IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bipolar

SEVERE Bipolar Depression

Rate this topic

Respected Sir,

I am under severe depression and find it very stressful even to wear clothes,bathing,etc..The allopathic diagnosis is SEVERE Mixed Bipolar Depression.I am not responding to allopathic treatment.

For last 3 days I am taking the following medicines on advice of the local doctor:

1) brahmi ghrit

2) shankhpushpi

3) ashwagandha rishtha

4) annu tail in nose.

5) Shirodhara was advised but the patient is not in a condition to make daily visits or get admitted to a hospital.

My question is

• are there any better medicines that can help me that I am not currently taking?
  • Is such severe depression curable under Ayurveda?
  • Can the ayurvedic medicnes make some symptoms worse?
  • Will the medicines loose effect/develop tolerance if at all the they start helping?

With Best Regards.

Thanking you.

Despite Bipolar disorder is a complex psychological condition,Ayurveda absolutely provides hopeful cure.According to Ayurveda disorders like this are considers as a group of diseases called "Unmada.So,Bipolar disrder also a variant of "Unmada.Such conditions are fairly curable in Ayurveda.Need not to be worry about the medicines.these do not worse the condition.I would like to re prescribe medicines as follows.

1)Tab.Unmada gaja kesari 1 tab with 40 ml "Saraswatarista 1 hr after food.2)Maha kalyana ghritam 30 ml in 1/2 cup in warm sweetened milk 1 hr before food.Continue these medicines till you get obvious relief.Of course, besides these medicines "Shrodhara is the ultimate option.As an alternative you may use "Sushupti tailam as talam means soak 3 inch square cotton piece in this oil and keep over the vertex for a period of 15 min then wash hair. Do this daily till you go for Dhara.

Dr.T.Venugopal Rao

Ojus Ayurveda center