IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krpamit

Penance for my sinful act

Rate this topic

Friends,

Yesterday I went into extreme anger and broke a Kanha ji's idol. I loved him like my own son and now crying for what I did. I want to die or kill myself. My life is nothing without him and I broke it. Now I am very depressed and feel like my whole life is waste due to this act of mine. I know penance will not remove this from my heart but please tell me if that is any vedic method for prayaschit for this sin.

Do not worry the Lord forgives all transgressions, visit him at His temple, make an offering and bow down to the Lord. He will forgive you. He knows perfectly well that we are not perfect like Him that is why he has established His presence on this earth so that we make make offerings and beg for forgiveness!

Guest Sunshine

Just sit and pour your anger,hurt to any of the gods that you favor . Write out anger, read, shout out and then burn it or distroy it.

Dont be so hard on yourself, it is all in the devine order

If you are dvija , you should chant "gayatri" mantra 108 times otherwise just chant Hari Nam. Then you would feel much better. While chanting , you wouldn't remember even the memory of that sinful act . Hari krishna - Just surrender to hari ,then you will surely experience your self as bramhan itself.

If you are a dvija , you should chant gayatri mantra otherwise just chant hari nama . Gayatri mantra is the seed of all veda .So it has much importance .

If you do this , you will not remember even that sinful act . No doubt , the sin will get vanished immediatelly. First remove from your mind the idea that you are doer . Be satisfied in your omni-present atma.

Just surrender to that infinite bramhan and know your self as that whole.

Harihi Govinda