IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

ingredient list for Noah's Bagels (most are vegan)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks to Matthew for calling to check that many of Noah's bagels are vegan ("with the notable exceptions of the egg, cheese, whole wheat, and whole wheat sesame--the last two contain honey.)"

Whew! As someone who enjoy's Noah's bagels (by the dozen) I was worried to see someone saying they weren't AND contained eggs! But oddly enough, in an earlier response on a different topic about researching whether foods are vegan, Kim used Noah's Bagels as an example of researching whether foods are vegan.

So I thought it might be worthwhile to repeat the URL that Kim posted previously for anyone else who missed it; it shows the different ingredients for Noah's bagels.

http://www.dietfacts.com/list.asp?brand=noah_s_bagels

Unaware that she'd posted this (until I just recently caught up on the list emails), I had also contacted Noah's (just emailed them via their website) and they sent me the nutrition facts and ingredient list the next day. I've uploaded it to the "files" section on the (you'll need to sign in with your ID to use this feature)

For those without IDs, we've temporarily made it available on the BAV website at

www.bayareaveg.org/docs/noahs_bagels_NNYB Nutritional Guide 11-04.doc

I know I've asked for the ingredients at the store before, but they weren't very sure or didn't have a list. Sometimes for businesses like these, contacting via corporate is better.

Cheers,

Tammy

Veg and Animal Rights events, food, fun, and fellowship

http://www.BayAreaVeg.org

Check out the Ultimate Guide to Vegetarian Living in the San Francisco Bay Area ... veg foods, services, and more!

http://www.bayareaveg.org/ug

Guest Adama

You don't want to eat these bagels if you are vegan, or health conscious:

Plain Bagel [enriched bleached flour, (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, high fructose corn syrup, salt, yeast, molasses, malt, vegetable shortening [partially hydrogenated soybean , cottonseed, and/or canola oil], L. Cysteine, ascorbic acid, enzyme], poppyseeds, sesame seeds, onion, garlic, caraway seeds, salt.

L. Cysteine is made from human hair or duck feathers.

High Fructose Corn Syrup? Really?

Not part of any healthy, natural diet