IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Seeking devotees of Jagad Guru - a husband would be nice too :)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol

I am a fairly new devotee to Krishna and dedicated to offering service to Him and to Siddaswarupananda Paramahamsa as my Guru.

I am 26 and always seeking to learn more about Krishna and pray to Him everyday to be engaged in his service. I am not perfect, but I am clean living and mostly follow the regulative principles (caffeine is still a little bit of an issue) and I love Krishna very deeply and sincerely.

If it is Krishna's will that I have a husband I would always aim to serve him as I believe that a good wife should and to have a spiritual relationship and would love to have children.

I hope that this may lead me to being able to talk to other followers of Jagad Guru, male or female, wherever you are in the world.

Guest guest

There is no need to serve mortals. Don't get married and suffer. Your husband may change for the worse, and not let you practice KC. It could destroy your life. You're young, do not waste your life on marriage and relationships. They are for ordinary people, not for vaishnavas.

BTW: Where are you from and how did you become interested in Krishna? Did your family influence you in any way? Have you been practicing for long? Do tell, if it doesn't make you uncomfortable.

Guest guest

Awww.. I do still really want a husband and children so much. I have been taught that if your husband is a good devotee that to serve him is pleasing to Krishna. I will not let anyone distract me from Krishna, which is why it is so important that I find a devotee of my Guru.

In answer to your questions I have been interested in KC for a short time, about 6 months, I had a wonderful realisation and have spent the time since reading and praying, which was how I was led to my Guru. I sincerely believe that it is my time to get to know Krishna. No, my family did not influence me, my mother is a bit fundamentalist christian. I used to study Buddhism and meditation when I was younger and am pretty familiar with the Bible, as well as various religious beliefs which follow this line, although I found them all very unsatisfying.

Guest guest

Your best bet would be to go to Hawaii and find your Godbrothers or Godbrothers to be.

Guest guest

Unless it is Krishna's will in the nearer future I doubt I will be going to Hawaii while I am still young enough to get married (I am actually in Australia). I already have my direction to go in for the immediate future, and am pretty devoid of material possessions.

Guest guest

Surely, there must be heaps of temples in Australia where you can get in touch with pure devotees? Anyway, I wish you luck.

I personally believe it would definitely help if you can associate with other KC believers and experience Krishna's love daily. If you can marry someone who beliefs are similar to yours and someone whom can perfect you to KC, would certainly help you too. Some helpful sites that could help you are:

http://youth.rupa.com/gdc/index.jsp

http://www.vedicmarriage.com/

http://www.shaadi.com/