IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hindu and Hare Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What is the difference between hindus and Hare Krishna. According to me there is no difference.

Praanam

OM NAMAHA SHIVAYA

Guest guest

hinduism is an umbrella term given by the muslims to all the followers of vedic scriptures...that includes followers of Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, impersonalists etc

Hare Krishna is specifically following Vishnu, hence the term Vaishnavas, and they say that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is Krishna - the most intimate and infinitely opulent. (Vishnu is an expansion of Krishna according to Hare Krishna movement, not the other way round)

Dear friend

I am sure your intentions are good but before we say that we are hindus or christians or muslims, we must spend sometime reading our scriptures. If you read Brahma Samhita(prayers by Lord Brahma), which dscribes GOD in all the detail says Krishna is the supreme lord. The same scripture also describes Shiva, Durga and Ganeshji and their respective positions and relationship with the lord - Sri Krishna. Srimad Bhagavatam considered a spotless puran also has the same conclusion.

Since there is so much confusion amongst hindus that we ourselves do not know who is the supreme lord and who are the demigods. And the vedic system doesnot give the word hindu... it is a sanatan dharma - very scientific and logical. Perfect knowledge. And Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita that the purpose of all the Vedas is to know

him!

Thank you

amit

Srila Prabhupada taught that God is not a Hindu or a Muslim or a Christian, God is God. The Krsna consciousness movement is certainly founded on a Vedic basis, as are all branches of Hindiusm, but one situated in Krsna consciousness is a Vaisnava - not a Hindu or any other religious designation.

Guest guest

i know krishna consciousness is a vaisnav movement, but for the neophyte who is just starting to learn about spirituality there is no harm in calling ourselves hindu for their benefit...after all the youth movement of KC in England is called Pandava Sena and they specifically advertise as a hindu movement - not a Vaishnav...

As they get more into the intricacies of our philosophy they will realise that Hinduism is a bogus term etc, and then they will understand all this Vaishnav business...if u tell them Vaishnav from the start they will think we are a sect...after all if Hinduism is supposed to be the true followers of the Vedas, then I think the Krishna consciousness movement is certainly Hindu in that respect...

Thank you my friend. Please forgive me if the tone of my reply seemed unkind. I do understand that Srila Prabhupada did not want the KC movement to get caught up in the matters of the religions. Where I live Hinduism is not well understood, and it may be an obstacle to the more important goal of returning to Godhead. In England, with its more concentrated Indian population and perhaps more open culture, this may not be such a problem. In either case, devotion to the Lord is the heart of the matter.

Hare Krsna