IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Max_

My friend tried to hang himself

Rate this topic

My friend told me that he tried to hang himself, but stopped at the last minute, deciding that he wanted to live. Then he told me when he does want to die he is going to commit suicide. I told him he should talk to a professional about his problem, but he refuses. I don't know what to do. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

According to the Vedic scriptures, those who commit suicide will regret doing so as in their next life they will suffer even more.

A person suffers because of his bad karma, he must face the reactions. If he refuses to face the reactions, thus suffering by commiting suicide. He will build even more bad karma which will recsult in even more suffering in the next life.

So accept the reactions of this karma and suffer. Also surrender onto Lord Krishna and some of his bad karma will be burned to ashes.

Listen to the Bhagavad-gita at www.gitamrta.org

Also read the glory of gita www.gitamrta.org/gloryofgita.htm

One who listens with faith the Bhagavad-gita, all his sins can be burned to ashes.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

You should try to help come to his senses. Suicide will only make things worse.

Coming to KC will help him, but one has to explain the principles of KC. He cannot understand himself as he is feeling suicidal. His mind is flickering and unstable. One has to help him to make his mind stable and stop the flickering (thought of 'shall I kill myself or not').

Kamlesh Patel

Gitamrta.org

Guest guest

If the problem is money:

Tell him there are millions who living on the streets, does he live on the street? No then he is far better of then the millions who live on the streets. Tell him those who live on the street are satisfied with the street. So why is he not satisfied with the house he has?

If it's woman:

There are plenty of fish in the sea. Why lament over one woman who is probably not worthy of him.

The partner we have now is not the only one we have had, even in this life. So why get so attached to this one? Before this life we had millions of partners and after this life we will have millions of partners. So why get so attached to this one? Let her go and fish after something better. There is plenty of fish in the sea, some waiting to be caught just by him.

There are millions of people who suffer in the world. Is he worst off them all of them? He should consider himself very fortunate since he is far better off then millions of others.

Guest guest

Hari Bol

(Tell him there are millions who living on the streets, does he live on the street? No then he is far better of then the millions who live on the streets. Tell him those who live on the street are satisfied with the street. So why is he not satisfied with the house he has)

If everybody develops an attitude like that then there will be millions and millions of helpless dying on the streets.Instead we need to reach out with love and compassion.Getting over a relationship is difficult and it takes time to heal and krishna will give u the stregnth to overcome these difficulties so Patience is required.Chanting and reading the scriptures also helps a lot.