IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
KrishnaBhakta

On the way to Krsna Conciousness...

Rate this topic

I am a sixteen year old teenager living in the USA. I am trying to be Krsna Conscious, and to become a devotee of Lord Krsna.

Can someone guide me in the right direction and tell me what is necessary to be a devotee of Shree Krsna? What does he mean to do work and do not desire the results (or fruits) of the work? How does one do service for the lord and serve him? I am unable to do 16 rounds of the Maha Mantra; I can barely do 1 on most days. This is due to the fact that I am in High School and don't have much time if I don't want to be late to school. Please help in whatever way you feel necessary. Any advice is greatly appreciated, and Jay Shree Krsna.

Hare Krsna,

To become Krsna conscious one should do a few simple things..... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As you showed knowledge of chanting, and said you were not able to chant 16 rounds. If you chant even one mantra you are doing good, one mantra with out offence may be enough. So just try to chant purely, and frequently. You dont always have to chant the Holy name on beads, you can chant it while walking down the hall to the next class. If others think you are strange "talking to himself" and you dont like it then chant in your mind.

Every embodied soul has to eat also, that must be made into an offering for Krsna. There is ways to offer food to Krsna that can be found out. Then you are associating with Him when you eat offered food to Krsna. Prasadam.

One must come to the Mode of Goodness to develope Love of God. Find out what is the Mode of Goodness and try to be on that platform as much as possible.

I am writing this with out much instruction i realize. But i would reccomend to hear from our Founder/Acarya to get more instruction. Prabhupada has very much information on how to become Krsna con. and how to get to the mode of goodness. Perhaps to His Back to Godhead Magazine and read what he has to say there. Or get some of his books if you do not have them already. It may be hard to keep the mind interested in reading or hearing from Prabhupada especially at 16 but it must be done. When one is sincere then gradually you become more and more enlightened.

I started in my teens and still now in my 40's there is much difficulty, but i have gotton a small taste and know that i cant give up.

Sorry i could not give more time to this, just keep going.

Pray to Krsna and chant frequently read and hear from Prabhupada offer your food try to be on the platform of goodness.Associate with others on the path towards Krsna and dont be cheated by trying to be unmotivated.

Good luck! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hare Krishna

BChhris

"But i would reccomend to hear from our Founder/Acarya to get more instruction."

Yes..Kiran you can get many lectures from

the web, which if you have an MP3 Player

you can listen. Do not underestimate the

power of Srila Prabhupada Lectures!

Yes, Prabhupada(HareKrsna Founder/Acarya) can be heard from using the Mp3 players and the (almost) limitless necter in that format. Personally the Mp3s and a few 'gadgets' to listen to those has enriched my life to no bounds. This certainly is another very good way to connect to Krsna's most recent Avatara Srila Prabhupada. And He can enliven the most sinfull(me)to try to become Krsna conscious. So try that too KaranP1987 /images/graemlins/grin.gif