IndiaDivine.org
Hare Krishna09

Lord Shiva & Lord Vishnu

Rate this topic

Hariom Devotees !

I Have few questions -

Q1. In Krishna Mohan Ganguly's english translation of Mahabharat Shanti Parva, section CCCXLII, Page 4765-66, lord krishna states that he is supreme & when he worhips shiva , he actually worships himself. But in Drona Parva of Mahabharat, section CCI, page 3092-94, lord shiva is declared superior as he gave boon of invincibility to Narayan. Secondly, whatever offerings Arjuna gave to lord vasudev were going to lord shiva as per Drona parva of mahabharat , section LXXXI, Page 2740 1st three lines. Again , in Anushasan Parva lord Shiva declares lord Hari as supreme ( SECTION CXLVII, Page 5383 )

So which section to beleive ? All are contradictory ....

for details you can refer Krishna Mohan Ganguly's english translation of Mahabharat which is available at internet.

Q2. Was Shiva sahasranam inserted later into Mahabharat ? Was it an attempt by Anti Vaishnavites to reduce the importance of lord krishna ? Or was Shanti Parva & vishnu sahasranam an interpolation ?

Awaiting your kind reply. Hare Krishna

Guest Ethan

Dandavat,

What is the difference between the theology of Sankardev, Ramanuja, and Chaitanya? May I please have an example or analogy for each to illustrate what that would be?

Thank you very much,

Kd

Guest Maroud

Dandavat,

What is the difference between the theology of Sankardev, Ramanuja, and Chaitanya? May I please have an example or analogy for each to illustrate what that would be?

Thank you very much,

Kd

I will say that Sankara, who was fighting the Buddhists, was more inclined to restore the authority of the Vedas. He was mainly focusing on the Upanishads literature. Brahman was his ultimate reality. The avatars were a product of maya. This is the reason we call these spiritualists mayavadis. The means for attaining that goal is through the path of yoga and jnana.

Ramanuja is part of a different school, opposed to him. His philosophy consisted in fighting back the Sankara's doctrine which deny God as Vishnou, a supreme being with a world of variety beyond Brahman. Caitanya goes much further. He relishes God's intimate pastimes with his devotees. Caitanya is mainly concerned by Radha's love for Krishna, the summon bonum of bhakti.