IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Parabrahman

The Chant

Rate this topic

i havent posted on here in a very long while..... i stopped practicing it because eveything in the religion seemed so..... unrealistic and totally defies the laws of science..... now idk about that anymore but.... i realized i just seemed a lot happier when i was in this religion and practicing it... i never fully left it i always think about it and dont totally disclaim it but i dont know what to belive.... the way the chant makes me feel is so incredible..... its like nothing can make me sad at that point in time.... nothing can phaze my mind.... and i just realized that when i deided to chant a little for the first time in a while....

Guest guest

Please tell us more, in detail. About this, will be helpful for everybody including me. How did it take place, who inspired you, etc. Everything you can THINK of. Gaurabol!!

i have been in knowledge so far about the propagation of the hare krsna maha mantra in so many ways then now is such an specific issue, so as when we start the chant our hearts started also to be as cleaner etc.. and then there the cience became defined.

Definitly Krsna himself as the backbone surce of the transcendetal vibration make and spires us by the way in the chant.. i mean Father and Mother of creation.

I was curioous about also the expirience takes us betond here or there an just situating us on the plane of service. I do think this make self a clear understanding of Whom we are.

This morning I do receive more coments about this from thought for today program of devotee Shankarsan Das Adhikari. so let us have a read.

____

Is Science Scientific?

Real science means observation and experiment. In Vedic terminology observation is jnana and experiment is vijnana. If what we call science is

mere theory based on observations without practical experimental demonstration, then it is not real science. It is pseudo science. In many cases what is today touted as science is not.

I one time attended a scientific meeting at the University of Florida. A famous scientist came to the campus to explain to a large gathering of over 3,000 science teachers and students how there are black holes in outerspace. The lights were dimmed. A hushed silence fell over the crowd as he projected images of outer space on a large screen to show us the reality of the black holes.

Then the lights came up and he opened the floor for questions. Question after question demonstrated the mood of the audience. They accepted his every word as gospel.

Then I raised my hand. I asked, "Is what you are presenting a theory or a Fact?" He answered, "I think it's a fact." A few more questions came in, and then I got another chance.

"Throughout the history of modern science we've seen that one theory becomes prominent for some time, and then finally is replaced by another theory. How do we

know that your theory will not be replaced by another theory?"

He replied, "I hope it is, because then we will be making progress."

I was quite amazed that just moments before we were told that black holes were a fact, and then we were being told that the "fact" of their existence was indeed nothing more than a conjecture. Their existence was just a theory that will eventually be replaced by another theory. In other

words we couldn't be absolutely sure that they factually existed, but for the time being until proven otherwise we should accept them as factual.

Within five minutes the esteemed scientist had completely contradicted himself.

And I am being told by such scientifically minded people that the person Krishna, who I can directly perceive with senses purified by process of chanting Hare Krishna, is a myth as if Krishna's existence is not a scientific reality, that it is simply a belief.

If the modern scientists want me to accept them as genuine scientists they must be able to practically demonstrate the truth of their theories. I don't believe in religious fanaticism under any label. If they want me

to accept them as scientists they must actually be scientific. They must be able to prove by practical demonstration the truth of their theories.

They say that life comes from matter. So let them prove it by practical demonstration. Let them take some dead matter and produce from it a living thing. So far they have not done so. Trust no future, however pleasant.

Why should I blindly assume that in the future they will be able to do so? Is this science?

There may be black holes in outer space or there may not be black holes in outer space, but we can clearly see that the methodology being touted nowadays as science is full of black holes (ohh). Until they can back up with

practical results the veracity of their theories we shall hanker for the day when science comes out of the Dark Ages into the age of Enlightenment.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

___

Enjoy !