IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhaktaneal

Sublime Book Discoveries

Rate this topic

Hari bol!

PAMHO! AGTSP!

Every now and then I will find some nectar at a used bookstore. For whatever reason, someone will sell one of their gems, and lucky for me, I will find 'em. And more often than not it will be on a significant day, like when I found these two following books, it was on Radhastami...

The two recent books I have aded to my collection are:

"A Ray of Vishnu" by Rupa Vilasa Dasa

and

"Appreciating Sri Vrndavana Dhama" by Mahanidhi Swami

"A Ray of Vishnu" is a wonderful biography of Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura. What an amazing and empowered life He led! Truly amazing accounts of His dedication to spreading the teachings of Lord Caitanya all over India an the world. I gain even more respect for Srila Prabhupada now that I am learning more about His spiritual Master.

"Appreciating Sri Vrndavana Dhama" is a nectar rich book describing Vrndavana, its inhabitants, temples, histories (both in this rhealm and in the spiritual), pastimes of Lord Krsna, and the rediscoveries of special sites, etc... It really paints such an attractive picture of the Holy Dhama.

I love it when I find special books like this in a bookstore filled with mostly nonsensical subjects and works. I would be interested in hearing if others have found used books or had unique experiences on special days.

'Hoping this finds everyone in great health and happiness!!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisances unto Him!

Prabhu, can you tell me where I can get "Ray of Vishnu" book.I really like to read about Bhakti Siddhanta Maharaj.Please reply. Thank you.

Haribol!

anand

Hari bol!

Anand prabhu,

Here is a website that has a vast selection of books and fair prices. : krishnaculture.com

Here is a link to "A Ray of Vishnu" by Rupa Vilasa das

http://www.krishnaculture.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=KC&Product_Code=RAYI&Category_Code=VAISNAVA

This is also an outstanding book, I have not read yet, but have skimmed through a friends copy... it is a biography of the life of Srila Gaura Kishore das babaji maharaja called "Babaji Maharaja "Two Beyond Duality" by Karnamrta dasa" ... :

http://www.krishnaculture.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=KC&Product_Code=BAB&Category_Code=VAISNAVA

I hope this helps out. I am sure a web search of the title might reveal others who sell copies.

Hoping this finds you in health and happiness!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!I offer my humble obeisances unto Him!

Thank you for your reply. I will look into the links you send me.

Haribol!

anand

Hare Krishna Prabhu Neal, I'm glad that you read these two books.

Regarding Vrndavana, its inhabitants, temples and histories, I am planning to save enough money in order to travel to India and visit the holy city of Vrndavana. I would also like to visit Dvaraka, Kurukshetra, Mathura and Navadvipa. This trip is a long term goal, in the meantime my short term goal is saving money in order to buy cd's and tapes and books about Krishna from Srila Prabhupada.

Hare Krishna.