IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

abide in the Self

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Teachings of BhagavanSri Ramana Maharshiin His Own WordsCHAPTER ONERELIGIONSOne should realise the Self by the Eye of wisdom. DoesRama need a mirror to recognise himself as Rama? 1 That towhich `I' refers is within the five sheaths, whereas the scripturesare outside them. Therefore, it is futile to seek by means of thestudy of the scriptures, the Self that has to be realised bysummarily rejecting even the five sheaths. 2To enquire `who am I that is in bondage?' and to knowone's real nature alone is Liberation. To keep the mind constantlyturned within and to abide thus in the Self is alone Atmavichara(Self-enquiry), whereas dhyana (meditation) consists in ferventcontemplation of the Self as Sat-Chit-Ananda (Being-Consciousness-Bliss). 3 Indeed, at some time, one will have toforget everything that has been learnt. 4The Realised Man stands forth as That to which all theattributes enumerated by the scriptures refer. To him therefore,these sacred texts are of no use whatever. 51 Who Am I?, § 20.2 Who Am I?, § 233 Who Am I?, § 27.4 Who Am I?, § 23.5 Spiritual Instruction, Chap. IV, § 9.