IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Religions on the Net

Rate this topic

I just did a couple searches on the internet to see what was the relative representation of different religions on the net. I used google to make the searches. These are the results for each word:

hinduism - 329,000 sites

hindu - 986,000 sites

buddhist - 834,000 sites

buddhism - 683,000 sites

Islam - 2,030,000 sites

Muslim - 1,260,000 sites

Christian - 10,800,000 sites

Christianity - 1,760,000 sites

Jewish - 3,110,000 sites

Judaism - 656,000 sites

Gita - 192,000 sites

Koran - 147,000 sites

Quran - 215,000 sites

Bible - 6,170,000 sites

Torah - 491,000 sites

Overall it seems Hinduism is the least represented among the major world religions.

I would guess the majority of Buddhist sites would be in Chinese, and thus their actual figures would be much higher.

Somewhat related (ie. religious statistics) here is an interesting web site I found several months ago:

www.adherents.com

Basically it is a site that tries to break out various statistics on religions in the world. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Gauracandra

I think Hindus, especially educated ones better get up and start representing their religion online.

Some of this sites could be run by Anti-Hindus also who use it to show wrong interpretations of Hindusm on the Net. That is a possibilities.

Guest guest

The main reason behind this is there are very few anti-Hindu sites on internet but in case of Islam and Christianity there are inmumerous anti-Islam and anti-Christian sites present on net. Most of the atheist sites are anti-Cjristian sites.

When we do Google search , it also counts anti-Islam and anti-Christian sites and hence increase there number.

But, i think we need more and more Hindu presence on Internet. Apart from Hindu sites, Hindus should take part in various religious forums as much as possible and project true soul of Hinduism.

This one is a nice forum...

http://www.christianforums.com/f76-non-christian-religion.html

Guest guest

>>But, i think we need more and more Hindu presence on Internet. Apart from Hindu sites, Hindus should take part in various religious forums as much as possible and project true soul of Hinduism.

to protect the soul of Hinduism, we should go deep into the society and raise them to Sanatana spiritually.Arguing in forums is not a must.in fact, it is futile.

Guest guest

Ofcourse that is revival within the society is necessary and is already happening silentely on a very large scale.

But presence on internet through sites and forums is also essential in today's world...I have seen the One nice reply to anti-Hindu comments can remove some misconceptions about hinduism among Hundred others visitng that forum. People don't understand but some foreign evils in the past have misrepresented Hinduism on a very large scale. eg, Effective Internet presence (sites) is the main reason, why awareness about the wrong Aryan Invasion theory formed by British has incresed to a very high level and mostly you will not find sensible people believing in it. Socholars world wide have rejected this theory, this reality should be affectively projected everywhere. There is growing awareness among non-hindus that Hinduism is not a polytheistic religion.

In a latest survey in america , they found 40% of american youth believes in Hindu basics like Karma , reincarnation, Yoga and mediation.

Guest guest

does anyone have a list of all the hindu forums online? It's hard to find Hindu forums outside of .. There are tons of forums for other religions, there must be more Hindu forums too. We need to get our forums to show up better in google search results, so people looking to learn and discuss can easily find them.

Guest guest

In a latest survey in america , they found 40% of american youth believes in Hindu basics like Karma , reincarnation, Yoga and mediation.

that is very cool to hear. I have met many young people in America who are interested in eastern metaphysical teachings on reincarnation and meditation. We need forums like this which will appeal to them to come and ask questions and learn. The younger generation is very internet savvy. And very easily influenced by this medium.

Guest guest

Ofcourse that is revival within the society is necessary and is already happening silentely on a very large scale.

But presence on internet through sites and forums is also essential in today's world...I have seen the One nice reply to anti-Hindu comments can remove some misconceptions about hinduism among Hundred others visitng that forum. People don't understand but some foreign evils in the past have misrepresented Hinduism on a very large scale. eg, Effective Internet presence (sites) is the main reason, why awareness about the wrong Aryan Invasion theory formed by British has incresed to a very high level and mostly you will not find sensible people believing in it. Socholars world wide have rejected this theory, this reality should be affectively projected everywhere. There is growing awareness among non-hindus that Hinduism is not a polytheistic religion.

Where was this study from? how large was the sample and who conducted it? In what areas was it conducted? What demographic?

whats the differnce between koran and quran?

Koran is how Europeans first thought they heard the way the word was being said. Later, when they developed some sophistication in writing how things sound, they wrote quran. Although, to be more exact, it should be qur'an.

K and q represent 2 similar but not identical sounds in Arabic.

o and u represent the sound of the Arabic letter u, which is said as o in some arabic dialects.

The mark ' represents a stop sort of like a hiccup.