IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
yagna_narayana

Why Hinduism is not global religion

Rate this topic

While I was contemplating on the Hinduism and Vedas, I found some strange things that need to be answered.

It seems, Vedas ( which are supposed to talk about global perspective ) seem to talk about only Hindu Gods like shiva, brahma ,vishnu etc. Then what about other Gods such a Jesus,Allah.

In bhagavad gita, Krishna himself told that there are 4 varnas that he only manifestated. All the varnas seem to be in hinduism only. What about the others in other religions? Is it not Brahma who created them?

Like in our mankind, would there be anything like, Muslims would be created by allah, hindus by brahma etc?

Also, if you carefully see our vishnu avataras, All seem to born in India only and also Lingodbhavam on Sivaratari for whose base is located in India ( arunachalam ).

If Lord Shiva is god for all then why should all these be happened in India only?

Can any one answer my curiousity?

First of all, tell me during the time of Vedas, what are the religions existing in this world? There was no religion at all. There was no Hinduism as well. It was the vedic religion which was global at that time. Later, somebody called the people settling by the sbanks of River Sindhus as Hindus. Other religions sprang out from vedic religion only. So it is already global religion. Pls go through Vedas. They do not mention any religion. They mention only what human being should do. Hope I clariofied a little. If not pls let me know.

Om Shri Radha Krishnabhaym Namo

now remember god don't have any religion,but humans are the one who created the religion and seperated the human right .its not the god's mistake his duty is only to balance life which they created

he shown his different avatar to different religion when he got happy by their works.lord shiva ,krishna,alla,jesus etc are only the different avatar of god.

Vedas are talking about unversal philosophies and religion. Vedas are in the world before the birth of christian and muslim religions. I believe, vedas are talking about tatvas, elements of the worlds, etc. Only puranas are talking about Gods, such as Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma, Krishna, Ram, etc. Vedas says Sarvam Khalvidam Brahm. Whole world is the Brham means chaitanya and the only the person who sees that way is Brahmin. This tells that vedas are for whole universe.

Because everyone is not the same. Language alone dictates that belief systems will be different. A Hopi or Navajo's conception of Time alone is so vastly different from say, Indo-European perceptions that one-size-fits-all will never work. Back in Satya Yuga such differences were tiny, but after Kurukshetra and the vast upheavels that followed the human race fragmented more and more. Anyway, what is Hinduism? Is it Vedanta of Ramanuja? Synthesism of Ramakrishna? Karma-yoga of Aurobindo? So in a way I would agree with previous poster--Sanatan Dharm involves the search for the Absolute Truth, in a way then, it IS the world religion. Hope I made some kind of sense, pretty ill today.

Dear Shri Yagna Narayana:

From your written question does not look like you went through vedas or upanishads, etc. sanskrit scriptures. As Shri SKDas mentioned Vedas teaches to be a civilized, well disciplined and well knowledgeable citizen of the earth. That means our sanskriti creates a Arya. In puranas or kathas such civilized person is called Arya and it is used as a salute to the persons in the stories. Such as Arya Putra, Hey Arya, etc.

Another thing our vedas say "Sarvam Khalvidam Brahma" means Pramatma is in every thing, live or material. There is nothing in the world where there is no parmatma. You know, in the Mantra called Balatibala Mantra Vidya, which was given to Ram by Vishvamitra on the Bank of Saryu River. In the Viniyog of that mantra it says this mantra is to see Brahma Vritti in Rishi, Muni, Devatas, Gandharvas, Pitrus, Yaksha, Rakshas, Bhoot, Pret, Pishach who has sukshma sharir (to whom we can not see), Manushya, Pashu, Pakshi, Kit, Patang, (whose physical form which we can see) and also Anoo, Paramanoo. everywhere and in everything my brahama drasti be established. Here you can see, there is no boundary exist in our sadhana. Now, how can you say that why our religion is not a Global. Our religion - Vedic Dharma - Sanatan Dharma is not only global but it is a Universal Religion. On this topic, many books we can write but this should be enough to justify that our religion has no boundary.

Shanti, Shanti, Shanti...

Bmsuthar

As far as I know, during satya yuga the entire world was one big empire that followed the vedas. Later the continents divided up and people seperated from vedic society. How this was done specifically, I do not know. But I was told that certain groups would abuse the vedas and use it for black magic and for their own evil, materialistic purposes. They are not using it for the benefit of mankind's spiritual growth, but for their own sense pleasures and desires. There are 2 things that would then occur:

1. The king would kick the group out of his empire. During that time, when one man commits a sin, the entire society bears the burden. So the group would have to resettle somewhere else alone where they can perform their acts.

2. When the society commits those sins, it will bear the consequences, and usually it would be God punishing them by not allowing them to follow the vedas. All traces of vedic literature would be gone, and their descendants would not follow it either.

Greek mythology mentions this a bit, where Zeus punishes mankind for committing sins.