IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gamekash

Query regarding Importance of Guru diksha

Rate this topic

This query is regarding the importance of guru diksha before starting a particular sadhana. I have heard and read many times on the forums that any sadhana should not be started without Guru diksha. I recently have started the bagalamukhi shabar mantra sadhana (obtained from my guru) for personal reasons. However, my question is this.

What if a person wants to do a particular sadhana and he doesn't know how to find a proper guru or if he is unable to find a proper guru? I understand that certain sadhanas can be dangerous if you don't know the vidhi for that. They may have no result or may even backfire. But what if that person knows the correct vidhi of practicing it, but is unable to find a good guru? Can he still go about doing the sadhana? This query comes partly from my experience as I faced a challenge for some time in finding a proper guru and I was really looking for a solution to my problem.

- Regards,

Karthik

Dear Karthik;

One should be clear about one's objective for pursuing a Mantra Sadhana.

What do you wish to attain ? If this is not clear, there are chances that you are misplaced in the ocean of all sorts of information.

Namaskaram,

I believe for any spiritual study to have desired results IT MUST BE GURUMUKATH! I also believe the power for any Mantra also comes from Guru himself.

Our vedic rituals, practices etc are to be dealt with extreme care and caution. Only a GURU knows what is appropriate and what is not for a particular disciple. Furthermore, I also believe when the time is appropriate and if the seeker/student is really deserving he will be automatically guided to his Guru. Till such time, the seeker must remain patient and with self belief, sincerity, humility and devotion must pray for spiritual upliftment.

My opinion is this, even when a person knows (claims to know) correct vidhi, unless initiated by his father (parental lineage for ancestral deities), he should not venture into it on his own.

Karthik.

This query is regarding the importance of guru diksha before starting a particular sadhana. I have heard and read many times on the forums that any sadhana should not be started without Guru diksha. I recently have started the bagalamukhi shabar mantra sadhana (obtained from my guru) for personal reasons. However, my question is this.

What if a person wants to do a particular sadhana and he doesn't know how to find a proper guru or if he is unable to find a proper guru? I understand that certain sadhanas can be dangerous if you don't know the vidhi for that. They may have no result or may even backfire. But what if that person knows the correct vidhi of practicing it, but is unable to find a good guru? Can he still go about doing the sadhana? This query comes partly from my experience as I faced a challenge for some time in finding a proper guru and I was really looking for a solution to my problem.

- Regards,

Karthik