IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

why do good things happen to bad people???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

why do good things happen to bad people? Is there an answer to this besides Karma.

I am an university student, and i recently applied to medical schools. I have decent grades and good scores, but i was not accepted, despite my faith in Krishna.

While i was rejected, many people i know who eat meat, like to get drunk and take drugs, have illicet sex relations etc...got accepted.

I have never asked Krishna for anything, and I have been telling myself that He would help me because i have faith in Him.

I wasn't expecting to get in to the schools just because i chant and follow the regulative principles. I truly believed that Krishna would help during this time, so i dont know what to think now....

How can you explain this? And don't just tell me that my karma from 200 births ago was the reason. If i have to pay for what i did 200 years ago, then why do these other students not have to reap what they sow every single minute of there hellish existence.

I myself am in a similar situation to you. I graduated from one of the best universities, and have been unable to find a job. In the past I have not done anything wrong – (BUT I did eat meat- which I have given up for a while now) – but I never drank, I never took drugs, never engaged in the promiscuity (illicit sex) that all the other youth do. The irony of it all is, the people who have been satisfying their material senses to the fullest have been getting the greatest of success. They have very high paid jobs, they have a great social life, and they have “relationships and love life”…..they seem to be enjoying their life and are happy.

Being unemployed had got me down, and depressed….. I had self hatred of myself, and the people who I was envious of. “Life’s not fair” I kept thinking, and was in a dreadful state ever since. “My dreams had been shattered, life is terrible, I hate this world. Why me? Why always me? I am a nobody, I am jobless, socially retarded, my existence is pointless! There’s nothing to look forward to in the future” – these were my thoughts.

This was a point when I had no one to relate to, I felt isolated from society. I was disgusted with myself and everyone around me. What made it even more difficult was I have very few friends. I didn’t know where to turn, what to do, what to think.

I listened to music that I felt I could relate to, Heavy Metal and Hardcore Punk. Because they show anger, and isolation from society. I came across this Music called Straight Edge Punk, something I can relate to because its anti-alcohol, anti-promiscuity, anti-drugs.

However, listening to this only made me feel a bit more comfortable, not that happy really. I had to change my mind set. I was reading through religious texts, and seeing the world around me. I wanted to know what’s the meaning of my life. I have spent hours, days, weeks and months thinking about these issues. Here are some things I have come to realize:

1) Whatever happens to you is meant to happen. Be it your past karma or Krishna’s will. Whatever happens is for the best. In my heart I know THERE’S A GREATER PLAN!

2) Do not be effected by the people around you, JUST STAY CLOSE TO WHAT IS TRUE TO YOU!

3) OUR STRUGGLES ARE WHAT DEFINE US! Those who have fallen down, and show the will power to stand up again have the greatest of mental strength.

4) DO NOT have emotional attachment to the past. Its weakness.

5) PESERVERANCE – never give up hope.

6) Look at your position, and think about the people who are dying in Ethiopia kids being shot on the streets, hopeless people with no family, friends and homes.

Yeh what I wrote is lengthy, and probably out of the scope of the question, but I hope this can help you and I wanted to get it off my chest. As for getting into medical school, just don’t give up….just fight it. Even if you don’t get in after many attempts, there’s other career paths. Be happy with what you have and be strong. Krishna knows best…….accept what you have been given and work. Regardless of the outcomes, work and keep Krishna in your heart.

And remember this Kali Yuga, the corrupt people will be successful. They spread their unrighteous, liberalist attitudes all over the earth.

And Remember stay close to what is true to you.

"then why do these other students not have to reap what they sow every single minute of there hellish existence. "

I Promise you that these students will suffer, they will suffer in this life and the next.

When they hit their 30s they will suffer a mid life crisis, they would have felt the effects of their meat eating, alcohol and drugs through their detoriation of their health. They will suffer the pain. AND then their promiscuity, and many relationships - they will feel the pain and trauma of divorce, breaking up of relationships...they will cry.

Material happiness is only temporary. Even if they are rich, they wont be happy. ive noticed that the richest of people are actually the unhappiest, they only put on a fake smile and in reality their money brings no real happiness.

Guest guest

thanks for your advice...I guess i have no choice but to deal with this situation. I have not lost my faith, and i will continue to hold it through rought times.

I'm starting to believe what the scriptures say about Kali Yuga also....good things will continue to happen to bad people.

Just have to keep the faith.

Guest guest

If you had got the job or a place in the medical school or wahtever. Then you would be hiped up and become materialist and thus eventually become a demon.

You were saved by Krishna.

Only those who are poor or unfortante are interested in Krishna consciousess, not those who are rich or hiped up.

Many times Krishna will test your loyalty. Most people fail the test.

You should accept whatever that happens to you, good or bad. When you strive for something then you suffer as not all your desires can be fully full-filed.

Service Krishna without any motive. Asking Krishna for a job or a medical place is not serving krishna but your senses and lust.

Guest guest

so if i did get accepted, i would become materialistic?

i was in the mindset that if i did get accepted, it be Krishna's mercy also. I attribute every good thing that happens to me to Krishna.

Maybe this unfortunate circumstance was my test....i guess i have to apply again and see where Krishna takes me