IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Jesus is not God

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It is clearly mentioned in Bhavishya Purana that Christ was son of God. In Bible, Christ makes numerous references to His Father (God, i ei Krishna), but Christians have misinterpretted Christ to be God, this is what is causing all the chaos and confusion. He is a bonafide representative of Krishna, not Krishna himself..However it then becomes His duties to guide his devotees to KRishna.

Basically Muhammad served as the Christ for the Muslims, again not God , but his representative.

Please forgive if you think I am wrong in any way, and I may even make a few mistakes here and there.

I am not a Christian, and do not ever want to be one. However, I do know that most Christians, if not all, think that Jesus is not God, but the son of God. He claims that he is the only way through which one can attain God, which I solely disagree with. This is information that I have learned in my social studies classes thus far. Forgive me for any mistakes.

Jay Shree Krsna

Hare Krsna Prabhus,

As followers of A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami,our Sampradaya Acarya , we are also followers of Jesus Christ. Perhaps the mainstream Christians are not really followers of Christ because they change the teachings, example... Christ made all the 10 commandments more strict,like adultery.He said that if you only look on another's wife you have committed adultery, more strict. But mainstream "Christians" now say that in the 10 commandments the one for "thou shall not kill" should be "watered down" or "He meant 'thou shall not murder' "

There is NO conflict of instructions from our recent Guru and Lord Jesus the Christ. If we are perfect followers of Srila Prabhupada AC Bhaktivedanta Swami then we are perfect followers of Lord Jesus the Christ. So then we are "Christians". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I often say to my Christian relatives that i feel that i am a Christian too, for this reason. Though i am not really a Christian or Hare Krsna for i have no Love of God,or Bhakti.

"I am not a Christian, and do not ever want to be one. However, I do know that most Christians, if not all, think that Jesus is not God, but the son of God. He claims that he is the only way through which one can attain God, which I solely disagree with. This is information that I have learned in my social studies classes thus far. Forgive me for any mistakes."

Being a Vaishnava automatically makes you a follower of Lord Jesus Christ, since he was teaching bhakti. When Lord Jesus/Isha Ustad said that he is the only way and nothing cometh to the father except thru him was true for two reasons: first being that he was teaching bhakti (pure love for God); second is that during that time inspite of the many religious people pretending to be God's teachers (Pharisees/Suducees) only Lord Jesus was the bonafide spiritual teacher. So during his mission he was the only way. All the avatars that came---they only have one mission, Love for God. As I've said before, there is no competition in Brindaban. All its inhabitants has only one purpose--loving God in their different rasas. There is competion, good competition in the higher planets and amongst demigods but not in Brindaban and between the Lord pure devotees.

The only problem with [mostly] Lord Jesus followers was that His sampradaya (succession) was lost somehow along the way and most of it's followers today cannot correctly interpret his pure teachings because of this. Any christian could pick up a bible and without any teacher or spiritual master, starts to teach others and builts a church today. Thats why there are thousands of these christian branches that we see currently. The sad thing is that the same thing is happening in the vaishnava community today. Newbies picking up the Gita, trying to interprete it their own mental speculation or interpretation with some even preching but at the same time saying that they don't need a living spiritual teacher since they have Srila Prabhupad thru his book. These very adhikaris and bhaktas, without the guidance and the teaching of a living guru is dangerous, since it contradicts the very core of Srila Prabhupad's teaching of looking for one's spiritual teacher in their lifetime. Also as what Swami Tripurari had said, it endangers the whole process of the continuity of this practice, the very essence why vaishnvism is more potent than christianity today. Chastisement from a living guru is very important, as important as his interpretation of the scriptures since this molds a student or bramachari to the right path of pure devotion. For me only those initiated by Srila Bhativedanta Swami Prabhupad could do these things and at certain stages will have to make reference to other acharyas if one is not accepting any disciples. Today some even seek siksa from other bonafide gurus currently present in the material world.

This is very important and as what Lord Krishna had said in the puranas, "there will always be a bonafide living guru at a given time" so one only needs to look for his/her(s).

"Seek and you shall find/knock and it shall be open unto you" ~Lord Jesus Christ~

Trying to practice my spiriutal life inspite of my unworthiness.

Hare Krsna Prabhus,

There are many similarities between the "Sampradaya" of Jesus the Christ today and the Brahma,Madhva,Guadiya,BHAKTIVEDANTA Sampradaya.

After Lord Jesus's departure the Scriptures were changed or "revised and enlarged" also since 1977 the Scriptures presented by Srila Prabhupada Bhaktivedanta.

The disciples of Lord Jesus did not keep Lord Jesus in the center, those disciples made disciples and said they were on the same level as the Sampradaya Acarya in Jesus. Similarly A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami's disciples did not instruct their disciples on the unique posistion of Srila Prabhupada and put themselves on the same platform.Srila Prabhupada A.C.Bhaktivedanta's Godbrothers also never accepted Him as the Shaktivesa Avatara he was like Lord Jesus.(specifically empowered to do God's work)

So now we have so many factions and splinter groups many different Christian groups and many different Krsna's groups all claiming to be on the right path.

Solution:learn about, preach and instruct how there is from time to time a NITYA SIDDHA SHAKTIVESA AVATARA SAMPRADAYA ACARYA

Sorry for any intrusions, but what about the differences that are present between Christianity and the Sanatana Dharma.

As SacredRiver says that being a follower of Vaisnavism automatically makes one a follower of Jesus Christ.

In Christianity, there is nothing about ahimsa, nothing about reincarnation; after death, one either goes to either hell or heaven, and that is the end of it, as I have heard another Christian say.

In Hinduism, the religion asks for strict ahimsa, reincarnation is believed by just about every person that is a real follower of the religion, I believe. In Hinduism, after death, there is birth again, and there is never an end. You may reach higher "lokas" but even(I have read) Lord Brahma has the potential to incarnate into the smallest germ if he does bad deed in Brahmaloka, and then able to gain again the status of the resident of the Brahmaloka.

In no way am I trying to insult you, I may even be wrong in some or many aspects, but think about it and reply appropriately.

In search of true happiness, in search of Lord Shri Krsna.

Hare Krsna,

He preached Love of God to people who needed to be told the 10 commandments. What about "thou shall not Kill"? And the after life is descibed as heaven /hell. You should not get the present day philosophy of Christianity mixed up with what our Lord Jesus spoke. The Bible itself was "enlarged and revised" by Kings and Kings are sometimes the Most sinfull. And now adays the bible has even been changed in some cases to read "thou shall not Murder" instead of the very Ahimsa "thou shall not Kill".

The age of Kali is here and even good religions/philosophy given by Jesus the Christ has been watered down to almost unrecognizable teachings. Understand that Jesus DID preach the highest knowledge but it was a long time ago, in a bad age.

We are very lucky that only less than 40 years ago God sent another of His son's to us to reinstate Religion/Philosophy.

A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and He is still with us when we come into contact with Him by His book form. But unfortunately again it is Kali Yuga and the books are being changed, to "enlarged and revised" editions. Make sure that you get the REAL word of God in Authorized editions by the only one who can Authorize them. Srila Prabhupada Ki Jai!

Try not to get caught with these religious brickering and divisions. Thats why we have all these wars today in the guise of Religion, worse---God. I was referring to Lord Jesus pure teaching not the adulterated version we find today. Pure devotees have pure knowledge, the only thing is they come and preach according to ones' capacity or level (of the people) at a certain time and place, and this does not make the devotee lesser or a little bit pleasing to the Suprpeme Person. A teacher could be perfect but that doesn't automatically mean his followers are???

Since you are a follower of Sanatana Dharma, then follow this with all devotion and be less concern with other religious stages knowing where you stand in all of these.

AS what the Great Soul - Gandhi have said, "I am a hindu, a christian, a muslim and a lot more."

The easiest way to God is bhakti, pure love not arrogance, mental speculation or plain knowledge.

Guest guest

I had posted this original article. I seem to have been misunderstood. In my recent discusiions with local Christians here in SA, they all seem to regard Jesus as Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is what I was hoping to correct, cos according to my understanding, Jesus was a Guru, a bona fide representative of the Supreme, but NOT the Supreme....

Hare Krsna,

Yes there are many offshoots of Christianity with so many different views on that "religion".

But as stated before Christ is a bona fide Guru.

A bona fide Guru teaches Love of Godhead.

They are transparent via mediums of God. When you look at the pure teachers of Love of Godhead you see God.As if you were looking through glasses. My glasses correct my imperfect vision, but Jesus or Prabhupada correct our vision and when we hear from them we can see what is what.

Transparent Via Medium

If the Father (the Supreme Being) is God.

Therefore the Son(Jesus) is also God.

If you're Father in (physical) is human.

Therfore you as a Son (physical) also a human.

If you're house pet a (Dog) gave birth a (Cat) that is crazy....

It should be a Puppy (young dog).

Now it is very easy...Father which is the (Supreme being is) Jesus his son the (which is known as Issa) is also God.

hare krsna!

God or a more descriptive name Krsna (all attractive) is the Father of all living entities, so we are all His sons. But are we God/Krsna? No, we are Jiva, part and parcel of Krsna/God. The sun has many small sparks of light but are any of them the Sun?No.

God is only one, there is only one God. There are inumerable living entities. We are only small parts and parcels of God.

Jesus being a living entity is like us but He is fully devoted to God/Krsna. We must follow His teachings and try to become like Him.

I use capitals for Jesus,Prabhupada and God/Krsna, but all should understand that there is a difference between God All Mighty and anyone else, even God's pure sons.

Guest guest

Because Jesus says his father is God, that does not mean Jesus is God. In Vedic literature Krishna is known as Prapitamaha (father of the grandfather) and Brahma is known as Pitamaha. By ur faulty reasoning you would then say that since Krishna is Brahmas father, then Brahma must be God too, when we all know Brahma is the first created being. Hope u understand why ur logic is wrong.

Guest guest

Yes and No!

I worship Lord Jesus being an Avatar/someone descending from the spiritual world and who is serving Krishna in the rasa of father and son. I worship Lord Jesus thru this oneness of love of father and son, two person one in love but dinstinct individuality. God the father, no---God the son, yes. I worship Lord Jesus as one of my personal diety from which I have seek so much solace all these years.

Jaya Jai Lord Jesus.

Guest guest

All Vaishnavas Ki Jai. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

His divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada answered all these questoins in his conversation with his disciples when he was answering the a list of questions on Jesus, posed by one devotee.

Ref: Conversation in Bombay on 1977-04-01

Title: Following Jesus Christ.mp3

And some more on Jesus...

Ref: Conversatoin in Bhubanesvara on 1977-02-03

Title: We Give Christ All Honor.mp3

Dasanu dasa

Amar

Guest guest

wow is that how u feel.

well lets be friends ok.

first of all i am a christian and i do believe there is a god.now things has happened to me in repects to god and all.i am 16 and i believe with all my heart ,jesus /god/whoever one may call him died for me .his love is something that brings me to tears and he is amazing and loving and i guys i can go on and onnnnnnnn about him but,i would like to hear your views on it ok !

please reply at shelomij@hotmail.com ps:i do social studies 2

Guest guest

Hare Krsna Jesu Ki Jaya!

Please do not speculate about the identity of Jesus based on logical controversy. Those who see and have seen Jesus directly and say who He is and He is God. In fact He cannot be seen unless one realizes He Is God Jiva Tattva Maha Sankarshana, the Shelter of the all Jivas.

So please take from Srila Prabhupada directly :

"Regarding the Christian's Trinity, I believe it is called God, the Holy Ghost, and the son. Person in Krishna Consciousness accepts this by the name Visnu, Paramatma, and Jiva. God is a Person, the holy spirit or the supersoul is a person, and the living entity is also a person. Also, Mary is the representation of the energy of God. Either as internal energy Radharani or as external energy Durga, the energy of Godhead can be considered the mother of the living entities. But there is no clash between the Bible and the Vedas, simply some people formulate their personal ideas and cause quarrelings." Letter to Sivananda NY April 19, 1968

His Holiness AC Bhaktivedanta Swami not only identifies Jesus the Son as Jiva, but as Jiva Tattva because He states this fact in relationship to God As Person, i.e. God Himself Is Person. This Person is none other than Lord Krsna the Father (Visnu), Lord Jesus the Son (Jiva) and the Holy Ghost (Paramatma) ... ALL AS PERSON!

Further it would blaspheme His Holiness to state that he was not aware that Christian Trinity stated God In Three Persons!

It is also more amazing that he states this not as Bhagavan, Brahman, and Paramatma. No he says, Bhagavan, Jiva, Paramatma. The Holy Trinity, One God One Person.

But EVEN MORE SO AMAZING, to affirm HH's understanding of the Trinity, he makes it a point to state the Mary, Jesus' Mother, is the representation of Krsna's Energy Sri Sri Radharani AND Sri Sri Durga. The Vaisnava theology on the identity of Radharani and Durga, His Internal and External Energies is clear enough!

God in His expansion as Second Person is none other than Servitor Lord Sankarshana! Jesus Ki Jaya! Hari Bol!

The following quotations are from Sri Chaitanya-Charitamrita by Krishnadasa Kaviraja Goswami, translated into English, with elaborate purports given by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

Introduction to Adi-Lila, Chapter 5, The Glories of Lord Nityananda Balarama

Text 10 Purport

"Sri Balarama is the servitor Godhead who serves Lord Krishna in all affairs of existence and knowledge."

Christ is the Servitor God, the Second Person.

Text 18 Purport

"That transcendental abode exists by the energy of Sri Baladeva, who is the original whole of Shesha, or Ananta. The tantras also confirm this description by stating that the abode of Sri Anantadeva, the plenary portion of Baladeva, is called the kingdom of God."

Text 41 Purport [For more important discussion of Lord Balarama as jiva, see especially numbered points 1 and 2 on page 170 regarding refutation of Adi Shankaracharya’s teaching that Sri Baladeva as jiva is the ordinary living entity.]

"Sankarshana, the second expansion, is Vasudeva's personal expansion for pastimes, and since He is the reservoir of all living entities, He is sometimes called jiva."

"In the spiritual sky there is a spiritual creative energy technically called shuddha-sattva, which is a pure spiritual energy that sustains all the Vaikuntha planets with the full opulences of knowledge, wealth, prowess etc. All these actions of shuddha-sattva display the potencies of Maha-Sankarshana, who is the ultimate reservoir of all individual living entities who are suffering in the material world. When the cosmic creation is annihilated, the living entities, who are indestructible by nature, rest in the body of Maha-Sankarshana. Sankarshana is sometimes therefore called the total jiva."

Text 42

"There the personal feature of Balarama called Maha-Sankarshana is the shelter of the spiritual energy. He is the primary cause, the cause of all causes."

Text 45

"There is one marginal potency, known as the jiva. Maha-Sankarshana is the shelter of all jivas."

Guest guest

Jesus is God. Jesus is the Second Person of God.

The Comment in Text 10 "Christ is the Servitor God, the Second Person." of the previous post is my inserted comment. I should have noted this fact in the post for clarity.

Regardless, the facts remain. Jesus Is Sankarshana, GOD!

"Sankarshana, the second expansion, is Vasudeva's personal expansion for pastimes, and since He is the reservoir of all living entities, He is sometimes called jiva."

And we all know and accept that one can only receive the mercy of Krsna through Lord Baladeva.

Jesus is God. Please accept Krsna's gift of Jesus.

Guest guest

Looking at your posting, I draw conclusion , with risk of offending, that Krishna forgot to mention Jesus' name. He got too involved with his 'rasakreeda' that he forgot his own begotten. No wonder, the plight of his worldly sons who are still wandering aimlessly confused who they are what their 'object' of worship is. Thats what it is an Object. If you refute this and have proof. Please do present it. Dont make sweeping statements like that. Dont try to ride on the wagon of christ. First get your wheels right and ride your own wagon. Lets see how far it goes.

Guest guest

Of course I will be happy to present it (proof).

What language shall I use to show Krsna's mention of Jesus' name? Krsna's or humans?

But since some may be angry that Krsna wants to be approached by Jesus (Gesu, Jesu, Yesu, Yasu, Yahu-shua, Yashua, Iss'a, Christ, Cristos, Krnsa (yes the name Christ is identically known as Krsna in Serbia and slavic parts of the world. Yes, and also in that part of the world the Christian God the Father is called "Bhag" as in Bhagvan. The name of God Bhag is used daily by millions of Christians throughout the slavic nations )

So what name and where should I begin and in what language.

If you want in Krsna's language then you already know that His name is heard in silence and His revealed form is His Name.

We can represent this name to best of our abilities in human language.

So which is the name for God:

Narayana?

or

He in whom all things rest?

Which one is His name?

So when you see Jesus, tell me... what is His Name?

Your servant.

Guest guest

Well, according to that logic, then you are also God.

"At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you"

As Jesus said:

"I ascend unto my Father, and YOUR Father, and to my God, and YOUR God."

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is heaven is perfect"

As it is also stated in the bible:

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High"

"One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you ALL"

Guest guest

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for shall no man see me, and live"

"No man hath seen God at any time"

"God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth"

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall not make it good?

Guest guest

"I can of my own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me"

"the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but of the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works"

"Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which GOD DID BY HIM in the midst of you"

"Who is in the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature"

"If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I"

"I am come in my Father's name"

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven"

Guest guest

"Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you."

As I know it:

YHWH (I am that I am) is the name used to refer to God, who is really unnameable, ineffable, and unnumberable.

Jesus name is Yahoshua meaning YHWH is salvation.

If you pray in the name of Yahoshua, it's like praying in the name of YHWH who is salvation.

"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

"But they were troubled for a small season, that they might be admonished, having a sign of salvation, to put them in remembrance of the commandment of thy law.

For he that turned himself toward it was not saved by the thing that he saw, but by thee, that art the Saviour of all.

And in this thou madest thine enemies confess, that it is thou who deliverest from all evil"