IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I need help, fast!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i dont know what to do or what i have done wrong, I chant my rounds every day (16), i read sumtimes, i writght from the Bhagavad Gita so I can memorize it better, i only eat prasadam and and fast when i shall and so on..

and my problem is, i feel my krodha, i.e anger are constantly growing, it eats me from the inside out, and i feel it starting to intefere with my devotional service, what shall I do?

is this a test from Krsna or what? or shall i undergo a 44 day mantra disciplin with a anti-krodha mantra?

Please help!!!!

Guest guest

don't worry about these mantras and what not.....just keep chanting.

What kinds of things are making you angry? try to face these things and just think of krishna.

Guest guest

when i have atheists around me and those who eat meat, every one that doesnt care about God, I get angry at those who think God doesnt exist, I get angry at those o dont respect that im a Krsna devoutee, those who eat there meat near me and dont think and so forth.. im hiring a room at my mothers flat, and she is an meat eater and drinker and dont care about my faith, and when i have friends and devoutees over she lies and claims to be a shiva worshipper, shes the biggest reason for my anger, when she was a ´christian´ when i was a child she beat me every day in 6 years and thought me the way of ´christianity´, not to lie and hurt others, and shedoes everything agaisnt what she thaught me; she lies, , she eat meat and drink, she are egoistic and she slleps 15-16 hours a day, and when she lament over her pains i say to her that shes responsible for her pains and i dont fall for her lamenting like everbody else she gets angry at me and call me self-absorbed (egoistic), she never ask for forgivness when she offend me.. as you see she is the main thing for my anger, but mostly also those in my country that say they ´respect´ people with different ideas and religion, and still i have got beatin for my faith in Krsna..

this is what makes me angry!

Nrsimha protect me!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Oh Hi Prabhu,

You know like your mother I have a BOSS in my office who for no reason insults me - I am the best executive doing a perfect job, in devotion to Lord Shri Krishna and still this BOSS never likes me.

COOL - I am not this body, I am pure spirit soul, part and parcel of Lord Shri Krishna and all these INSULTS and ANGER cannot harm me - so why should I be bothered ? My Boss (again a separate material body) is inflicting those insults and anger on my body - not me ! Do you get my point?

I pray to His Holiness Prabhupada and Lord Shri Krishna to give you the strength to bear/tolerate these insults and may he bless you with the FIRM UNDERSTANDING that the insults are on your body and not YOU my dear Jivatma!

Haribol!

Guest guest

Look in the index of BG all you can find about anger and try to understand it.It mostly comes from our material desires(not fullfiled).Our devotional service is still mixed .Anger can come from much pita in the body-follow antipita diet...

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisance unto him!

I am also like you, prabhu where i get angry and really lose it. My single most problem right now for me is MY ANGER---I get very upset because of this as i feel my chanting and reading is all futile due to this anger.

But, at times like this, i just seek forgivemess for my anger and just ask Lord Krishna to show mercy and i continue chanting as sincere as possible so one day i dont shout or get angry.

I am saying this so you know you are not alone.

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

Oh, for Krishna's sake... This makes me really sad /images/graemlins/frown.gif Anger is often a justified emotion (think about Hanuman, for example).

It seems that you have many unresolved issues, e.g. the fact that you were physically (and emotionally, since the two go hand-in-hand) abused by your mother. Just as you take care of your physical health, you should also care for your subtle body (mind and intelligence). You might consider speaking to a professional, such as a therapist.

Do not feel guilty about your feelings.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

it feels good that you understand me, I got the devoutees at my Temple also that understands and support me, but it still hard, but i aint gonna go to a material therapist, I know that my anger is against asuric people, never in my Temple or with sadhu sanga..

so I should just pray and chant and the anger will go away?

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

As it says in the Vedic scriptures, a devotee should not associate with non-devotees, when ever possible. The BG also states that stay away from the crowd.

Thus you should not visit friends who are not devotees and you should move out of your mothers home, immediately.

It's good to live with the mother but only if she is good, in your case she is not good. As she insults you, you should immediately move out.

If you are not able to move out due to financial reasons. Then stay with her and totally ignore her. Be smart not dumb. Listen to what she says in one ear then let it leave through the other.

Just sit your room and chant and keep to yourself. Listen to the BG loud if you can, so she will hear too and maybe get purified.

It's not possible to make everyone into devotees, as everyone is not ready to be saved in this life. Some will have to wait for many more births.

Guest guest

I don't understand why you feel you should avoid non-devotee therapists? Do you avoid non-devotee physicians if you break your leg or an arm? Mind is a part of your material body, too.

In my opinion, we should avoid the elitist-attitude, "I'm better than those who don't chant." It is a symptom of false pride. In Krishna's eyes we are all equal.

Sometimes we fear most in others what we fear most in ourselves.

Guest guest

its true that non-sadhu sangha is harmfull for us, but its 2200km to my Temple, and as all know, people need association with sumone, isolation is never good, not for me anyways.. I hang out with a person thats open for Krsna, that I have made from first a flesh eater lover and a smoker, until he have been at my Temple and pujas, and himself had sadhu sangha, and tastes prasadam from Krsna, so now he has stoped smoking and have said that he can give up meat if sumone cook for him, wich i have told him i can do if i can offer it to Krsna first..

and the therapist thing is i dont wanna go because i know how they see us KC, they see us as brainwashed..

Guest guest

As I'm working in health care sector myself, I can guarantee you that today's therapists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, doctors, etc. respect an individual's values and religious choices. It would be unethical for a therapist to try to influence the client's worldviews instead of helping him/her adjust to this world while maintaining his/her own values. Of courses, I don't know which country you live in... The situation can be quite different in a developing country, where psychiatry does not receive proper funding.

Guest guest

Your help is in the mercy of Sri Sidhaswarupananda Parmahamsa Prabupad. There are free Meditation Classes all over the world. If you sincerely pray to Lord Nitiananda, he will arrange for you to meet him or his devotees. Haribol

Yes, i prefer the asociation of a pure devotee as Prabhupäda that know the complete process and cience from a point in phsycology I have heard that, he studied phsycology is it right anyways, in India?

He Master is the spititual cientists.

Guest guest

Im not an expert, but by getting angry at athiests arent you defeating the whole purpose? There is no need to get angry as long as you keep peace within yourself. Disbelief and questioning is all part of the process to freedom.