IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
amit1

new here

Rate this topic

Hari bol!

I'm very happy to have found this forum because I've been looking for a place to communicate with other devotees. To see you all discussing about Krishna is truly a great thing.

After studying the scriptures and vaishnav philosophy I can't help but wonder why we have not tried to take it to the political level. Shouldn't we take the advice of the vedic scriptures when it comes to how government should function and be structured? Shouldn't those with power be enlightened people with full knowledge of religion and morality (qualified brahmins and kshatriyas)? Obviously none of this is the case in any country, but I believe it is our duty to promote the vedic ideology in a political and religious sense, for the sake of humanity.

Jai Sri Krishna!

Prabhupada last wish.

To establish The Varnasharama system, social order.

Right now its not very organized because as we can see the Sudra caste have taken over. There are not many qualified Brahmanas leading the population. I think it may take some time for things to roll on. Remember Prabhupada established Krishna Consciousness in the West just some 30 years ago..

Please DONOT USE KRISHNA'S name for the problems we are facing in our day today's political system

And never ever say that sudras have taken over the political plateform.

Please tell me who is sudra as per srimadbhagwadgita

AND if you feel that it is HE who HAS TAKEN BIRTH IN A SO CALLED SUDRA FAMILY ...THE CLASSIFICATION MADE BY PEOPLE LIKE US TO RUN THE SOCITY AND OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM..

Please follow the mahamantra of KRISHNA which says that no one is a born brahmin or sudra ...it is only our karma , our deeds ,which makes us a true brahmin or a sudrs

tell me if a person is ruling the country is a khastriya or sudra

according to gita the personwho is a ruler and perfoms his duty well ias a true khastriya

and if by bchance some wrong persons has taken over the ruler's plateform... then why WE BLAME IT TO OTHERS IT IS OUR OWN FAULT AND WE ARE WEAK BEACAUSE WE BLAME OTHERS FOR BACKWARDNESS IN THE SOCITY AND NOT TO OURSELVES

WE ARE TO BE BLAMED IF WE FEEL THAT WE ARE BRAMINS ..WHO FLOWS THE RIGHT KNOWLEDGE IN THE MINDS OF PUBLIC AND A TRUE BRAHMIN IS WHO SERVES THE NATION BY GIVING KNOWLEDGE TO EVERYONE AND NOT TO SELECTED PEOPLE OF THE SOCITY

read srimadbhagwadgita once again and MEDITATE FOR EVERY WORD YOU WOULD KNOW YOURSELF ..NEVER SAYS IT IS SUDRA WHO ARE TO BE BLAMED ...PLEASE CORRECT YOURSELF ACCORDING TO THE TEACHINGS OF LORD KRISHNA

ASHWANI

VISIT MY WEBSITE IF YOU UNDERSTAND HINDI LANGUAGE AND DOWNLOAD SIMPLE TRANSLATION OF SRIMADBHAGWADGITA IN AUDIO AS WELL AS TEXT www.audiohindi.com/www.childplanet.com

Guest guest

Hare Krishna"Jaya Srila Prabhupada"

why carnt we all get along like brothers and sisters ?instead of picking the differences in theis material nature.we must remember that Krishna is the only perfect not us.Its not nice to judge any one that is the lord Sri Krishna's postion.Be nice dont judge.Take Care Hare Krishna!

Its not really blame. Leaders means? One who leads. Also to accept Bona-fide spiritual master.

The main purpose of Bhagavad-gita As It Is is satisfying Vishnu.

"O King, when I remember the wonderful form of Lord Krsna, I am struck with even greater wonder, and I rejoice again and again."Bg.18.77

Hare Krishna, amit1. Your wish is nice, if this planet would be ruled by Krishna Consciousness (KC)leaders then everything would be better. Actually, by reading Srimad Bhagavatam we can learn that many years ago the main political leaders of the world were KC people, like Maharaja Pariksit, for example. However, we must remember and acknowledge that we are now in the age of Kali, the worst of times, therefore there is no chance that the wonderful days of Satya yuga will come back. Kali people is very large in numbers now, actually must of us in this forum have been born from Kali parents, that is people that were not following the 4 regulative principles nor chanting japa nor kirtanas. So it's a great luck that we have been able to find out Prabhupada's books and devotees in order to have a chance to get out from the clutches of Kali.

Now, pretending to convince human kind to become KC people is out of the question. The best we can do is trying to follow our bhakti yoga practices as much as we can.

Can you imagine the big business companies deciding to cancel selling beer and wine and all types of alcoholic beverages? They tried this before in USA during the 30's, remember Elliot Ness and the untouchables? It couldn't work because large amounts of people were requesting the right to drink alcohol until finally it became legal. Same happens with tobacco, and lately abortion, and gays getting married. As we can see, the whole situation is getting worse and worse. That's why Lord Sri Krishna's next appereance on Earth will be in the form of Kalki, ridding a white horse and holding a sword in order to kill many demons and thus liberating them from their unlimited lust. Those demons wil be the sons of the sons of the future generations on this planet, so as we can see the only future of this planet is destruction at the end of Kali yuga.

However, we must not become pessimist nor fatalist because for all the next generations there will always be a KC temple available to join, even though only very few persons will approach them.

In conclusion, don't expect that politicians will become KC people, no chance, because they have no way out from lust, anger and greed, because their attachment to sense gratification is out of control no matters any message from any spiritual master, so their grand grand sons will have to meet Kalki's liberation. On the other hand, you better feel happy because you are following the way back home, back to Godhead. Finally, let us remember the sentence from Bhagavad-gita, "The wise don't lament neither for the living nor the dead."

Hare Krishna.

Thank you everybody for your replies but I wanted to make a few clarifications. BruzWayne, I'm not suggesting that we make the politicans religious, i'm suggesting we put religious people INTO power and eliminate the materialistic politicians all together. Also I know this will be very difficult in the USA (where I live and the nation of my birth), so I think the revolution should start in Bharat (India).

Jai Sri Krishna!

Haribol,

There are no proper Ksatriya's to execute such an operation anymore. If such warriors should come out of our movement at this moment, we'd be probably be putting it's continued existence on the line or at the very least a scar on it's presence. Kali-yuga is an unstoppable vortex, it is meant to happen this way, and though a golden age witin Kali-yuga has been predicted with the advent of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu I sincerely doubt that He intended it to start by dispatching a bunch of demonic world leaders and taking control in their stead. That is not very Krishna-conscious practice. Not to mention such an occurance would be very short-lived and overly idealistic. Rather take heart in that it's already very auspicious for semi/non-religious families to have sincere devotees in their midst. Simply be a devotee of the Lord and encourage others to engage in this practice and ignore the useless cackle of politicians with their endless and pointless debates and resolutions. Impose KC onto anyone, and we'll be no better than whatever terrorist organisation, and we'd be viewed that way so I guess that's definitely not an option. Hope this helps!

Hare Krishna!

But is it not our duty to help the helpless? In India, the situation is terrible with poverty everywhere you go and corruption as far as the eye can see! Violence (religious strife), cultural degradation, and social decay are also some of the many problems that country faces. But imagine a society based on the Vedic principles of government where the most power is concentrated on those who are in proper knowledge. I want to learn more about this system and how it actually would function but based on my limited understanding, I believe at the highest position would be a King (properly trained and englightened Kshatriya), and a council of Brahmins who act as sort of a senate/legislation. All decisions would be made with the advice of our scriptures and for the greater good of the people. Based on vedic philosophy and our scriptures, what would the priorites of such a govenrnment be? I believe they would be relief of poverty and religious upliftment to start with but the possiblities are endless (education, environment protection etc.). The benefit to the common man, muslim, hindu, christian or whatever, would be tremendous. What do you all think?