IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Evan

Found your site while seaching for shelter updates

Rate this topic

I've listened to shelter for years now and was searching for any updates about the band when I found this website. (Thanks for the shelter references)

I do have a question, I listened to the teachings on the shelter albums, have read some articles and parts of a book about krishna consciousness

I think there is alot of good in the krishna movement but It never quite "clicked" for me. On the flip side I did not grow up in a christian home but when I heard some christian teachings- things made sense and "clicked".

My question- was there something that persuaded you to follow the krishna movement over the bible based teachings of christianity? (I'm assuming people have a some bible knowledge)

I know it is said that you can be a christian and still have krishna consciousness- but I'm not sure if that is possible.

Thanks

There is no Christian God or Krishna Consciousness God, or Muslim God, or even Hindu God. God is One. When Jesus Christ says 'Nobody goes thru God except Thru me' then you listen to what He is saying. Follow His teachings. If He says that you goto Krishna Consciousness, and let's be honest only here can you find out about God [Further advancement]. Further means, knowing Gods activities. Why be Sectarian? If you can find out more about God, and you know it to be true. Then Krishna Consciounsess is absolutely right.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

If you want to know who Jesus's father is then you have to come to the hare krishnas.

The Bible does not answer the question 'Who exactly is God?"

The Bible cannot answer why some are born diseased in their one and only life. As there is no concept of karma or reincarnation.

How can you kill a mother who gives us nourishing food (milk) for life (cows)? The Bible is merciless by saying animals are food. The Vedic scriptures are merciful, even the killing of an ant is a great sin.

If you want to remain in darkenss and not know God then continue, but if you really want to know and see God, then become KC.

To your question- "Was there something that persuaded you to follow the Krishna movement over the bible based teachings of Christianity?" Evan, I would hate to put doubts in your mind, but when you see so many contradictions http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html or cruelty, violence, injustice in what is a holy book, http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

why would I want to follow Christianity? One would not want to live the rest of ones life made on feelings (clicking or not), but rather choices on convictions. Christians claim ‘Jesus is the only way’. Thus all non-Christians go to hell. Before 2000 years ago there was no Jesus, no Christianity. Did the millions of humans who lived before 2000 years ago live in ignorance and went to hell, as they did not follow Christianity, as it did not exist?

Biblically, In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word (OM) was God. (John 1:1). The imperishable sound is the seed of all that exists. The past, the present, the future. All are but the unfolding of OM. I am the object of knowledge, the sacred syllable OM, and the Vedas. (B-Gita 7.10) said Krishna. Devotion implies love to a personal God and complete surrender to Him. This is the path that commands the strongest approval of Krishna. He says: "Have your mind in Me, be devoted to Me, to Me shall you come...Though I am unborn, the changeless Self...to save the good and destroy evil doers, to establish the right, I am born from time to time."

Jesus taught the way to Godhead, did miracles and even said "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:11-13)" Can a follower do things greater than god! That is, if Jesus was god. If Jesus was God then why did he declare himself as the Son of God? Why did he say “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone” (Mark 10.8)

When Jesus was asked if he had anything to declare he said “Only my father who is in my heart”. There is only one scripture where a person declares himself to be present in the heart. "I am the Supersoul, seated in the hearts of all living entities” (Krishna, B-Gita 10.20) One can understand me as I am, as the supreme personality of Godhead, only by devotional service. And when, by such devotion, one is fully conscious of me, one can enter into the kingdom of God." (Krishna, B-Gita 18.55) You may want to read this conversation with Srila Prabhupada and Father Emmanuel

http://religion.krishna.org/Articles/2000/09/00107.html Or

http://www.prabhupadavani.org/Conversations/Text/039.html discussing when Jesus said, Our Father whom art in heaven hallowed be thy name, the name of God was Krishna. I rejoice in this revelation of truth, and I am truly grateful and now a proud Hindu. Conversion to Hinduism was only as difficult as my resistance was to the truth, but never, ever has it been regrettable.

Haribol! All glories to Srila Prabhupada. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done. Hare Krishna.