IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Wickus Booyse

Help and Guidance

Rate this topic

Hi. I am new to this forum. I feel like i am being called. For the past four weeks i have had been seeing images of Kali Ma. I feel her presence everyday. The thing is i was an atheist till this started. What i would like to know is how do i answer her call? How do i engage her? How do i worship? I have read what i can on the internet. I cant find a teacher here in South Africa. Am i going mad? Or am i wrong and it all means nothing. Thank you.

Hi. I am new to this forum. I feel like i am being called. For the past four weeks i have had been seeing images of Kali Ma. I feel her presence everyday. The thing is i was an atheist till this started. What i would like to know is how do i answer her call? How do i engage her? How do i worship? I have read what i can on the internet. I cant find a teacher here in South Africa. Am i going mad? Or am i wrong and it all means nothing. Thank you.

Just my opinion but being that according to Srimad Bhagavatam we are predominated living entities you are probably not going crazy. I don't know much about Kali Ma but it could be the supersoul is causing you to undergo some sort of spiritual awakening. My personal education is in Gaudiya Vaisnavism and the Golden Avatar Caitanya Mahaprabhu so for me I like to chant Hare krsna and read Srimad Bhagavatam. My understanding it that Kali is the wife of Lord Siva and Lord Siva is the topmost Vaisnava so Siva tries to direct people into worshiping Visnu.

My dear brother,

I can certainly tell you that you have not gone mad. But do not pay too much attention to what you have seen in your dreams. Kali Ma has no meaning. If you read Ramakrishna Paramahamsa’s story, it is said that he used to converse with Kali ma. He thought that is the ultimate thing which is happening to him. His mentor Tota Puri comes and says what is Kali Ma it is just another manifestation of the divine. Does not really mean anything. We need to seek beyond.

Yes, I agree that in Hindu religion Kali Ma is worshiped, but to my mind it is still another manifestation but not the divine itself.

Coming back to your concern. It could be some impressions, if you believe in past life’s, it could impressions from your past life. Whatever the reason may be, do not pay much importance to it. Because sometimes mind plays tricks on us and we took a path where there is no turning back.

What i have seen in my life so far it is the atheists are the one who talk more about GOD more than the believers. Once a student at the Virginia Tech and her mother came to me for learning meditation. Mother is interested in meditation but not the daughter ( must be in her 20s). Daughter said she is atheist hence not interested in mediation. But she is forced by her mother to start meditation. Let me type the conversation here.

Me: Who is an atheist?

Daughter: The who does not believe in GOD

Me: DO you know why people believe in GOD?

Daughter: I do not know

Me: precisely! Because they do not know the GOD that is why they have to believe. You don’t say when you introduce your mother, I believe she is my mother.

Me: Do you know why people do not believe GOD?

Daughter: not sure

Me: Because they do not believe in the people who believe in GOD. It’s much worst. Forget all these believes and non believes. What is important is not to look for the forms or GODs or GODESSES. To find that ultimate divine in ourselves as a real essence which is inspiring me in this life and I am aspiring to be in that state of happiness by realizing that presence. Without giving it a shape, form or name or any attributes.

Its quite pleasing to know about your call. I am not a teacher and hence cannot offer you extensive knowledge on how to worship, perform puja and all those good things. But I can tell you this: Meditate on her; her basic beej mantra is "Om Kreem" and she will show you the path or at least the next step.

hi frnd..........i really dont know why no one has answrd u yet.....but as u said u hv read enough abt her on internet ....u need no intro 2 describe her power

so....i d suggest u listen and practise chanting the mantras or verses that i m sending u in the link below...

YouTube - Jai Maha Kali Ma - Durga Saptashloki - Ghurinder Harnam Singh

i m sayn this 2 u coz....since u hav no guru....what u must do is the only way of chantin her mantras inorder 2 get her blessings....and once she thnks u r ready....the path will be shown 2 u by kali maa itself........

instructions 2 keep in mind as these chantings r very very powerful....coz they ll be composed of sanskrit 'bija aksharas'

(sacred letters)

1.immense belief

2.concentration

3.once when u start chanting them.....chant them by the very exact pronunciation that u listen in the video....coz....dude.....they work only if they re chanted as they are....

Your answer is NO. You're not going mad. It is extremely possible as well as plausible. God can appear in any shape or form but God tends to dawn on every human being in a form that has made an impact on the individual's persona and more importantly his mind because God knows that by doing this God is creating a really good channel of communication by assuming the form of His that you would like to see Him in the most. God exists in any and every form but the man who is the part of God can't realize the entirety of Paramatman (the supreme soul) so He tries to convey this absolute truth by giving His/Her devotees bliss and prosperity via His/Her forms. Maa Kali is one of the Mahavidyas and She is the Supreme Power in its most ferocious form (Rudraani or Chandi; the wife of Rudra or Chanda (Lord Shiv)); however, She's very kind and very delicate maternal aspect of God that would respond to even a slightest plea of her true devotee.

I would suggest that if Maa Maha Kaali Devi appears anytime again, please try to communicate by first of all respectfully bowing down to the Almighty and pay your homage and obeisances and thereby asking the question that you've posted on this forum. She will tell you how you can become Her devotee and it would be more perfect than any Guru could tell you because it is coming straight from the Almighty. Chant Gayatri Mantra and Maha Kali Chalisa everyday. You can get the scripted as well as the English script of these sacred chants on the web for FREE!!! Moreover, it is very important to stay sincere to your heart all the time so that Mata Shri understands your plight and surely She'll bestow her favor unto you.

May God bless and keep you.

Jai Mata Di!!! Om Namah Shivay!!! Om Shanti Shanti Shanithi!!!

Get Devi Mahatmya published by Geeta Press, Gorakhpur and keep reading anything which you like. Keep repeating may be 5 to 10 times in a day. You can read the translations also which will make you feel better. But, you must read the sanskrit slokas of those chapters. There many things before real Durga Saptashati starts, like, Kilak, Argala strotram, etc. Also you can read Chapter 4 which is the prayer to Kali by devatas. There are some good chapters after the durga saptashati. I hope this will give you satisfaction with peace.