IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
neetu 1

mantra- om namaha shivya

Rate this topic

Hi Neetu, Jai Bhole!

The learned pandit has instructed you with panchakshara mantra ( Namah Shivay ) but when you add Om it becomes more powerful. Always remember God never counts the letters in a mantra but He only sees the love and attitude associated with it.

First you need to understand why some recite only NAMAH SHIVAY... actually OM in sanskrit first prays respect to Vishnu and then to SHIV [it does not matter as far as GOD is considered ;-)]... so the ardent followers of SHIV (shaivites) recite only NAMAH SHIVAY.

A true knowledge of Mantra can only be gained through a GURU... just placing OM in front or afterwards does not make a powerful mantra, for example most of the tantrik mantras don't have OM in them.

Hi Neetu, Jai Bhole!

The learned pandit has instructed you with panchakshara mantra ( Namah Shivay ) but when you add Om it becomes more powerful. Always remember God never counts the letters in a mantra but He only sees the love and attitude associated with it.

well said sandeep god never counts the letters even if pronounced wrong also it doesn't matter

I have read somewhere, that women and shudra's cannot say OM, they are prohibited the uccharan/speaking "omkara', i am a woman too! and felt bad about it, but it might be true. ( i am guessing you r a F gender). Women are also prohibited touching the Shiv linga, hanumaan ji's statue, or shaaligram ji.

So, maybe that could be a reason!

Hi everybody, I am new to this site. Please sum1 tell me what is the beej mantra for lord shiva, is it hroum or houm? on some sites i have read hroum and on some houm. Please also tell me how do i recite OM NAMAH SHIVAYA??? loudly or in my mind. i am very confused about. Please also do tell me is it essential to read strotam or mere listening to it is all right!