then the astrologer would not only take the accolades for correct prediction but also make good money. We have to appreciate that if future can be changed then it is not predestined and if can't be changed then there is no need for anyone to do any work since everything will happen on its own.

3. By claiming that through certain remedies future can be modified the astrologers highlight the importance of Karma. What we have to understand rationally that if certain planets are unfavorably positioned then it is due to our own Karma and if favourably positioned then also it is due to our karma. So we can make our destiny. God is not biased that he would give pain to someone and pleasure to someone else. We always get what we deserve according to our actions.

4. Perhaps the most important point, which clearly proves that astrology is just a school of thought, which has no religious sanction is that none of the spiritual incarnations and other saints have ever mentioned astrology in their sermons. Leave alone astrology they have even condemned occult and other psychic powers since they make a man weak and deviate him from the path of God. Perhaps the greatest disservice the astrologers have done to man is that they have made a mess of the greatest teaching of Lord Krishna in the Bhagavad-Gita.

Lord Krishna says in Gita, "Your right is to work alone and not to the fruits thereof". But the astrologers discuss the fruits of the action even before the action has taken place. They first discuss fruits and then suggest actions, which contradicts the celebrated teachings of Lord Krishna. The man who believes in astrology can never have faith in God and if someone has faith in God he would never believe in astrology and other related fields.

I shall conclude by mentioning what the great Swami Vivekananda said about astrology. He said, "Astrology and all these mystical things are generally signs of a weak mind; therefore as soon as they are becoming prominent in our minds, we should see a physician, take good food and rest."

Guest guest

There is an old story of an astrologer who came to a king and said, "You are going to die in six months." The king was frightened out of his wits and was almost about to die then and there from fear. But his minister was a clever man, and this man told the king that these astrologers were fools. The king would not believe him. So the minister saw no other way to make the king see that they were fools but to invite the astrologer to the palace again. There he asked him if his calculations were correct. The astrologer said that there could not be a mistake, but to satisfy him he went through the whole of the calculations again and then said that they were perfectly correct. The king's face became livid. The minister said to the astrologer, "And when do you think that you will die?In twelve years", was the reply. The minister quickly drew his sword and separated the astrologer's head from the body and said to the king, "Do you see this liar? He is dead this moment."

So, kushi got it???

Guest guest

Please provide me the address and phone no. of theNadi Astrologer whom you consult.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna all,

I am also confused with this matter. Coz me too consulted a naadi astrologer. He told accurately my name, my parent's name & etc. & he told what my future will be.. i feel sad listening to it. i juz wanna know is it true that all these has been predestined ? that means we got no rite in what to choose or what we want ? i need to learn more bout this. plz help ....

I have gone through many leaves of Nadi astrology and read many an interpretation by knowledgeable persons. And this is what I have observed.

There is a pattern in all predictions, in that the past and the character personification of the person have been told almost precisely, but the same can not be told of the future. The writings seem to be the result of discussion between the sages and their disciples by taking up any particular point of time and proceeding with the probable planetary positions at that point of time. They further analyse the probable past and future and also the present happenings for the person. The nadis of certain rishis conatain the names of the person and his / her parents and even his / her spouse's name. But invariably none of them tell about the name of the spouse if the person is not married at the time of seeing the Nadi. There are many other NAdis which do not tell about the names of any, only a reference in the form of a puzzle is made. This is one area that researchers in astrology are puzzled about as the existing/ known rules of astrology only indicate the probabble names and not the exact names themselves. Perhaps, the rishis have done it in thier tri-kaala jyana.

I have seen that in 9/10 cases the future that is predicted does not happen in toto. That which is predicted immediately after seeing the Nadi only seem to happen and here again only if the pariharas are done as stipulated. The Nadi readings in general about far future are vague and not specific. Only an outline is shown. I have come across instances when the person is led (or mis-led) in to doing something as per NAdi directions but end up in more misery, only to go to Nadi again to see the respective Khanda (chapter) to see for more detailed versions. More often than not, this chapter begins with discussion between the sage and the disciple about the non-happening of the issue in question and tells that the person would again approach for remedies!! This goes to show, not everything is revealed in the first reading itself and the person gets somewhat addicted to going to the NAdi reader every now and then.

From all this and from my own observation of many horoscopes, the following is what I have understood.

> Nadi astrology is best suited for finding out propitiations (pariharas) which no living human is capable of telling in such precise terms and I request the redaers to stop at just that. Because the purpose of Nadi wrtiters has not been to predict your future. It is purely an academic exercise by them in understanding more on astrology. They may not and need not delve on all issues with the same earnest.

> The vagueness connected with future predictions seem to indicate that it is not possible to predict what is coming out of sanchita karma. Perhaps only those indicated by prarabhdha karma are easy to predict. Infact the propitiations are more to do with sanchita karma (in which case it is possible to influence the results of sanchita karma)and not with prarabhda karma.

>The future at any time seems to be like what we encounter while playing a video game. At any given time, if we play smartly by bagging a + ve point, we just skip some hurdles, but would anyway land up at a place a little ahead, once again to face new hurdles. At every stage we have to play it deligently. Its not that I scored a point here and I can finish it well. The hurdles go on and sometimes if we click rightly, we may skip an entire game and get elevated to a higher game. Our life also goes on like this. Apart from the actions we do which take us to places, these propitiations too help us move ahead - may be upto a level, and not to the entire duration of our life. Nadi predictions must be taken in this way only.

> I have also noticed that those who have seen NAdi readings either become total addicts (and keep going back to the reader to see this or that chapter. Every time, the hurdles do not vanish completely is something they fail to accept) or become better persons with better realisation about their actions from then on. What I infer from this is that one must become aware of his actions and undersatnd that he/he must bear responsibilities for his/ her actions. Propitiations can help only to some extant.

Guest guest

Rightly Said,

Believe in yourself. if you understand God is in you. you won't go here and there.

that is the main purpose of life. its hard but its true and finally enjoying.

destiny and fate is when you close your eyes and walk. when you open your eyes then you see reality and operate.

Death never comes telling i am coming. as i read in preivious person writing that it is said that he will die as nadi tells.

how can death come telling you that i am coming if it is so you must be happy and ask death that give me happiness and reveal God then i shall surrender to you.you shall see happiness then real truth. see happiness in all. death will run. and finally if you have achieved your purpose of coming its good that you die you have accomplished your duties its not earthly duties. that is great warrior sign never get dis hearted. have full hope ask god pray him and ask him that you want to live. he will give. as its Gods world pray him he has all answers and he is very very kind to you always.he is not keeping stick and waiting to beat you he is with full of flowers to garland you and shall keep you in his lap. may be your job is done. nothing to worry about this body you will get another if you wish. that is truth.

Yes.

I also think that the sages, even if they have known the future happenings of the person who sees the nadi readings, would not be for revealing it. May be partly revealed to that extent needed to help the person to go ahead. If everything is revealed, that would have an impact on the actions of the person, like a tough person becoming mellowed and a vice versa, thereby creating new actions which would influence the predictions so far made.

There is story recorded by some astrologer of yore in which a person is doomed to die within a year and his friend predicted to gain a fortune. On knowing this prediction, the former became more charitable and god fearing thinking that his days are numbered. The latter became more careless, lazy and arrogant too thinking that anyway he is going to receive a fortune.

One day just before the completion of the stipulated time, when they were walking in a forest, the second person who was to receive a fortune indeed spotted a bag of gold and was happy to have got it. As they proceeded, a bear charged towards them. The second one in a hurry to escape,accidentally dropped the bag of gold and climbed a tree. The former one was not too quick to rush but in an instinct he just fell on the ground and feigned dead. The bear neared him but was attracted by the bag od gold.It then picked it up and ran into the deep forest. The one who was predicted to die, had overcome it and the other who was predicted to get a fortune, got it but lost it.

The two were too perplexed at the developments and went to see the same seer who predicted so. The seer had this to say. The kind of destiny for their cumulative karma was as predicted on that day they first came to see him. But their actions in the intervening period further influenced their cumulative karma in such a way that what they experienced after one year was again the result of cumulative karma until then.

Destiny is like a see-saw that is in motion always. It only depends on what we are and what we do.

It is as Lord Krishna says, 'karmani yeva adhikaarasthe'- we can influence only our actions. The result is not in our hands- its a cumulative one. This is also what William Blake reflects in Auguries of Innocence

To see a World in a Grain of Sand

And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,

Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand

And Eternity in an hour.

If we live as though only this moment is under our control and fashion our responses in a responsible way, future will be what we want it to be.

Guest guest

hi ,

please share your experiences with NADI ASTROLOGY.Does any body has information about anyone doing research on it and their results?

read nadi apr 2005 100 % correct pls tel your experiences

i read my nadi to Dorai Subbu Rathinam, Agastya Nadi in canada 16 march 2005, i don't no reading the palm leaves correct information are true.

pls tel me,

information nadi are true.

paranee

i am living in toronto canada

please mail to paranee@rogers.com

paranee

Guest guest

Hello there,

You are right, infact the very fact that so many people keep going to the nadi reader again and again, proves your point. I too went to a reader recently and again was told accurately about my past but only fair indication towards the future and again more accurate details were promised in the detailed pariharas.