IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

swaminarayan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

jai swaminarayan,

for all u fools who talk smack about swaminarayan...go ahead...most of ur data is wrong....if u really want to know about swaminarayan bhagwan...why dont u go visit a BAPS (dont go to another swaminarayan sanstha...BAPS will give u the best answer) mandir which are located thruout the us and the whole world....go and talk to the saints over there so u can clear up ur stupid theories about swaminarayan bhagwan being some guru or w/e....

jai swaminarayan

p.s. swaminarayan was born in Chappiya...near ayodhya...not in ayodhya...he later moved there at a young age....GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT.!!!!

Guest guest

Jai shree krishna

Jai shree swaminarayan.

I am a pure swmainarayan follower. I follow the movement that swaminarayan himself setup and not the concocted movement called BAPS.

You only need to visit the temples built by swaminaryaan himself and compare them with the BAPS temples. There is a big difference. Lord Krishna is always in the center of the temples built by swaminarayan, as he is the supreme, as stated in the sikhsapatri.

BAPS is a bogus movement, don't follow them.

I worship only Lord Krishna as stated in the sikhsapatri.

Swaminarayan was a Guru, not God.

The Paramatma – Shree Krishna who is supreme, Parabrahman, Bhagwan or Purushottam and who is the cause of all manifestations is the Lord of us all. He is to be worshipped for final redemption. (Swaminarayan, 108)

All human beings on this Earth shall worship him [Lord Krishna] knowing that there is no other way for ultimate redemption than devotion to him. (Swaminarayan, 113)

Guest guest

Personally, I feel that the BAPS movement is a little too materialistic, and they have removed Krishna as the star attraction...

Their shikshapatri clearly states that one should worship Krishna for ultimate liberation, yet thet discard this...Dunno...

Guest guest

even though the shikshapatri may state to worship lord krishna...at the time it was written, bhagwan swaminarayan was not as popular....he needed to attract follwers and therefore wrote it as shri krishna...if u went out claiming u were supreme god, would people believe u....and for all of u who are in other swaminarayan sampradayas, i have switched over to the baps side b/c i have found it is the true side of swaminarayan w/o the corruption and everything in other sampradays...email me if u want to talk more at psm1921@gmail.com

jai shree krishna

jai swaminarayan

even though the shikshapatri may state to worship lord krishna...at the time it was written bhagwan swaminarayan was not as popular....he needed to attract follwers and therefore wrote it as shri krishna

Is that why you Worship Krishna in SwamiNarayana temples? Come on where are you getting this from. I am sure your Gurudeva is not saying this. Don't make things up just to win an argument, Shikshpatri clearly states Krishna should be worshipped, if your truely following SwamiNarayana then you would be doing this. I am sure you are, maybe you need to re-consider what you said. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Guest guest

i am a true swaminarayan follower in the baps faith. i may be young and thats why i may have miswrote what i am thinking so for that, i apologize. Swaminarayan bhagwan clearly states in the vachanamrut that he is the true lord, the supreme lord. moreover, if you go to a baps temple near your area, you may understand what i am trying to get at. just talk to one of the santos or i'll ask this saturday or sunday when i go to mandir. there, i will get your answer and put it in clear words.

jai swaminrayan

Shikshpatri, so your saying your own scripture is telling lies? Krishna is not Supreme? And why do you not follow Bhagavatam? Like the rest of the Sampradayas, every Bona-fide Sampradaya reads Bhagavatam, and Bhagavad-gita, why do you not? These are questions which you should be asking yourself. I believe Swami-Narayana to be a devotee, that is where your getting the devtion from [you know exactly waht I mean] Please don't mistake Guru for God, otherwise you will create the greatest blunder in your spiritual life. Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

Jai shree krishna.

In Kali Yuga there will be many Bogus Gurus and false God claims. Only accept the authorized Vedic scriptures and not man made scriptures.

Swaminarayan was a Guru, not God.

BAPS is a bogus organization out to destroy dharma as they reject Krishna as the supreme.

Guest guest

If BAPS were to be bogus, how come it’s the fastest growing Swaminarayan sect and probably the fastest growing Hindu Sect?

How can BAPS build creations such as the new Delhi Akshardham? Mandir built in 9 MONTHS; entire Akshardham built in 5 YEARS. A record. Check it: http://www.akshardham.com/

Can such a project be done by any other organization? I'm afraid not. Only because God works thru the 'satpurush' Pramukh Swami Maharaj, is the reason for all this.

Pramukh Swami Maharaj possess all 30 attributes of Akshar. These qualities can be seen after one initial glance of bliss experienced thru his eyes. Can these attributes be found in anyone else? Can bliss be experienced so greatly? I'm afraid not!

Swaminarayan Bhagwan is the ultimate reality; there is plenty of proof and evidence of this. When Swaminarayan uses the word ‘Krishna’ in the Shikshapatri he is clearly referring to himself. Obviously he did not use his own name for many reasons. First, he wrote the book. Secondly, Krishna was extremely popular and it would seem awkward. Thirdly, Krishna in Sanskrit can also be derived to mean ‘God’.

Has Krishna Bhagwan said in his own words “I am God and no other is beyond myself”?

Swaminarayan is as spiritual as Jain’s. Swaminarayan is in no way or aspect materialistic; rather followers of Krishna would be considered materialistic.

Guest guest

"When Swaminarayan uses the word ‘Krishna’ in the Shikshapatri he is clearly referring to himself."

No, it means me. I am God, not anyone else. Krishna means me, Joe Bloggs.

This is the most stupidest arguement one can make.

Krishna was a person who declared himself and proved he was God. All the Vedic scriptures back this up.

The swaminarayan scriptures are not part of the VEdic scriptures and they are man made, bogus.

Anyone can claim to be God, but who can actually prove it? Can swaminarayan lift a mountain for 7 days, expand his body into 16,108 forms, make and sun rise and set at his will. Krishna did.

Islam is the fastest growing religion, dos this mean it's from God. Deos god like creating terrorists?

In Kali Yuga, as predicted, there will be so many bogus Gurus and organizations. BAPS is one of them.

Krishna is the only God.

Guest guest

BAPS is simply making the ignorant Hindus more ignorant of Krishna. That's all.

Follow the scriptures, not bogus Gurus.

The Bhagavad-gita is the essence of all Vedic scriptures.

"Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My transcendental nature and My supreme dominion over all that be." (Lord Krishna Bg 9.23)

Before 300 years ago, there was no swaminarayan. Did everyone who lived before 300 years ago, go to hell not knowing God. Or are those who have created another God are going to hell for neglecting the real God, Lord Krishna.

Guest guest

"When Swaminarayan uses the word ‘Krishna’ in the

Shikshapatri he is clearly referring to himself."

I am that God, not swaminarayan, my name is Ashok. I am God. I will force my followers to write out checks for thousands and build beautiful temples and deny Krishna his position as the supreme. People in Kali Yuga are so dumb, they will easily follow me.

Guest guest

In Kali Yuga, people are so dumb such that so many fake Gurus will claim to be God, and millions will accept them.

So I don't want to be left out. My name is John Smith. I am the only God.

So follow me. Krishna in the BG, really means me, John Smith. The writters of the BG, made a siple mistake. Instead of John Smith, they wrote Krishna.

In all the Vedic scriptures it states that Krishna is the supreme. There is one slight mistake, they just got my name wrong, it should be John Smith.

"Whatever a man may sacrifice to other gods, O son of Kunti, is really meant for Me alone, but it is offered without true understanding." (John Smith, BG 9.23)

"I am the only enjoyer and the only object of sacrifice. Those who do not recognize My true transcendental nature fall down." (John Smith, BG 9.24)

Guest guest

Is this the only argument you can pose? "ohh, Krishna means John".

Krishna is God because he performed miracles. Well, so did Swaminarayan. Swaminarayan performs miracles today, THE DELHI AKSHARDHAM.

You are just ignorant and jealous of the Swaminarayan sect; not able to understand the greatness and reality of Swaminarayan himself.

Does hare-krishna have a Guru exactly compariable to PRAMUKH SWAMI MAHARAJ? I clearly doubt it.

If Krishna were the supreme God then, then who is the perfect guru who exhibits every command and wish of Krishna today??

"Does hare-krishna have a Guru exactly compariable to PRAMUKH SWAMI MAHARAJ? I clearly doubt it."

Sanatam dharma is based on the Vedic scriptures like the Bhagavad-gita, and not the Vachnamrut which was not even written by Swaminarayan. The Vedic scriptures are eternal and were delivered by God directly at creation, not 300 years ago.

ISKCON is only based on Gurus who follow and teach from the Vedic scriptures, so it does not have a Guru like Pramukh Swami who does not preach from the authorized Vedic scriptures nor the Sikhsapatri. Pramukh Swami is not even part of the original movement created by Swaminarayan (vadtal movement). If Swaminarayan were to come back to life today, he would take darshan at a Vadtal movement temple and not any BAPS temple.

Srila Prabhipada is the founder of ISKCON, he is the only Indian Guru who has been able to make the westerners not just into first class devotees but first class preachers of Sanatan Dharma. He has a following of millions who are mostly non-Indians. The Swaminarayan movement is only making the ignorant hindus into it's followers, mostly Gujaratis, as Pramukh Swami is a Gujarati himself.

Building temples, whether ISKCON or Swaminarayan is good but the Vedic scriptures must be followed otherwise it's just a pretty building which even the atheist can build. The Taj Mahal is more beautiful than any temple, but was it built with God's blessing? It is a building signifying a man's lust for his wife.

So just because beautiful buildings are built within a short span of time, it does not mean it has the blessings of God. God satisfies the desires of the devotees and the demons.

Swaminarayan himself worshipped and stated that Krishna is the Lord of us all in the Sikhsapatri. The hare-krishna followers are following the Sikhsapatri perfectly and thus are more loyal to swaminarayan than BAPS, which is not following the Sikhsapatri.

Ravana, Kans, and heranakashipur were very powerful who had built beautiful cities with the wealth they had pondered. They achieved more material opulence than BAPS. But it did not come with God's blessings. Lord Krishna descended and kill them all.

The Vachnamrut does not say to ignore Krishna, but this is what BAPS is doing. The message of the Sikhsapatri is simple, worship and serve Lord Krishna. That is what the hare krishas are doing. Unfortunately BAPS is not.

“My followers who shall observe strictly the rules of the ethics as prescribed by the scriptures shall derive happiness here and hereafter; and those who want only transgress them and behave willfully shall suffer great distress here and in the life hereafter.” Shree Swaminarayan.

“One Should observe the codes of the Shikshapatri at any cost” Pramukh Swami Maharaj.

Who is God?

The Paramatma – Shree Krishna who is supreme, Parabrahman, Bhagwan or Purushottam and who is the cause of all manifestations is the Lord of us all. He is to be worshipped for final redemption. (108)

Who Should We Worship?

All human beings on this Earth shall worship him [Lord Krishna] knowing that there is no other way for ultimate redemption than devotion to him. (113)

None shall practice devotion to Shree Krishna while disregarding religious tenets nor shall he give up the worship of Shri Krishna for fear of calumny by the ignorant. (39)

Who Should We Meditate Upon?

I meditate in my heart on Shree Krishna, Brindavan’s gay divine player on left is Radha and in whose bosom dwells Lakshmi (1)

Lord Krishna, his incarnations and his idols alone are to be meditated upon, but a human being or a deva even though he may be a devotee or knower of Brahman shall never be resorted to as an object of meditation. (115)

Who Should We Sing To?

All my followers shall go to the temple every evening and there they shall sing loudly songs in praise of Lord Krishna, the beloved of Radha. (63)

Who Should We Offer Food To?

They shall then offer food to God and take prasad only from the offered dish. Thus, in a spirit of supreme love and dedication they should serve Shree Krishna. (58)

Those votaries shall never drink water or eat roots, fruits or like without offering the same to Shree Krishna. (60)

Which Deity Should We Worship?

They shall worship Shri Krishna’s idol made of either stone or metal or a shaligram with offerings procurable within ones own means, and then chant his holy name. (56)

What Should We Do at the Beginning of Each Day?

They shall then reverently bow down to the images of Radha and Krishna and chant the holy name of the lord in accordance with their usual and normal procedures, only, after which they should start their daily routines. (54)

All my disciples shall awake before sunrise and after meditating on Shree Krishna shall proceed to discharge their bowels. (49)

Who Should We Give Donations To?

My disciples shall give in donation one tenth of their income or food grains, if that be their agricultural income, in the service of Lord Krishna. Those with insufficient means shall donate one-twentieth of their income, either in kind or money. (147)

Should A Wife Serve Her Husband?

The female followers shall serve their husbands, be they blind or ailing or poor or impotent in the manner in which they worship and serve God; and under no circumstances shall they speak harshly to them. (159)

The Final Prayer of Shree Swaminarayan

May Lord Shree Krishna, the destroyer of all miseries of his devotees, the defender of Dharma and Bhakti and the giver of all cherished objects, spread his goodness and glory every where. (212)

Guest guest

baps is the true sanstha.

swaminarayan is supreme.

he came on this earth and transformed the lives of thousands. today, bapa is transforming the lives by the millions.

many of u are to dense and brainwashed to comprehend the true message of swaminarayan. do any of u realize how materialistic iskcon is? and with ur stupid pseudonyms like john and such, how mush stupider can u get. i am sorry to say, but all of u fools have been destroyed. u r misleading millions and i am sorry to say, u guys r truly lost. not the swaminarayan faith.

`Swaminarayan himself worshipped and stated that Krishna is the Lord of us all in the Sikhsapatri. The hare-krishna followers are following the Sikhsapatri perfectly and thus are more loyal to swaminarayan than BAPS, which is not following the Sikhsapatri.`

Good point Prabhu, I like to add that thier is only one Avatara of Godhead mentioned in the sastras. [bhagavatam] The 'yellowish incarnation' Golden Aavatara. Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu, who came 500 years ago.!

Swami-Narayanas state that He {SM} is mentioned in the Sastras, though it cannot actually be verified he was Godhead, besides this fact thier own scripture states to worship Krishna, so all round misintrepretation. Anyway

going on the first part, about Incarnation, Sastra says that 'The Aavatara' already came. So already on this point we can conclude that Swami-Narayana was NOT Godhead.

Jai shree krishna.

Baps was not set-up by Swaminaryan, so don't call yourself a follower of Swaminaryan.

The Vadtal swaminarayan movement is the original swaminarayan movement and thus only they are the real followers of swaminarayan, not BAPS. Which has deviated from the orignal teachings of Swaminarayan.

We don't reject swaminarayan, we are actually standing up for Swaminarayan. We follow his teachings 100%, the Sikhsapatri. Which states Krishna is the supreme and only he should be worshipped.

Guest guest

ok then ur not a swaminarayan becuase clearly u dont read the vachanamrut where maharaj has stated that he is purna purushottam, and if Vadtal swmainarayan followed swaminarayan 100% then i'm sure the sex scandals wudnt come up on a double page in the gujrat samachar with a sadhu and a prostitue together, and also a sadhu carrying out murders? may i also mention the acharya of the vadtal used ot work in a bank as a cashier?? so how can u make him a guru over night? his son also eats meat does not do his daily puja and also endulges in worldly acts like clubbing so dont say u are the true followers of swaminarayan, to this date i have not read anything crossing the lines of BAPS to the extent to whih vadtal gadi has, we have differentiated because of these scandals, u may like to cover ur sadhus acts with dust but its still in people's minds so first follow the niyam of bhagwan swaminarayan before you try to claim his words that krishna is supreme. and another point is that if u claim that swmainarayan scriptures are man made then are u telling me that the bhagvat is god made? did krishna write it himself i'm sure he didnt, and also you claim that the veda's are also not man made but didnt ved vyas write them?? so in what right do u people make the asumpition that we cannot follow the vachanamrut? it was written by the highest paramhanas of the swaminarayan sect. what sant do u have that has written over 10,000 bhajans? so please keep ur comments for urself because u dont even know how to follow ur own scriptures, according to the vaishnav tradition Virat narayan is the highest form of god he should be ur purna purushottam, so all i can say is people belive ur own faiths and have true belife in what u belive in i'm not trying to convert but i am trying to make u understand that making accusations onto the swaminarayan faith is not right, also what really ticks me of is vadtal bad mouthing BAPS when the sex scandals are on their side and they try to claim baps is fake, so vadtal sort ur selfs out, sort ur sadhus out and finally sort ur acharya's out, maharaj has written that an acharya is ot be appointed on certain conditions, didnt ur sect make a 3 year old child a guru 3 generations back? ok thats when things went wrong when u didnt know how to follow the strictest of niyams u fall behind.

Guest guest

Pramukh Swami is a bogus guru and you fools worship him like God...For what? Nice Temples and lots of followers donating big bucks??

BAPS is a bogus movement..Please take your silly argument to another forum!

Hare Krishna!

Sanatan Dharma is based on the Vedic scriptures like the Bhagavad-gita, Srimad Bhagvatam, the 18 Puranas, the 108 Upanishads and the 4 Vedas.

The Bhagavad-gita is the essence of all Vedic knowledge.

The Vachanamrut is not part of the Vedic scriptures. So you can follow your Vachanamrut but you cannot call your self a Hindu sect as you don't follow the Vedic scriptures.

The Vedic knowledge was given to Lord Brahma by Lord Vishnu at creation, trillions of years and not just 300 years ago.

Principles of religion are laid down in the Vedas, and any discrepancy in the matter of properly executing the rules of the Vedas makes one irreligious. In the Bhagavatam it is stated that such principles are the laws of the Lord. Only the Lord can manufacture a system of religion. The Vedas are also accepted as originally spoken by the Lord Himself to Brahma, from within his heart. Therefore, the principles of dharma, or religion, are the direct orders of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. These principles are clearly indicated throughout the Bhagavad-gita.

The swaminarayan movement denies the authority of the Vedic scriptures and thus it should be rejected by those who want to follow sanatan dharma, the eternal religion.

“One who executes his duties according to my injunction and who follows this teaching faithfully, without envy, becomes free from the bondage of fruitive actions. But those who, out of envy, disregard these teachings and do not practice them regularly, are to be considered bereft of all knowledge, befooled, and doomed to ignorance and bondage.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 3.31-32)