IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
neophyte

neophyte for life

Rate this topic

Haribol!!

I just wanna hear from all you devotees the thoughts that inspire you the most, especially through times of difficulty and doubt. What aspects of KC do you think about to make you firm again?

I am young and my will is weak. Especially with summer around the corner all I can think about is calling up some old friends and go cruising, clubbing, drinking & chasing girls. Sometimes I feel so depressed, that I have no attraction for Krishna and so much attraction for material life. I sometimes wish that I never learnt the truth like .. plug me back into the matrix/images/graemlins/cool.gif. I cannot enjoy material life because I know it’s not real, and at the same time, I totally suck at KC. Anyone ever feel like this? It’s like aaaagggghhhhhh!!!! Just leave me alone MAYA!!! Its easy if your living in the temple or in India or something, but when you have to live outside in the real world its not so easy to be a devotee. For me anyway. I know I will never make it back to Godhead in this lifetime, so might as well give up trying whats the point lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

The thoughts you have are in everyones mind. It's called material life.

People are mad after sense gratification. When a person considers sense gratification the aim of life, he certainly becomes mad after a materialistic life style and engages in all kinds of sinful activity.

It’s not easy to give up a materialist and lusty life style, which most people are engaged in. Controlling the senses is like controlling the wind, which is very difficult. But when you realize that if you waste this rare human birth then you will have to go through the evolutionary process of transmigrating from one body to the next for millions of births before you get another chance of human birth, then it becomes a little easy.

Please read 'Human birth is Rare - don't waste it' at

www.gitamrta.org/humanbirth.htm

Also listen to the BG in 5 languages. Listening to the BG can help you control the senses.

Going to a party and eating meat/drinking is for those with a lower taste which untimately leads to a hellish life even in this life. Going to a temple, chanting and eating parsadam is higher taste. Which leads to Krishnaloka.

Hare Krishna

please accept my dandavat pranam

Dear prabhu, most of us here are neophytes in similiar boat. Here are some things that help me reject my mental feelings that i am worthless:

Chaitanya-Charitamrta Madhya 29-30

Nityananda Prabhu requested everyone to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chant His glories and utter His name. Nityananda Prabhu claimed that person to be His life and soul who rendered devotional service unto Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. In this way, Srila Nityananda Prabhu introduced the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to everyone without discrimination. Even though the people were fallen souls and blasphemers, they were delivered by this process.

From Srila Vrndavan Dasa Thakur's Sri Nityanandastakam (Eight beautiful verses glorifying Lord Nityananda)

5. I worship Lord Nityananda, the unlimited root of the tree of devotional service. He went to each and every house and raised His arms saying, "O, brothers! If you will, please constantly chant the holy name of Lord Hari! If you do this, you will become free from the ocean of birth and death in the material world. Please give this gift of your liberation to Me."

(please read this for some of the beautiful glories of Lord Nityananda.)

From Thakur Bhakivinode's Jaiva-Dharma Chapter 16:

The independent jiva is a beloved servant of Krsna, and thus Krsna is kind and compassionate towards him. Seeing the misfortune of the jiva, as he misuses his independence and becomes attached to maya, He chases after him, weeping and weeping, and appears in the material world to deliver him. Sri Krsna, the ocean of compassion, His heart melting with mercy for the jivas, manifests His acintya-lila in the material world, thinking that His appearance will enable the jiva to see His nectarean pastimes. However, the jiva does not understand the truth about Krsna's pastimes, even after being showered by so much mercy, so Krsna then descends in Sri Navadvipa in the form of guru. He personally describes the supreme process of chanting His name, form, qualities and pastimes, and personally instructs and inspires the jivas to take to this path by practicing it Himself. Baba, how can you accuse Krsna of being at fault in any way when He is so merciful? His mercy is unlimited, but our misfortune is lamentable.

One can say that this is only a selfish kind of thinking, a sort of self-glorification but when i see that the Lord has been accompanying me since time immemorial as the SuperSoul then there must be something.

And in reply to:

What aspects of KC do you think about to make you firm again?

i would say sometimes the above, at other times the fact that i have absolutely no other option. I have been "tricked" into this position and there is no way out, and i have to tread this path.

I know I will never make it back to Godhead in this lifetime, so might as well give up trying whats the point lol

We have no choice but to in this very lifetime; Krishna has decided to drag us there.

I know exactly how you feel, and I know how frustrating it is too. Actually what you said was kind of shocking to me, because it sounds so bad but it rings so true.

" sometimes wish that I never learnt the truth like .. plug me back into the matrix. I cannot enjoy material life because I know it’s not real, and at the same time, I totally suck at KC."

Like I said I totally know how that feels. I was raised Catholic, so when I was still Catholic I would feel very guilty, and wish that I never learned about any of this Christ and God stuff. Then it turned to anger I guess you could say. Then I did a lot of soul searching, eventually landing on the KC religion. But like you said, it's a constant battle, one that I'm not sure I'll ever win.

" Especially with summer around the corner all I can think about is calling up some old friends and go cruising, clubbing, drinking & chasing girls."

--where's the problem in taking an hour and a half from your activities and chanting 16 mahamantra rounds?

Maya does his job, and you make your main job as Krsna devotee...

"Its easy if your living in the temple or in India or something, but when you have to live outside in the real world its not so easy to be a devotee"

--Krsna consciousness is for everyone, Arjuna is a Ksatrya and Prabhupada is a Vaisya until age of 65. Brahmins are only one of the four social classes and India is only one country, not the world. Krsna consciousness is universal..

"For me anyway. I know I will never make it back to Godhead in this lifetime"

--that's not our business, to come back to godhead depends exclusively by krsna..

our duty is only to chant hare krsna and surrender to a pure spiritual master

Haribol!

Don't give up KC, just try not to expect too much of yourself ..

I first recieved a copy of B.G when I was 18 and tried reading it but did not get very far with it.

I read it all the way through when I was in mid mid 20's, and although I agreed with so much of it I felt there was no way I could follow even the 4 regs being a meat eating alcohol drinking, smoking, and genrally lustful rascal, let alone do meditation. I may have chanted the mahamantra once or twice and that was it! I felt I was too impure to follow.

I suddenly turned to K.C at the age of 39, after becoming interested in meditation and metaphysics, and dug out my old copy of the B.Gita.

I am still an ignorant neophyte at the age of 40, but very interested in K.C and fairly determined to make at least a little progress.

My journey to KC has been tortoise like, but somehow I have feel made some little progress.

Don't give up, just keep practicing in some way or other, you may eventually develop a taste for it again as you mature!

My humble obeisances and best wishes

Mark

Guest guest

Hari Bol

sory it's first time am using this so i made a mistake in sending the first post.

am a neophyte too. n i have no attraction for Krishna...

i think u shud nt wory..

i have been worrying a lot cos i dnt feel anythg for Krishna. i was thinking wen will i love him ?wen will taht happen? but then srila prabhupada said one cannot undrstand Krishna thru mental speculation or arguments.. Krishna revealed himself only to those who love him. n bcos we dnt feel anythg for him we shud chant in hope that we'l love Him

Krishna said in this age ther is no alternative ( 3 times) other than chanting.

so y wory ? y think?? we shud act. we shud chant..

dnt wory.. 4get zat ur nt attracted to HIM. 4get zat ur attracted to the material world. stop thinking abt attration 4 krishna or 4 the material world... just act. so let's chant n be happy..

i hope this helps..

Hare Krishna..