IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: 'paarkadal-milkyway' name coincidence

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Swamins,

One additional information on Milkyway is also from Nacchiyaar Tirumozhi of Sri.Andal. She says in the nineth Pasuram "Pazhuthinni Palkadal Vannanukke". The uniqueness of the verse points to Pal - Milk; Kadal - Ocean.

In other pasurams in Nalayira Divyaprabandham normally 'Parkadal" is used.

Adien Ramanuja Dasan,

Pelapur Varadarajan.

ramanuja From: pattangiDate: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:55:03 -0600[sri ramanuja] 'paarkadal-milkyway' name coincidence

Dear Devotees,

Sri TR Sarathy is a well known astrologer and is a software professionalin the East coast. This article linking Thiruparkadal and Milky way is a good read andpoints for those of scientific bent of mind. ============== Note from TR Sarathy ==============I am not the first to see 'paarkadal-milkyway' name coincidence. But inmy quick search I did not get anything linking linking the core ofmilkyway to Maha Vishnu ...May be some others have though about this too.. If you think, publish this, pls do not edit/change the contents or points.TR Sarathi================================ start=========================================================Following are the astronomical facts: - TR SARATHY - trsarathi The Universe:The Universe is filled with billions of galaxies.A galaxy is a group of huge number of stars, the number of stars of theorder of several hundred billions. Our Sun is one of the 200 to 400 billion stars inside a galaxy called"The Milkyway".The name "Milkyway":You may have seen it if you live outside of a big city, it looks almostlike very tenuous clouds to the naked eye. It was named in prehistory before anyone really knew what it was,they just called it the "Milky Way" for its appearance.The word galaxy actually comes from the Greek word, galactos for milk!The Latin version of Milky Way is Via Lactea, with "Via" meaning "Way" or "Road" and "Lactea" meaning "Milk".The age of Milkyway galaxy:It is as old as the universe itself which is about 13.2 billion yearsShape of Mikyway::In 1600s Gallileo looked at an area of it with his telescope and realised that the Milky Way was made up of thousands of individualstars,and it was even later that it was realised that what we are looking atis an edge on view of our own galaxy, one of billions in the universe. The Milkyway is a multiple spiral shape - loops of curves going into the center.Our Sun is at one of the spiral limbs close to the edge of the spiral.What is at the center of the Milkyway:The center is a black hole, spinning along with its close surroundings rapidly. but the outer is a kind of bulged flat shape. All these studiesabout the core of the mikyway started only few decades back since thedawn of the radio / infrared telescopes. They are not visible to normal human vision or optical telscopes.The Milkyway is filled with black mass (that dont emit light and hencecant be seen) jsut like most part of the universe. The mass of theMilkyway is somewhat uniformly ditributed because of these black mass. Whats going on now in Milkyway:Milkyway is expanding (so is the distance among each galaxy and hence sois the universe).In that processes Mikyway swollows nearby smaller galaxies. Currently itis in the process of swollowing one such small galaxy. It will finish swollowing it in next few million years!Future:Ultimately all stars will die and go towards the central black holes.And all blackholes of all galaxies will merge.The universe will merge ina point. Physics has multiple theories on what will happen next. The 2 strong theories are (i) the universe willno longer exist (ii) that the universe will again expand from thatsingle pointThat is physics as of today.Few days back I was watching the Discovery channel program on our Milkyway galaxy:When they showed the zoomed in picture of the core of the milkyway, itlooked like a person or something laid down flat with some addionalshapes along with it. It is definitely hazy at this point - we need our telscopes to improve further. Here is the picture of the core of themilkyway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Milky_Way_IR_Spitzer.jpg ) OR see the attchment picture.It struck me that (i) this shape may be imagined / interpreted asMahavishnu on Aadiseshan with Brahma/Lakshmi (ii) what our rishis calledas thiru-paarkadal is actually the 'Milky'way. They have said paarkadal is something far away from Surya mandalam.They also said paarkadal was spun (kadainda) - cause of the spiral shapeformationThey also said Moon came out of paarkadal when they spun it. Infact all the stars and planets came from the middle of the galaxy. Moon is littlespecial in the sense that it has been there so very long to settle downwith its rotational speed same as its orbital speed with Earth. (every body revolvng around another in space, settle down like that ultimately).The Milkyway is swollowing and growing which is what Vishnu does.Vishnu swollows the universe and creates them again. It is his 'vilaiaattu'. I think, these astronomical knowledge must have been transfered to therishis in India by some body some how ....In the case of rahu/Kethu = the mythical snake's head and tail, whichare infact the intersection points of Moon's orbit in the plane of Earth's orbit around Sun.For the center of our galaxy, the mythical character is Vishnu/Narayana etc.My point is, these mythical / Vedic characters are basically transfer ofastronomical knowledge from one generation to the next - which probably was the only way people in India would have understood at that time.If the knowledge has been in fact transfered as above, this adds morevalue to Erich Von Daniken's theory, author of "Chariots of Gods".(http://www.amazon.com/Chariots-Gods-Erich-von-Daniken/dp/0425166805)< http://www.amazon.com/Chariots-Gods-Erich-von-Daniken/dp/0425166805%29%20author>(his theory is that super intellgent beings transfered theknowledge by regular vists to Earth. The so called Gods such asMuruga, Krishna, Venkatachalapathi etc. are such visitors only etc etc ). And the exception seems to be the Vishnu/Narayana, which is the centerof galaxy - which is probably what they meant when they saidVishnu/Narayana is the ultimate.We are so used to the evolution theory that we think that it will take thousands of years to evolve an intelligent being. But I think there isreally no such hard rule like that.When the galaxy was formed it IS possible there were many differentintelligent beings created very quickly. And they could have been called Devas and Asuras who fought for Amrdihamin the paarkadal etc.Either that, OR, more realistically - since we dont want tobelieve super intellgent beings were created quickly, the Devas and Asuras could have been simple astronomical events in the life of theMilkyway galaxy the story of which was, as usual, transfered inmythical characters.In fact, if we think about these, there is really no difference between an astronomical event and evolution of intelligent beings. they are allsame - events in the universe.Basically I am saying both Erich Von Danickens theory and my theory thatour Gods are nothing but astronomical setup could be simultaneously true. One does not preclude the other.Since the thick cluster around the blackhole could be the socalled Mahavishnu with Brahma/Lakshmi, the blackhole which is insidethat cluster may be the one they meant as Narayana (the paramaathma). Extending this, since we are the Jeevathmas around which some materialobjects are stuck (our body), *may be* each of us ARE a small blackholeprimarily residing at a point in our brain - being there from the sperm stage to full body evolution. (Jeevathma=small blackhole in our body,Narayana= the big blackhole at the center of Milkyway)And since mathematically there is no functional difference between asmall blackhole and a big black hole, we are all Narayana only. Or may be blackhole is there in every atom and in every matter...We will know the answers soon, within next few million years.======================================================================================= Wikipedia about milkyway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MilkywayWhere does the name Milkyway come from?:http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=94====================================== end==============================================

Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!

Guest Vaidhyanathan

FAntastic Explanation, Hats off to you.. These were the same thoughts that fires my mind.. I always thing there is a very good scientific explanation to all that our ancestors had said... may be the people might had not the level of understanding to take it directly and those had to be made more dramatic for them to get to the point..

anyways this is really good..