IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

donate books?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i am in posession of a large book collection including a complete set of srimad bhagavatam and chataynya carmrita compleate one volume edition two or three gitas and many books from the achayas of the vishnavas of hare krishna books. where is the best place to donate these? the local temple has dozens that are becoming dry rot and are never touched, so i refuse to get then the books as they will remain unused and abused like the rest.

would a prison mission be the best?

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Wonder why you want to part with such a precious possession. In any case if you have to donate then public libraries are the best option. But if you live in an area where there is a temple then chances are that the library has already been provided with a set. Prison also seems like a good idea.

Hare Krishna.

Radhey Radhey.

Guest guest

i am a christian i have no problems with your religion but i have read your gita and a few small books, as far as i am consered you guys are going to be in heaven or as you call it gokolocka with the good christians that do gods will and don't forget him, like your faith prescribes.

i guess i am a bit universalist but you faith is not much different them mine but i dont exactaly follow the bible to a tee eather.

We fully respect Jesus Christ as Guru or spiritual master, as did Srila Prabhupada. Lately I have more reverence for Jesus Christ which is refreshing for me. It takes time to know 'other' peoples faiths. But like you said really we just following the same sort of path. Christians and Vaishnavas are very much alike. I appreciate your kind hearted words/