IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Swamy Aluru

pratyangira devi

Rate this topic

Guest Swamy Aluru

I have read articles on Maa Pratyangira Devi as being ughra devi and that chanting one mantra requires 1000 Gayatri Mantra. Moreover, some say chanting or praying mother at home is not good and may destroy or will bring bad effects being ughra devi.

The question occupying my mind is she is all pervading mother and included in the form of Sri Lalitambika. Which mother in this universe will or even think of punishing her children. Even after the children get their grand children, for a mother the son or daughter holds the same place as a child. There is a saying in Tamil I have heard " Delhi ki raaja aanalum Thai ku pillai dhan" meaning though a person is a king for his subjects and country, for his mother he is always a child and a small problem to him is always a cause for worry for his mother. Under the circumstances, how can a jagan mata punish her children and especially those bhakthas who always think of her.

Secondly, In our daily life commitment, over a period of time the fast recital of mantras do make us commit mistakes but does that mean the all pervading mother will punish her children and destroy. My strongest belief is that any mother [whether shanta or ughra] will always guide and stand by her children at all times. Yes, if the mantra is used for selfish or to destroy somebody, mother will always punish her children but not for praying as has been said or heard many people say that.Above all, it is the mother's will that prevails and as the life proceeds, praying a particular god and chanting particular mantra are guided and initiated by the supreme lord the parasakthi herself. So, why this fear about shanta and ughra devi. Doing a particular prayer or upasana with a clean mind and surrender to the almighty mother is enough to get the right guidance and be protected.

I request stalwarts and pundits to enlighten me on my question and doubts as above.

Guest Guest

You are correct, mother may be angry on others out side, but your mother wont get angry on you, unless you do something seriously wrong. and  mantra japa (pratyingira devi or any other goddess/god )can be done at home,,but temples are good place coz, it has already the good spiritual environment to speed up your japa.

Guest Kamita

Good Morning. Can someone please help me with the following incident and provide feedback?

Last year i had a dream that my family and I were walking through an old and abandoned village. While walking the the village I saw a statue of a Goddess with a Cobra over her head and Trishul, Drum in her hands. Upon seeing the neglected statue I walked up to it and felt bad about the condition it was in and decided to live there with my family so I could look after it. I searched the net for months trying to find out who this was and through weird circumstances only discovered recently that this statue most likely was PRATYANGIRA MAA. 

As per all the information I have read so far alot of sites have advised against saying PRATYANGIRA MAA'S mantra. I am very confused and need help because my family has been facing alot of challenges for a long time and I am not sure if PRATYANGIRA MAA came to me in a dream to help me. If so I am even more confused as most sites if not all have advised against saying her mantra.

Please help me in understanding her appearance in my dream.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Guest SWAMY ALURU

Dear User,

You might be right. My experience is that she follows you thru the righteousness and the spiritual path. Whenever I got distracted, she has brought in that realization. All that I would say is surrender yourself to her and she will be by your side ALWAYS but at the same time keep doing your duty. Any amount of confusions etc in or while performing your duties and actions is only to get you on track.

Let the all pervading mother be by your side ALWAYS.

Guest Kamita

Good Morning.

Thank you Swamy Aluru and Kumsr for your response, much appreciated.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.