IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Lord Rama Non Vegetarian?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

Lord Rama is said to enjoy meat according to the greatest epic Ramayan (Ayodha Kandam, 20, 26, 94th Chapters). The people who are on way of Spiritual attainment or involved in any kind of Sadhana restrict themselves to pure & satvik food (onions & garlics are also forbidden), since purification process starts from food (Aahar Shuddhi). Can the experts explain how Lord Rama inspite of being a non-vegetarian maintain the satvik vritti & be free from all the six shadripus? Forgive me if my query is absurd.

Aum ShreeVishnave Namah

Yes Kaustubh, your query is surely absurd and disgusting, but i dont't have the authority to forgive you.

FIRST OF ALL, TELL ME, WHO 'ATE' NON VEG.?

GROSS BODY or SUBTLE MIND or SUBTLE INTELLECT?

I'm not concerned with what Lord did. Becuase He is not a gross body like we think we are. He is also not subtle mind. And He is even beyond subtler intellect. So tell me now, if at all He consumed it, who consumed it...Gross senses? Subtle mind (through gross senses)? or Subtle intellect (through subtle mind)?

Look Kaustubh, its very easy to find faults with anything in this world. Unless your heart and vision is pure, you'd always find faults with others. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. I mean, how could you think such a disgusting stuff? Are you a Hindu? This is so shameful to you, man?

Even if you come across such rather . stuff, you must not waste your thought energy for all this rogue!

Sorry for being rather outspoken but yeah, I mean it. Dont waste your time, thinking about such soulless stuff!

Hari Aum Tat Sat

Guest guest

Rama never ate meat. In some translations they translated royal food or good food to mean meat and this is where the confusion comes in. Upon leaving he did said he would subsist on roots,fruits and tubers.

Forgive the people who take offense a lot of them think that everyone is out to belittle the religion and sometimes when someone with a genuine query comes along they just get bunched with people that are trying to put down the religion. No question is absurd or disgusting if it is genuine.

Guest guest

You BETTER be concerned with what Lord Rama did because he came here to teach by example. That is why people say do as Krsna said and Rama did.

Aum ShreeVishnave Namah

In reply to,

============================================================

You BETTER be concerned with what Lord Rama did because he came here to teach by example. That is why people say do as Krsna said and Rama did.

============================================================

If i really wasn't concerned, i'd perhaps not have bothered to reply to such a disgusting post!

Its only HIS unconditional Grace that anone could ever be concerened.

What i meant when i wrote that 'i'm not concered', is that, i'm not concered as to what HE does, the action are immaterial and most certianly not His Intention. Amongst His seemingly different Actions, veils His ever-the-same Intention i.e. Causeless Mercy and Love for everyone. So please, buddy, don't get me wrong! THEY ARE ONE!

Hari Aum Tat Sat

Guest guest

The whole point is, Lord Rama came to teach by example. Saying you are not concerned by what he does because the underlying intention is not reflected in the physical action is a complete non-issue. Suppose you go to school the motive of the teacher's action of teaching is to get money, does your knowing the movtive of the teacher's action mean that you should not be concerned with what the teacher is teaching?? Hardly.. They are completely orthogonal issues. That is why it IS important to know what Rama did actionwise and not just what his intentions are. How he reacted to circumstances, how he treated people, he is the living example of dharma for the everyday person. This is what people draw upon when they come to crossroads in their own life. So if someone looks to Rama as his role model and then someone tells them that he eats meat obviously they would be disturbed, their beliefs are shaken, but they want to know the truth, since they look to someone for guidance and that person now appears to be different from what they thought they now have to do some investigation into the matter to find out if they made any wrong conclusions in their thinking. What is wrong with that? Everyone is on the path sir, don't belittle anyone's question they are only trying to make their way.

"To look upon all beings as myself and to shape one's conduct torwards them accordingly, THAT is the best method of worship:

Sri Krsna to Uddhava

Guest guest

Jay Shree Ram,

Indeed my query was absurd & irrelevant. A shudra like me has no right whatsoever to know about the eating habbits of the Supreme Lord. An person like me should be given severe bashing for putting up such a nonsense query. From today no more reading of Ayodha Kandam (or for that matter any book which wrongly gives the negative picture of our loving Lord.), just keep chanting the sweet name of our beloved Hari. Jay Shree Ram Regards, Kaustubh

Guest guest

is to judge you or the nature of your questions. telling off may be good for children. we are all His children and such radical response to questions about the Lord is simply lack of humility.

Best wishes

TS

Aum ShreeVishnave Namah

In reply to:

what a Proud person is speaking..! Beware!!

==================================================

Hey 'gusest', please be clear as to what you mean to say! It seems, out of some reason, you're trying allude an alarm against me. God knows whats in your head.

I'd have appreaciated rather a more reason-based remark/answer than an alluded allegation!

But thanks for a poke, anyway.

Hari Aum Tat Sat

Aum ShreeVishnave Namah

Its great that you've taken that rather outspoken reply from me, in a positive manner. I appreciate that. The way in which you've replied back suggests that you seem to have taken it rather positively and picked only things that're good. I confess, the reply was rather not the most nicest, so far as the nature treating the question is concerened, but you seem to have taken it positively. Congratulations!

But your decision to stop reading Ayodhya Kaand or other such 'contradictory' Scriptures, is something that I'd discourage you to proceed with.

*PLEASE, DON'T STOP READING...

Look, when the road is rough and you're still marching towards your destination, you simply have to put on some shoes. You can't stop marching ahead. Simply paint your intellect with Love for Krsn and thus give its original color. You can't stop reading such Sine-Qua-Non Scriptures. I'd feel the guilt if you stop to do so.

* SEEK A GOD-REALIZED GURU IN A DISCIPLIC WAY...

Whenever any such question arises, rather posting such important questions on such post where anyone can just write anything and 'program' your mind, you must seek the refuge of a GOD-REALIZED GURU. And request Him to satisfy you by asking in a disciplic manner rather than in a defying or an argumentative way. That could be a solution. Please don't stop reading.

While learning in our school days, we're always asked to learn under some guidance. Just think how important than does it become to do so when you're learning the science of SOUL. You must do under some real SADGURU. Take care, man.

And yeah, definitely you can keep, forever, chanting the SWEET NAME OF THE LORD.

Hari Aum Tat Sat

Guest guest

Jay Shree Ram,

Thanks Sir, for giving me such a wonderful advice. I wont stop reading the traditional Scriptures, but rather leave the interpretations & actual meaning of the verses & shlokas etc.. to a Sadguru, where i can learn at his feet. And Sir please dont feel the guilt, because i know a true devotee of Lord wont hurt anyone, as he resides in devotee's heart.

Hare Krishna

Aum ShreeVishnave Namah

First of all, thanks a lot, for continuing with Reading. And yes, you can address me either a Sir or a devotee. The choice is yours. If you ask me, I'd say you address me an othewise orphan, Adopted, Loved and Nurtured by ShriKrsn.

Thanks again, for a wise decision.

Namo Naaraayan

Hari Aum Tat Sat

Guest guest

hi

I dont know why you people behave as God fear.When book is saying he has eaten meat, then he has eaten. According to our hindus, Kshatriyas are free from sin of eating meat, hunting animals. Isn't it? So Ram was Kshatriya and he had done those actions. On words of Sita he went to Catch Deer and so he thrown arrow on it. When he thrown arrow, he was only aware that it was deer. So what does that mean? Ram was ready to hunt deer. Well primarily in hindu religion only Brahmins are disciplined, but others are free from certain things. Well this Ramayana, Mahabharatha are great epics. Definitely supreme GOD( whoever it is) is greater than hindu religion, other religions, Rama, Krishna and any being. He is definitely supreme. When my intellect can query a false hood on some thing, then supreme is not that thing. Because Supreme is one who is greater than our intellect. If eating meat is not so good stuff, then he definitely it is not the part of supreme. However we can see the knowledge in Geetha, that we are just like puppets in this world drama to do our role. And we can only make ourself pure and have higher intellect to reach the supreme. So Ram, Krishna though considered as supreme by someone but they are puppets, been bound to do certain actions. Puppets, I mean been bound to do certain actions.

What I mean is we should not bind to bakthi all the time, and consider ourselves as unworth to speak against Ram, Krishna or any divine epics. When we grow up , we should grow up fairly and broadly, not narrowing our intellect to certain things. But have to remember that GOD, Supreme is higher to all. And when our direction is towards broadness, having moral values then we are definitely in divine and towards supreme being.

thnks

xyz

Guest guest

I offer my humble obeisances to Srila Prabhupada.

To xyz,

Hey why are you so foolish. In this hare-krishna.org, below H.D.G. Srila Prabhupada what is your nonsense? You don't have any right to enter this place. Prabhupada once said for people like you,"Fools tread where Angles fear to enter."

First become a Devotee not a Chandala. Chant and Hear Mahamantra daily. Read all of Srila Prabhupada's books. Then speak. Don't behave like Rascal.

Hare Krishna.

Always your servant,

Narender.

Guest guest

Please let me tell u that u r terribly mistaken. Lord Ram never ate meat. And even before killing the deer, he knew that it was a demonic maya. Just because of the pestering of mother sita, he went to attack it.

For ur proof, Manu smritis clearly state that the twice born men should never eat meat, onions, garlic, etc. Now, twice born doesnt mean just brahmins. It means kshatriyas and vaishyas also.

Hare krishna

Guest guest

godseed, for one who 'sits at the feet of the absolute' you sure talk agressive ... it is not offensive for anyone to ask if Rama ate meat, seeing it can be written in some Ramayana's etc and warriors are allowed to eat some meat, to get into the fighting spirit etc etc .. also Rama hunting etc, the pastimes of the Lord are not easy to understand. Hunting is allowed for warriors, for them to practice and also it can be done to lower the population of wild agressive animals in the forest, for sages reside in the forest. Also, eating meat does not mean eating the cow.

it is possible bhima and arjuna ate meat, i am not sure, but i have heard some devotees say this, but i can't be sure about that, but if they did, it was only to prepare for battle, they would not of eaten meat on a daily basics.

prephaps some devotee who knows about these matters can give some input here.

Guest guest

This is so shameful to you, man?

Yes, I've written this for you. This was just a query by Mr Kaustubh. Why can't you accept the truth. He has not said that if Rama ate non-veg then it's wrong. It is not. Everybody has a right to know the truth. And it's there in history.

The only point is, if Rama could eat non-veg then who changed the rules for Hindus. It does mean only one thing that the rules are not always right. And there is nothing wrong in eating non-veg. There can not be more than one GOD in this world. If eating non-veg is a crime then it should be crime for everybody in this world. Don't impose your stupid rules Mr. X. Rules cannot be decided according to Geographical area...

Take it easy, u follow ur traditions and let us break the rules...:-)

Rama was great, whatever he did is also great, I don't mind if he ate some non-veg...

Guest guest

You know what, u have put my words in forum. These all stupid rules for Hindus are governed by Brahmins (no offence meant, it's there BreadNButter). They have done whatever they like, they think that they are nearer to God then anybody else, so that they can charge you some money (DAKSHINA) for all the stupid things they do.

Guest guest

Most so-called Brahmans are thieves that's why the Vedic culture is a minority in the world today.

According to the Bhagavad-gita, a person becomes a Brahman if he has the qualifications, not simply being born in a Brahman family.

Don't give them anything.

Guest guest

Jay Shree Raam,

I read that the animals Lord Raam 'hunted' in the forest were sent directly to the heavens and here we still are with how many more births to go?.... No such comment would stem from scriptures.

Guest guest

dear Ramji never consumed non-veg food...can u pls tell me whr hv u read or whom hv u heard frm...coz this is absurd...