IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Indra01

How come vedas and puranas not mention any other country other than India?

Rate this topic

After reading starting to read a lot of the ancient vedic scriptures such as the Mahabharata, Bhagavad Gita, and just knowing in general the contents of the Vedas, puranas, upanishads, and other srutih, smritihi, their content seems to contradict their own statements in a certain way.

All the scriptures in general talk about Vedas and the manusmriti, being the supreme, absolute authority for mankind. Hinduism, is a foreign given word to all practitioners and followers of the Vedas east of the Indus River. Nowhere in the scriptures does the word, HINDU come up, but rather, sanatanah-dharma or, the 'eternal law'. We all also know that the vedas claim itself as universal, and that it teaches universal values to all of mankind.

Now lets examine some things a bit more closely. The vedas, being the ultimate authority for mankind as they claim, only make references to the sarasvati and ganga rivers, and the himalayan mountains. The puranas, which are the encyclopedias, history books of past present and future, only talk about India and it's physical boundaries. Surprisingly they make rare mentions of dravida, or south India.

The Mahabharata, Ramayana, only take place in India. God has even said, "Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion — at that time I descend Myself." But as it is, and will be, all the 10 avatars of the lord have only come in India, and Kalki, as it is said, will be born into a family in India.

In Mahabharata, it does mention that Yudishtira will be king of the World, but maybe in this case it means India?

The word Mleccha does arise, but means those who do not follow the vedas, but again, ONLY IN INDIA. These mlecchas are the scheduled tribes of india. But coincidentally, we apply this term to ALL non-believers of vedas.

How come, a religion which claims itself as universal and for the good of all humanity, only appear in India? What else is the world supposed to be? Is there something which I have not read or do not know about?

Someone please clear this doubt of mine. Providing links to books, or any online source.

Although, the knowledge of the vedas is not merely a belief, but an absolute fact, and that the philosophy it establishes is difficult to refute, it seems as if the knowledge is only presented to India.

Thus, have we come to the conclusion that India is the birth place of religion, the "empire of the soul", the country where peoples' goal in life is to obtain realization of the self. Quite the belief of today based off of little known knowledge, but I believe this to be absurd, as there is more underlying this common misconception and greater truths yet to be found.

I will make a slight antithesis though. From my knowledge of history, there are very few connections between the rest of the world and India. I will list the ones that I know of:

1. In the Scandinavian Languages, VETTA, at-vetta, vet, vit, means "to knowknowing", and "knowledge". Veda in sanskrit means knowledge.

2. The greeks believed in the 4 ages of man, which are extremely similar to the indian yugas. Ages of Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. The god of the Incas, Viracocha, sounds similar to Virochana, an asura. Apparently, somewhere I have heard that during some time, some indians left india and, on boats, went to mexico and settled there. Something to do with Prahalad.

4. And all the stuff in Bhavishya purana.

And why is there not anything about dinosaurs? They cannot be that big of a hoax.

With all this said, someone please clarify.

Thank you