IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Teaching

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

I have never entered into a discipleship with a spiritual master, but I am what would probably be considered a scholar of the Hare Krishna movement. Now, I am interested in the possibility of spreading the movement to others at my college. Would it be right to spread the movement despite the fact I have not entered into a discipleship?

Personally I believe this is right, as it is stated often among that texts that one can return to Krishna without ever formally entering into any relationship with a spiritual master, and in today's society it is accepted that bona fide spiritual masters are hard to find. I would of course not be proposing myself as a spiritual master or yogi, but I would simply be explaining the basics of the movement through readings of the Bhagavad-Gita as it is, and the text which I believe contains some of Srila Prabhupada's best interpretational writing, Sri Isopanisad. I would offer details of the nearest Hare Krishna temple (Birmingham, some way away), and organise regular visits through virtue of my own funds.

I wish to spread the movement, and spread the love and power of Krishna to all who are inclined to see it.

What say you?

Guest guest

Would it be right to spread the movement despite the fact I have not entered into a discipleship?

..of course you can teach the basics.. that we ar not the body, that god is a person, the law of karma and so on... and first of all you will have to inspire others to chant hare krishna. But if you are successiful, sooner or later, you will have to explain why are you teaching a science where a present personal teacher is essential and unavoidable without having yourself taken shelter in anyone

Personally I believe this is right, as it is stated often among that texts that one can return to Krishna without ever formally entering into any relationship with a spiritual master

...formality is not important, but the presence of a guru is not avoidable. We cannot see and serve krishna directly, we have to do it through the service and following of the spiritual master who is his transparent medium and representative. So guru, teaching, have to be there... formality is not important but it is natural that who gives siksa he gives also diksa

it is accepted that bona fide spiritual masters are hard to find

....chanting hare krishna sincerely is asking service, so if we do it, krsna fullfills our desire to serve sending a pure vaishnava to follow and take shelter. This is the only possibility. If we are sincere the sincere master comes even if there's only one in the world, if we are not sincere having 1, 100, 1000000 of them means nothing

I wish to spread the movement, and spread the love and power of Krishna to all who are inclined to see it.

...thank you very much.... remember that krsna consciousness is essentially chanting hare krishna, so find all systems to obtain that people chant mahamantra.. no rules and regulations are required to chant, introduce them only to advanced and interested followers.... or do not speak of them

What say you?

...that it is great... haribol!! hare krishna!!

AUM SHREE VISHNAVE NAMAH

ITS ONLY DIVINE TO CARRY OUT SUCH A JOB THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO UNDERTAKE.

BUT THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS THAT WE START BUT DONT FOLLOW AND END IT JUST BECAUSE WE LOOSE INTEREST IN THEM. CERTAINLY YOU DONT SEEM TO BE VULNERABLE TO SUCH CASES, BY YOUR HOLY MINDSETS, IT SEEMS.

BUT, YOU KNOW THAT WHEN ONE IS UPTO DOING GOOD JOBS, ONE THAT YOU ARE TO BEGIN, ONE STARTS BECOMING EGOISTIC, YES IT IS STRANGE BUT TRUE! AND IT IS SO NICE TO READ THAT YOUVE SAID THAT YOU ARE NOT GONNA MAKE IT UNDER YOUR NAME.

THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS AND DETACHMENT FROM YOUR EGO AND ATTACHMENT WITH THE SUPREME.

YOU COULD BE AN IDEAL TEACHER, BUT MAKE SURE, THAT DONT BE A NAGGING SALES PERSON, IT OFTEN HAPPENS THAT OUT OF SHEER LOVE FOR THE SACRED, ONE STARTS DESCRIBING THE DIVINE STUFF TO THOSE WHO ARE REALLY NOT INTESRESTED IN IT AND THEY UNNECESSARILY DISRESPECT THE DIVINE.

PLEASE DONT LET SUCH THINGS HAPPEN, ONLY SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE TO THOSE WHO ARE INTRESTED OR AT LEAST SEEM NON REBELLIOUS.

THE MOVEMENT THAT YOURE GONNA CARRY OUT IS SOMETHING BEST THAT A HUMAN CAN DO IN THIS SOCIETY, BETTER THAN THAT OF THOMAS ADISON, WHO INVENTED THE BULB, AND ENDLESS OTHER SCIENTIFIC INVENTIONS.

ITS ONLY YOUR PAST GOOD KARMAS AND THE CAUSELESS MERCY OF LORD VISNU THAT YOU ARE STRUCK WITH THIS HOLY THOUGHT.

ONE MORE THING, WHAT OFTEN HAPPENS, THAT YOU ARE GOING TO REPRESENT THE GOD HIMSELF & THE GOD IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP YOU, BUT IN NO CASE LET ANY PERSONAL BELIEFS BE A PART OF YOUR PREACHING OR DIALOGUE. STICK TO SCRIPTURES, DONT LET HUMAN PHILOSOPHIES INTERFERE.

LET THE GOD BE THE CENTRE, LET THE GOD BE ALL AROUND AND IN THE CIRCLE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

I HAVE SEEN THAT A LOT OF PHILOSOPHERS OR RELIGIOUS TEACHERS, AFTER TRAVELLING ON A RIGHT PATH, DIVIATE AWAY DUE TO SOME PETTY REASON, I.E. THAT CONCENTRATE ON MERELY THEIR LINGUISTIC COMMAND, OR HEIGHT OF THEIR LOGIC AND STUFF. THIS IS REALLY POSSIBLE. YOU SHOULD, AT ALL THE TIME, BE FOCUSED ON THE HARI. EGO IS SOMETHING THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO AVOID WHEN PEOPLE WILL PRAISE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND DEVOITIONAL POWER. TRUST ME ITS REALLY VULNERABLE. AND IT MIGHT HAPPEN THAT YOU MIGHT GET OFFERS OF VAIN FRIENDSHIP FROM BOTH PRO AND OPPOSITE SEX, AGAIN ANOTHER TEMPTATION TO FIGHT. I'M NOT TRYING TO SCARE YOU, JUST WARN YOU.

SO TAKE CARE AND THE BEST WAY IS TO TRASH THIS MAIL. SURRENDER TO THE HOLY, REQUEST HIM TO EMPOWER YOU TO CARRY OUT HIS WORK, AMIDST ALL POSSIBLE ODDS. AND YOUR JOB IS DONE. ITS NICE TO HAVE KNOWN SOMEBODY WHO STAYS AWAY FROM INDIA AND STILL IS SO HONESTLY SPIRITUAL.

MIND YOU, THIS IS JUST AN ADVICE, PLEASE DONT GET SCARED AND TAKE A WRONG MESSAGE, IN THAT CASE I WILL INCURE PAAP.

JUST HAVE FAITH IN THE GOD AND CARRY OUT YOUR WORK.

KEEP THE HOLY IN THE HEART, HE IS THERE IN YOUR SOUL, KEEP HIM IN YOUR MIND ALSO.

MAY THE HOLY GOD BLESS YOU.

HARI AUM TAT SAT

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Thank you for your advice and approval, I shall endeavour to be true in every way to your words of advice and above all to Lord Krishna.

AUM SHREE VISHNAVE NAMAH

ITS GOOD THAT YOU ARE SO WELL CULTURED AND HUMBLE, BUT THANKING ME WILL BE A LITTLE WRONG, AS I'M NOTHING BUT A SERVANT OF THE HOLY GOD.

SO THANK LORD VISHNU, AND JUST FOR COURTESY YOU CAN THANK OTHERS, BUT CERATINLY NOT ME.

MAY YOUR DIVINE WISH COME TRUE

HARI AUM TAT SAT

Hare Krishna!

Maybe it is incorrect to thank you as you say, but nevertheless, your support brings joy that there are those who will support my expression of love for Krishna, and gives me strength to spread the glory of Krishna to all who will see it.

AUM SHREE VISHNAVE NAMAH

YOU SEEM TO BE ONE IN A MILLION, MAY THE GOD BLESS YOU!

MAY YOU SUCEED IN YOUR DIVINE WISH TO UPGRADE AND LIBERATE THE MANKING AND ANIMALS!

THE LORD NEVERTHELESS SUCCEEDS!

HARI AUM TAT SAT