IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mahak

birth of Death

Rate this topic

Haribol, readers, perhaps spiritual discussion can come about by initial story telling, so here goes. Thanx, JNdas, for the opportunity to share stories here.

The Birth of Death, by mahaksadasa 1999

In the beginning of time, the human beings lived in the clear air, and as their sustenamce, they moved within the air without

effort. The Earth was then made of pure honey, and, first a few, then many more, descended by the desire to taste the sweet

flavor. An addiction developed, and though they did not require the honey, they began to eat more and more. Gradually, the

human beings became too heavy to fly any more, and their wings fell off to become the world's mountains. These mountains

formed a crust over the Earth's surface as well as harnessed the clouds to deliver the rains and the seeds of vegetation.

When the last human had landed to fly no more, male and female forms began to develop as compatible with terrestrial living.

These forms developed desire for one another and were thus able to procreate the species.

Since at this time, the human beings were immortal, the increase of their kind created an unbearable situation for the Earth.

Hearing the cries of the humans on Her surface, the Earth approached Lord Brahma, the creator. Lord Brahma was perplexed,

and, finding no solution to the problem, He experianced great anger. This anger began to consume the entire cosmos with the

fires of annihilation, and Lord Brahma was thus satisfied.

Lord Shiva arrived and immediately bowed to Lord Brahma's feet, begging, "Be merciful, O Lord, do not destroy what You

have created."

Lord Brahma: "I have no mercy, just anger.

Lord Shiva: "If this were the case, I would not have come before You. Your whole creation is blasted with fire, please look

upon the human beings in another way."

Lord Brahma: "Mata Earth begged for help, crying pitiously, but I cannot solve Her problem. I know why She cries, She is

sinking in the Causal Ocean from the weight of Her people, but I have no solution."

Lord Shiva: "Then al creation is but ashes."

Lord Brahma: "I withdraw all anger and restore everything as before, but the problem remains, I have great doubt."

As Lord Shiva was about to leave, assured by the universal restoration, Lord Brahma noticed a being created by His six

senses, a woman with red eyes and tanned skin, brilliant in beauty and ornaments. Smiling pleasantly to the Two Lords, She

went her own way to the South.

Lord Brahma called out to Her, "Wait, Death. Kill all creatures, beginning with idiots and priests."

Death replied: "Never. It is cruel, go away from me."

She ran away, but Lord Brahma and Lord Shiva tolerated Her insistance, following her and persuading her, to no avail. Death

was allowed to wander the creation without taking any life for 100,277,000,008,000 years. Lord Brahma again appeared

before Her, Saying, "Death, I have not seen you for a moment, what are you doing?"

"I will never kill for You" was Her steadfast promise.

Lord Brahma looked at the winsome girl, and replied, "Then I must make them equal. You will not have to kill them, you will

never kill gods, demons or human beings. I now create greed, envy, anger, and shame, jealousy and passion. From Your tears,

I make war and disease. Do nothing, they will all come to You. You will not be the cause or the prevention of death, but You

must greet all who come to You well in their hour. They will kill themselves, and only fools will weep over what none can

avoid."

Upon hearing this solution to Lord Brahma's delimna, Lord Shiva began to dance, for until this time, though He had raised His

foot, He had never put it down.

Did you notice that there are some Scientific background to this story as well?

In the beginning of time, the human beings lived in the clear air, and as their sustenamce, they moved within the air without effort. The Earth was then made of pure honey, and, first a few, then many more, descended by the desire to taste the sweet flavor.

An addiction developed, and though they did not require the honey, they began to eat more and more. Gradually, the human beings became too heavy to fly any more, and their wings fell off to become the world's mountains. These mountains formed a crust over the Earth's surface as well as harnessed the clouds to deliver the rains and the seeds of vegetation.

To this point, Science have no idea where Life came from, but stories in Hindusm already explained that Life (including Humans) came from outside of Earth. Just days ago, I have read an interesting article that interestial objects from space like meteroites and comets do carry DNA and Life-building blocks.

Also, if you see from History, Life is not fully bloomed till Cambrian Explosion comes into place. An important element called Mitochondria had been produced and from it, all life on this world developed to what appears today. Maybe this Mitochondria is the "honey" the story had refers to, eh?

What is the source of this story?

The reason I am asking is the earth is potient enough to generate all kind of species and as such no one coming from out side.

Only the celestial being do visit the earth but they do not stay back as said in your story.

Or am I missing something here?