IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kumar70s

Wearing different mukhis of rudraksha

Rate this topic

Dear friends

Currently, I am wearing one bead of 3 mukhi of nepal origin in left wrist. Is it ok to wear or should I discontinue. It is mentioned in puranas that one who wears rudraksha on wrists attains moksha. If anyone wants to wear beads on hands I presume that all odd number mukhis (3,4,5,7,etc.) to be worn on left arm/wrist and even number mukhis (2,4,6,8,etc.) is to be worn on right arm/wrist. Please guide.

S.Kumar

Where in the puranas do they glorify rudrasha?

I am a Vaisnava and we wear Tulasi.

In the Padma Purana there are thirty chapters describing Tulasi's appearance. Her glorious attributes are recounted throughout the Vedic literature. "Just by looking at Tulasi, all of one's sins are removed. Just by touching Her, one's body becomes purified. All diseases are removed by praying to Her. Fear of death is destroyed by watering Her. Just by planting or transplanting Her, one achieves realization of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If someone offers Her leaves at the lotus feet of Sri Krsna, Tulasi will award liberation and devotion to Lord Sri Krsna." (SKP)

Sri Krsna is very fond of Tulasi, also called Maharani. Vayu Purana states: "The Supreme Lord Hari does not accept anyone's worship without Tulasi." The poet Candrasekhara says that Krsna does not care for even one of fifty-six offerings or thirty-six curries if they are offered without a Tulasi leaf. "All the places of pilgrimage on this planet and in the millions of universes, take shelter in a Tulasi leaf." (PP) "Sri Krsna who is very affectionate toward His devotee, sells Himself to devotee who offers merely a Tulasi leaf and a palmful of water."(CT)

Dear friends

Currently, I am wearing one bead of 3 mukhi of nepal origin in left wrist. Is it ok to wear or should I discontinue. It is mentioned in puranas that one who wears rudraksha on wrists attains moksha. If anyone wants to wear beads on hands I presume that all odd number mukhis (3,4,5,7,etc.) to be worn on left arm/wrist and even number mukhis (2,4,6,8,etc.) is to be worn on right arm/wrist. Please guide.

S.Kumar

Dear friends

S.Kumar

The following are the general guidelines to wear Rudraksha. Left is not preferable.

One should not normally wear while going to bed, going to cremation ground or attending funeral,

visiting new born babies, while going to toilet for long calls, while drinking, smoking or

eating NV food (if one has a habit). Normally one should remove it and keep it in the

Pooja Shelf while going to bed. Next morning one should wear it after taking bath by

chanting following bheeja mantras.

1,4,5,10 and 13 Om Hreem Namah

2 & 14 Om Namah

3 Om Kleem Namah

7 & 8 Om Hum Namah

6, 9 & 11 Om Hreem Hum Namah

12 Om Krom Srom Rom Namah

Balasubramanian

The authorities seem divided on this subject, some texts even appear to contradict themselves. After reading many sets of rules and prohibitions, it is my impression that the beads must be treated with care and respect, avoid touching with index finger, don't allow to touch the ground or unclean surface. Otherwise go by what you feel is right. For example I wear my panchmukti beads at all times during the day, leaving them on the altar while I sleep. As long as you hold your rudraksha sacred you should have no fear wearing them.