IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Should Vaishnavism become a proselytizing faith?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Do you think it would be wise, if Vaishnavism became more like Christianity in the way it tries to attract converts! If vedic organizations could promote vaishnavism to christians by presenting it as something they're familiar with would that be ok? Or would that be diluting Gaudiya Vaishnavism? Some examples would be adding pews as a temple standard! There would be a separate room for bhajan and other activites without any pews! So basically two different services! A church-like service and then a traditional vedic service! If you don't understand I'll elaborate later! Adding a choir etc...So essentially taking some of the "INDIAN-NESS" out of Vaishnavism and accommodating Western(basically christian) culture! Also another thing would be having priest, gurus, swamis, etc. dress in a more formal way! I don't know if anyone has ever considered the point that westerners might find their dress a little informal or even odd! Another accommodation could be sunday services! Lastly, proselytizing is an affective way of gaining converts! TV and Media are important avenues to use to preach Vaishnavism to the masses! People can say what they want about christians, but they are extremely organized, and good at selling their product(Christianity)! They have Hollywood which relies heavily on Christian themes in almost every genre of movies geared towards western audiences! Of couse they also have TV channels that they proselytize and sell their religion convincingly 24/7! These are all good mediums to use to spread Krishna Consciousness! Please give me your opinion for ALL my suggestions above, thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Can you elaborate? Is all of it a bad idea or what part specifically is a bad idea?

Discuss

Guest guest

Vaisnavism is not a "product" that you "sell" to anyone. It is not some cheap tell sell sollution that you can offer to people. Also it is aparadha to spread the message to demoniac people, which would be the case when you air it 24/7 more than it is the case when you go out on the street with sankirtan, that is different. Also we should not change vaisnavism to accomodate western tradional values, since western traditional values are mostly demonic and materialistic.

Guest guest

I think there should be changes make to adapt to western society. If KC is to progress in the West.