IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
BruzWayne

In love with Gisselle

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna devotees. I've been outside of yoga for many days, however a few days ago I did a kirtana and read Bhagavad-gita and did at least one japa round and also had vegetarian food (prashadam) again.

The situation is that somehow since many months ago I feel that I am in love with a very beautiful woman called Gisselle. She is so lovely, her eyes are very nice and her lips are irresistible and the way she walks makes me feel in love with her. I'd like to invite her out and tell her that I like her and I love her and that I would like her to become my girlfriend and then get married with her, you know, in order to start a family and travel and shar a lifetime together and of course kiss her everyday and make love with her and give her flowers as well.

Nevertheless, Chapter 2 Verses 62-63 of Bhagavad-gita state that while watching or beholding the objects of the senses the living entity gets attached to them and fron such attachment lust arises, and then anger comes, and then bewilderment of memory and then loss of intelligence and then illusion and then one falls down again into the materia cycles of birth and death.

In other words, I know that if I surrender unto the beauty of Gisselle eventually I'm going to become angry for different reasons, basically lust and the sense of possesiveness, and then I'll forget about yoga completely and things will go out of control.

So I better forget about this silly emotion and go back to my chanting Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

Therefore I'm not going to call Gisselle on the phone and I will never tell her that I love her. So when I see her again I'll just have to swallow this emotion and pretend that I don't love her and try to keep chanting maha mantras.

The only thing that hurts is the possibility that some fool will kiss her and marry her while I had to renunciate to love her because of Krishna Consciousness.

Well, I hope I can handle properly this pain of loving Gisselle every day.

Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

We have many partners even in this life, and what to speak of in all our millions of births.

So don't get attached to anyone, as know-one is ours permanently. Even in this life, we change girslfriends and wives (divorced etc..).

This Gisselle is maya trying to bind you to material life for another million years.

Gisselle has had millions of partners before you and she will have millions after you. So why does it hurt you if she has someone else in this life?

When you don't know there are no worries, when you know why do you worry?

Don't mistake a Hare Krishna' s life for false renuouncing.

In this age nobody (very rarely) can fully detach from sex life, we do not falsely renounce anything. That is not Krishna Consciousness. I would say, become Giselle's "guru" and teach her about Krishna Consciousness as Srila Prabhupada taught. Engage your senses and do not try to falsely renounce and be a "show bottle" devotee.

Better to be a humble devotee struggling with sex life, and living up to proper house holder life in Krishna Consciousness. Than to be a Charlitan Brahmacari Brahmana in the temple.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Guest. Your reply is very smart. Indeed it is maya, Krishna's illusory energy, which is making me blind.

Usually when I see a very beautiful woman I practice a mind exercise that consists on visualizing her heart and then watching two sparks inside, one is Vishnu -The Supersoul- and the other spark is the individual living entity localized for a while within that temporary female material body.

This mind exercise has worked well heping me to avoid lust taking control over me. So far so good, that's why I'm still single and have never married before even though my present material body is 39 years old.

Nevertheless, for some unknown reason, said mind execise doesn't seem to be enough in order to avoid attraction towards the living entity inside of the temporary female material body called Gisselle.

Maybe is time for me to get married, finally, and start a family or maybe is time for me to chant 33 japa rounds in a row, because my best record is chanting 32 japa rounds in one day.

On the other hand, why does it hurt me if she gets married with somebody else in this life? I think the answer is either Pride, Selfishness, Vanity, Egoism or just Envy.

Or it can be just attachment to sense gratification.

Or it can be that I see in her the type of woman that I would like to become the mother of my children.

Only Krishna knows what's the catch with this attraction for Gisselle.

Hare Krishna, guest and thank you for your wise answer.

Why I worry about her? Because I care about her. So let's see what will happen between us. Maybe nothing, maybe some spiritual friendship, I don't know.

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

I must see Vishnu inside of her heart.

Hari bol.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna, Protectacow.

What you say is true, dealing with sex life is very difficult during our present age -kali yuga,- because every where we can see advertising related to sex displaying sensual pictures of exiting women.

Therefore, getting married with Gisslelle would be great if she and I would like to engage into the regulative principles of bhakti yoga in KC, especially those that say that first of all man and woman get married through the fire ceremony and then the married couple commit to make love only by following the steps according to religious principles:

1) With the purpose of creating a child.

2) Five days after menstruation period has finished.

3) After both wife and husband have chanted 50 japa rounds each of them on that day.

4) Upon having received the permit of the couple's spiritual master.

5) During certain hours of the early morning that are auspiscious for children procreation.

6) Without the use of any anti-conceptive method.

For Krishna said in Bhagavad-gita that He is sex energy when sex is performed according to religious principles.

So it would be great if Gisselle and I could follow the steps mentioned above during a long long honeymoon, say for example in Paris, France or in India in the territory where Krishna married Rukmini, was it Matura, Dvaraka, Vrindavana, or Navadipa? I don't remember the place.

Well, this way it would be truly great, if ever.

Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

Since there is nothing official yet between she and I, except for a light friendship, you know...

"Hi, how are you, this and this and that, ok, good bye"

...Well, because of that, I might somehow not behave properly doing all the yoga that I should be doing and even sing the blues somewhere just in order to pretend to keep up emotions under control.

Sometimes we are not a perfect person... and the reason could be love.

Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

most people have to get married eventually. we should not give up the quest for detachment, but for 99% people, lifelong celibacy is not an option. i say that having lived in ISKCON asramas for some years. even for those who choose that life, living with other sadhus is a must.

instead of becoming falsely renounced, we should find out what our actual level is, and pick it up from there. for most men, that means getting married, getting a job, and having children. there is no way to avoid this unless we are actually very advanced.

of course, getting trained as a brahmacari is an invaluable experience, and can be very blissful. but at a certain point we have to decide whether we want to do that life long or not.

so my advice would be to search out a life long partner, one who you can teach about KC. that would be great--and if they're sincere, they'll love you for it.

thanks, jpd

Hare Krishna jagatpurush2,

Your comment is right, 99% of people take marriage as an option, including Swami Prabhupada who was married for some years, and Lord Caitanya who married twice, and Arjuna who was married with Draupadi, and of course Lord Sri Krishna who married Rukmini.

On the other hand a very few persons do not get married like JesusChrist or some saints or some yogis as well.

Since Krishna is the Supreme Controller, it is His will that determines which persons will belong to the 1% of lifetime loners.

Therefore your advise is clever, searching out a life long partner in order to share KC together is a good idea.

Well, I've had a few girlfriends in the past and so far it has been Krishna's will that marriage hasn't happened yet with any of them. Something is telling me that Gisselle won't be the exception, unless, of course, somehow, Krishna determines that getting married with Gisselle is allowed for me if such is Krishna's will.

Therefore let there be Krishna's will be done regarding this affair. He is the Master and His commands must be obeyed and accepted, independently of our own desires.

Hare Krishna.

Hare Krishna.

Well, I finally called her in order to invite her out to go with me for some singing in a karaoke, however Gisselle didn't accept my invitation in two different times. Therefore I understand that she is not at all interested in sharing some time with me.

After feeling for awhile in disillusion I remember that Krishna is the Supreme Controller of everything and therefore it was His will that this emotional affair didn't find a way.

That's ok for me. I realize that I will have to look for another woman giving time to time.

Well, next subject.

Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

It isn't easy to overcome maya, it is extremely powerful. But you're doing it quite successfully, meaning Krishna has already blessed you.

Aum ShreeVishave Namah

it really frustrates me, your sorry-tale. Seems that you seemed to be stupified by the sex attack, mate!

Love is unconditional and eternal, so the feelings that you had were just raw lust and nothing else. Or at the most intoxicating infatuation, unimaginably far far away from the pious realms of platonic Love.

From your expression, it is seems that your attraction is on physical level, lips, eyes etc. Its gross. Take care, its dangerous!

Take holy care or all these dolls can steal your intelligence away; what to talk about pure bhakti?

Well mate, you just failed in one of the tests, but take care; get yourself stronger!

Otherwise forget serving, you may find even hard to remember Who ShreeKrshn is!

Thank ShreeKrshn, he saved your hungry soul!

Hari Aum Tat Sat

Guest guest

please excuse me, I am just learning - but please explain this to me:

"the married couple commit to make love only by following the steps according to religious principles:

1) With the purpose of creating a child.

2) Five days after menstruation period has finished.

3) After both wife and husband have chanted 50 japa rounds each of them on that day.

4) Upon having received the permit of the couple's spiritual master.

5) During certain hours of the early morning that are auspiscious for children procreation.

6) Without the use of any anti-conceptive method."

It is my understanding that within this spiritual following a couple is to only have sex once a month in order to conceive a child. The above states that you may only have sex on the 5th day after menstruation. Given that conception is virtually impossible for the average woman at that point in her cycle (given that most women ovulate on day 14) why on earth is this day the one she must try on? Is there a spirtual reason for this precise day? Seems to me that any woman trying to get pregnant would have a very,very long road ahead of her! Though I suppose it goes without saying that any children conceived are most certainly "meant to be" given the unlikeliness of their conception at such a point in the cycle! LOL

Guest guest

ha, just realized my stupidity. 5 days after her bleeding stops is approx day 12 of the cycle, not day 5 (since day 1 of the cycle is the day she starts bleeding), so she has plenty of luck conceiving! Whoops! LOL

Guest guest

i doubt your calculation...

Garbhadana

Garbhadana is a rite in which a woman receives semen ejaculated by her husband. The proper time for conception is from the fifth to the sixteenth night after every menstrual cycle (monthly course) of the wife. So this Samskara is performed o n the first 16 nights after the first menses following marriage. But the first four, 11th and 13th nights are excluded. o ne who wishes that a male child to be born to him, should have intercourse with his wife o n the nights with an even number i.e. 6,8,10,12,14,18 and o ne who desires a female child o n the odd numbered nights i.e. 5,7,9,15. o nly nights are prescribed for intercourse and daytime is prohibited.

A son conceived o n the fourth becomes short-lived and without wealth. A girl conceived o n the fifth begets female children o nly. A son conceived o n the sixth becomes mediocre. A girl conceived o n the seventh becomes barren. A son conceived o n the eighth night becomes prosperous. If the conception takes place o n the ninth night, as auspicious woman is born. A son conceived o n the tenth night becomes wise. A girl resulted from the intercourse o n eleventh night becomes an irreligious woman. A son conceived o n the 12th night becomes a best man, o n the 13th night an adulteress woman is born o n the 14th a religious son is born and o n the 15th a daughter who will be a mother of many sons and devoted to her husband is born. If conception takes place o n the 16th, a learned and auspicious son is born. The eighth, 12th, 14th and 15th days of lunar month are prohibited for conception. A person who observed this rule is considered to be ever a Brahmachari.

In the Garbhadana ritual, ghee and charu (prepared from rice) are offered to the deities Prajapathi and Vishnu. The ritualistic fire is named Marutha. Then chanting manthras, the juice of Ashwagandha or durva is instilled into the right nostril of the wife by the husband. In the night the couple should have intercourse o n a cot, which is in good condition. To beget the child having desired qualities and for successful conception, this Samskara is necessary.

Guest guest

your prior calculation is correct..

yes, there is a spiritual or at the laest methaphysical reasons for that...

the calculation starts after the end of the bleeding...

however there ain't a contradiction...

Guest guest

are you fee from maya...

why sometimes?

you are always in maya...prabhupada said...

maya comes as a beautiful butterfly... maya comes like pride of being austere...krsna consciousness is beyond attraction or disgust...