IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

The business I am in.......!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna to all Devotees

Please accept my humble obeisances with all Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Prabhu jis, I am in a business where I earn my living by selling all kinds of prohibited stuff. I have 7-11. I understand that the consequences of meat selling is the same as meat delivering, meat eating or animal killing. Everyday I wake up and pray to Krishna to show me guidence to other business and I sleep with the same attitude. I strictly follow the 4 regulative principles, and do my regular duties (business/family and others). I am literally crying out of Krishna's help.

One side I can't just leave the business and on the other side I do not want to do this business. Everyday I pull the courage somehow to run the show.

With this attitude of mine, I am not been able to keep up with my family life happy. Luckily Krishna blessed me with the like minded wife, who also loves Krishna as much as I do and have a strong faith as I do, yet she tries to motivate me by saying that this business also is Krishna's mercy so do it full heartedly. When I start thinking that yes there is noting we create or do, it's all Krishna's leela and I am merely a puppet who is just performing my duty that is been assigned to me by Lord Krishna then I feel little relaxed.

I have a very strong feeling that Krishna will arrange something yet I want to be able to pull thru this tough time in a very nice way.

I read Bhagwad Gita As it is and very strongly try to adhere to Krishna's teachings in my life.

I wanted to share this with you all and I will truly appreciate your comments, suggestions guidence and teachings, which could help me lead a good Krishna conscious life with a very positive unshaken attitude.

Thanks for your time...

Hare Krishna

BhaktiVikas Dass

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

Please accept my humble Obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupad.

Prabhu, I can fully relate to your situation because I was in

the same scenario may be a little worse. If you don't mind dropping an email to me at Harish_Monga@comcast.net ; I can share some thoughts with you.

Thanks and Regards,

Harish

Guest guest

Hare krishna.

If you had a choice and you choose the 7-11 or any other demonic business, then you are in sin. But if you went into business before becoming a devotee or cannot change your business now, then Lord Krishna may forgive you.

Just do your duty of running your 7-11 and also be krishna consciousness. In the future if you get a chance to get out of the 7-11, then do so.

Kamlesh Patel

Gitamrta.org

Hari Bol Prabhu jis!

Pls accept my humble obeisances with all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Thanks for replying to my post!

I definitely appreciate your views. I was in a begining stage of Krishna consciousness at the time of buying this business and did not realize the gravity of the sinful karmic reactions of doing this business.

Meanwhile today somehow with Krishna's mercy, by one of His good devotees I realized that I should continue with what I am doing with no attachment. It means since there is nothing that is hidden from Krishna and He lives in everyone's heart thus He knows what and how I feel yet it is He who wants us to understand the akarma real well and be aloof from the fruitive results of our karma. Somehow I feel that He is guiding me to do my regular duties without attachment and sincerely. Although I may not have to be happy doing it yet I should also not show my hatered while performing my job and thus do it without attachment and sincerely pray to Lord Krishna to bless me with something pious.

Hari Bol!!

BhaktiVikas Dass

Guest guest

yes this is the correct attitude, and if you just ask Krishna to put you in a better position then He will, just have faith until then, perhaps He put you in this situation to see how you would handle it, to teach you truth and make you stronger...He is in control...

Guest guest

i also have a similar situation. i am in a hindu meat eating family and they also make me eat. i cannot get out of it. i always chant hare krsna mahamantra after eating as i feel so bad afterwards. i wish krsna gave me a way to get out of it as i really love the hare krsna way of life.any suggestions?

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

Eating meat, especially in a Hindu family is very sinfull. You must stop eating meat and preach to the family that it's against their own religion. Explain to the family the law of karma and the teachings from the Bhagavad-gita. You can listen to the Bhagavad-gita in 4 languages from my site, free of charge.

Knowingly eating meat is very sinfull. There is no excuse for that unless someone physically forces the meat in your mouth.

Kamlesh Patel

Gitamrta.org

Guest guest

in abstract our friend kamlesh patel is perfectly right

but there's no one who know yourself better than you if not sri krsna bhagavan

so try to do your best, the important thing is that you do not abandone the mahamantra

a devotee eating meat is INFINITELY better than a vegetarian atheist

so please chant mahamantra

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

Vegetarian atheist and a devotee meat eater, who is worse?

The atheist is acting in darkness, the devotee is acting in light. The atheist is unknowingly killing, the devotee is knowingly killing.

The devotee is worse in my opinion.

PRAY TO PURIFY YOURSELF

We always pray for favours from the GOD. Whenever we are in distress, we bow our head and beg for His help. We request him for happiness and for the removal of our sorrows. We always says, “O GOD! Give us happiness. Fulfill our desires.”

We seldom ask for purification. We never wish to see that by purification of our heart, our thoughts we shall overcome all our sorrows.

Let us make a habit of praying to GOD for Purification. Let GOD help us in purifying our souls so that we can face all hurdles with open heart, so that whatever we see as hurdle shall look like a Task before us. We should make ourself only positive thinker and should pray to GOD with one sentence that “May GOD PURIFY OUR THOUGHTS”. We should not describe ourself as perfect and should not always seek favours to fulfill our desires. Rather we should always say to the Supreme Authority to purify our thoughts, purify our actions, purify our will power, so that we should feel elevated and shall devote our life to complete the job assigned to us for the betterment of the surroundings.

ASHWANI KAPOOR (taken from thought of the day ...www.childplanet.com

Haribol!

Dear Bhaktivikas, could you plan for a new business, such as a K.C restaurant or something similar, and perhaps sell your current business when you are able ?

Wishing you all the best

Mark

Hare Krishna and dandavat pranam

Kamlesh prabhuji i would say that from the ethics point of view you are right. But from the spiritual point of view the devotee will progress to the offenceless stage at some time. He is committing an offence, which happens with most of us, but he is cognizant of it and Krsna will definitely help him get out of the situation. For an atheist, however, there is no knowing when the sukriti will be strong enough to be attracted to the transcendental message of the Lord.

This is no excuse, of course, for continuing the present course of action. Krishna will only help when our determination is strong. Moreover, as you said, after being attracted to Krishna it does not show well if we do not have the determination to even refuse to eat meat. Maybe if guestji can explain why he/she is not able to assert before the family of the decision to not eat meat, then some suggestion can be provided.

Hare Krishna Mark Prabhu ji!

Please accept my humble obesiances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Thanks for replying to the post.

Yes, I have already put this business on sale and then meanwhile started thinking about doing other business like Real Estate. As a matter of fact I already have a realestate licence but because of my current business I am not able to devote a good amount of time in real estate. And moreover realestate business takes good amount of time to pickup.

Also in the due course of time I would like to have a nice Mobile Food van with the name of "Prashaad".

Hari Bol Prabhu ji,

BhaktiVikas Dass

Guest guest

They are scared that if i become vegetarian, i'll would lose myself in religion.

Hare Krsna

Haribol,

I can sympathise with your position, having only become a vegetarian just over a year ago at the age of 39, and it did cause some upset my family, but they now accept it, and have willingly started to eat a lot less meat than they used to, as they have seen how much my health and weight have improved since I gave up meat.

Several times in my life I said I wanted to be a vegetarian, but was put off by the extreme reaction from family.

If you cannot become a vegetarian just yet do your best to go in that direction eg suggesting a vegetarian meal such as cheese&tomato pizza for dinner etc or learn to cook a simple veggie meal and offer to cook for your family a couple of times a week.

There is plenty of factual information on the health benefits of a non-meat diet, so perhaps you could say you just want to eat less meat or no red meat.

I have gradually being 'losing myself' in my religious beliefs, although quietly and secretly at first.

Keep chanting & praying to God for help, and become quietly determined to become a vegetarian eventually.

My sincere best wishes

Mark

Hare Krishna and dandavats

... then you can tell them that religion or no religion you cannot bear to eat something by killing a live animal; i mean give them an argument from simple ethics. Of course, they will give all kinds of arguments to justify eating meat but you can simply assert that whatever they may think yourself cannot continue to eat meat due to your conscience.

You can say something to the effect that you do not consider eating an animal any different from eating a human; that plants on the contrary have very little suffering when killed for eating using arguments from biological science which they will believe (they do not have a nervous system etc. for sensations of pain).

p.s. i live in a family who are somewhat religious, but not vaishnavism -- more of pseudo-modern advaita/yogic hodge-podge combined with some traditions. The real art, which Mahaprabhu has asked us to do, is to gradually also bring our family to bhakti.

Guest guest

no, our friend Kamlesh Patel was right not just in abstract.

chanting must be with knowledge of the meaning of the chant. compassion for all sentient beings is what you must know, if you truly chant knowing, then you cannot take life...

Guest guest

"The atheist is acting in darkness, the devotee is acting in light. The atheist is unknowingly killing, the devotee is knowingly killing.

The devotee is worse in my opinion."

the hare krishna mahamantra is superior to all the offences ans sins and he can wash away everything

one has simply to be honest and do the best, but chanting is not to be stopped, never to be stopped

ok so your a lowly devotee, i am sure if you drink liquor and eat meat and have illiset sex and gamble or sell improper itewms in your store and still love krishna you are just fine, maybe in the next life if krishna is mercyfull you will be born in to a good hindu family that follows the proper ways or maybe you will be with krishna in the next life. you have krishna so you better off then the rest of the nondevotees.

try try try but if krishna is in your heart your doing well dispite the age of kali.

i used to get sick from not eating meat it took much reading and experamentation and guidance to fix this issue. but some ppl are born with allergies and if they dont eat meat the may die. all you medical doctors on here can explain this but can everyone afford the proper medical care or lack the intellagance to figure out what to do?

i was luckly born with a high I.Q. so i can work out alot of my issues but not every one is born with that. that is why our board exists. to help ppl in need. you need to work your job and not worry about it and sell off when you can but dont go broke trying or lose everything you worked so hard for cause you have to run away that is like false renuciation. take your time and do it the right way.

its like all these devotees that stop eating meat instantly and get all frustrated and annoy their families saying meat is murder. what if your a minor and your parents say eat meat of starve , there is nothing you can do.

try being addicted to tobacco, that is hard to quit then heroin but you all ways have these supermen the quit cold turkey its not that easy. dont let these extremist make you misrable be resonalble and ask for help and do things the right way. you may never be able to support your self with out this 7-11 and you may end up jobless that will really help your devotional services.

helpfull advice is what you need not fanaticaly additudes.

all this sinfull accusations are unproductive.

sell your businesss if you can if not chant and try to move beyyond the material.

i know pleanty of hindus and vishnavas that work in common jobs and serve meat and liqour and i do not judge them.

your going going to depress your self. many of these devotees are guily of false renucation. dont fall into that trap.