IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Arihanta

The Structure of Sanskrit

Rate this topic

Hi, I first got into Sanskrit out of the words claiming that Sanskrit is of perfect structure, and could be used for computer programming. It's been years since I've started learning and I have run into issues that make me question the so-called perfect structure of Sanskrit.

On phonology, there is no short e or o, and the only dipthongs are ai and au. In my mind, wouldn't a perfect language have more dipthongs, such as ae, ao, ia, iu, ie, iu, io, etc. and even tripthongs? I've read somewhere the short e and o were absorbed into short a...

This is probably my Anglophone status speaking, but I found no "f" in the Sanskrit language.

Latin and Greek have the subjunctive mood, and yet Classical Sanskrit doesn't. Shouldn't precision also include being able to express yourself through every possible grammatical avenue, without any declensions or conjugations sharing morphological endings?

Not to bash on Sanskrit itself, but what I found contests the idea that it is the perfect language in my mind.